Clear All
No content found
Show More

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
  • New Topics
Clear All
Please log in to your account to view your subscribed posts.
Directory Topics Posts Last Post
Badcaps Capacitor & Electronics Repair Forum
Frequently Asked Questions (No Posting)
All new members, PLEASE READ HERE FIRST! Posting only allowed by established members.
Topics: 45 Posts: 733
45 733
Announcements & Related News
Site announcements, capacitor-related news, and anything relavant you might think of... Got News? POST IT!!
Topics: 235 Posts: 42,001
235 42,001
Document & Software Archive
Common Parts Library - Datasheets
Share or download datasheets or application notes for electronic components and other parts. Contribute your knowledge or ask questions. Before using please read our Terms of Service.
Topics: 1 Posts: 4
Last Post: ncp81208 datasheet
1 4
BAKEEL1990
General Topics
General Capacitor Questions & Issues
Questions and answers for identifying whether your device has bad capacitors. Also post general capacitor-related questions and issues here.
Topics: 3,189 Posts: 32,705
3,189 32,705
General Computer & Tech Discussion
Have just a general computer question, post it here. This can be anything from an OS issue, hardware issue not related to capacitors, upgrade question, or whatever basic tech-related issue is on your mind.... This is also a good place to share your tech projects!
Topics: 4,498 Posts: 74,847
4,498 74,847
Troubleshooting Hardware & Devices and Electronics Theory
General Electronics Technical Discussion
If you have a general question concerning basic electronics theory or component function & usage, here's where it goes.
Topics: 3,977 Posts: 44,372
3,977 44,372
Troubleshooting Desktop Motherboards, Graphics Cards, and PC Peripherals
Technical discussions covering any type of desktop motherboard, video/graphics card, controller card, or whatever other desktop peripheral you need help with. Any and all brands and models welcome. When starting a new thread, please put the make AND model of your device in the thread title. Also be VERY descriptive of your issue, that way you'll get the best answer possible!
Topics: 6,827 Posts: 37,366
6,827 37,366
Sub-Forums:
Troubleshooting & Designing Networks
Post your computer network questions, ideas, gripes, and so on in here. This can be any type of network, whether its cabled, wireless, or whatever. When starting a new thread, please put the make AND model of your device in the thread title. Also be VERY descriptive of your issue, that way you'll get the best answer possible!
Topics: 501 Posts: 5,451
501 5,451
Troubleshooting Laptops, Tablets, and Mobile Devices
Technical discussions covering any type of laptop, notebook, netbook, tablet, or smartphone. Any and all brands and models welcome. When starting a new thread, please put the make AND model of your device in the thread title. Also be VERY descriptive of your issue, that way you'll get the best answer possible!
Topics: 31,953 Posts: 305,044
31,953 305,044
Sub-Forums:
BIOS Requests ONLY! (12,734/153,726)
Schematic Requests ONLY! (4,748/28,543)
Troubleshooting Computer Displays
Technical discussions covering any type of PC/computer display, whether it be CRT, LCD, or anything else. When starting a new thread, please put the make AND model of your device in the thread title. Also be VERY descriptive of your issue, that way you'll get the best answer possible!
Topics: 5,323 Posts: 75,714
5,323 75,714
Troubleshooting TVs and Video Sources
Technical questions about your defective television, projection screen, LCD/plasma, or any other type of video device. When starting a new thread, please put the make AND model of your device in the thread title. Also be VERY descriptive of your issue, that way you'll get the best answer possible!
Topics: 27,460 Posts: 374,865
27,460 374,865
Troubleshooting Power Supplies and Power Supply Design
Technical discussion for power supplies. This covers PC supplies, and any other related power supply issue. When starting a new thread, please put the make AND model of your device in the thread title. Also be VERY descriptive of your issue, that way you'll get the best answer possible!
Topics: 4,183 Posts: 65,246
4,183 65,246
Troubleshooting Printers, Copiers, Scanners and other Imaging & Printing Devices
Technical questions about your defective laser or ink printer, plotter, copier, scanner, and other imaging & printing devices. This section also includes digital cameras. When starting a new thread, please put the make AND model of your device in the thread title. Also be VERY descriptive of your issue, that way you'll get the best answer possible!
Topics: 302 Posts: 1,669
302 1,669
Troubleshooting Audio Equipment
Technical discussion on audio equipment troubleshooting and installation. This can be anything from a home/car stereo, guitar amp, and so on. When starting a new thread, please put the make AND model of your device in the thread title. Also be VERY descriptive of your issue, that way you'll get the best answer possible!
Topics: 2,327 Posts: 27,496
2,327 27,496
Troubleshooting Appliances and other Household Electronic Stuff
Technical discussion on household appliances & other household electrics & electronics; including troubleshooting and installation. This can be anything from a washer/dryer, dishwasher, microwave oven, other sordid kitchen electrics and so on. When starting a new thread, please put the make AND model of your device in the thread title. Also be VERY descriptive of your issue, that way you'll get the best answer possible!
Topics: 224 Posts: 3,912
224 3,912
Troubleshooting Game Consoles & Other Weird Devices
This can be anything from game consoles to arcade games to anything else that doesn't really fit into any of the above categories. When starting a new thread, please put the make AND model of your device in the thread title. Also be VERY descriptive of your issue, that way you'll get the best answer possible!
Topics: 1,003 Posts: 10,882
1,003 10,882
Equipment Usage, Soldering, Techniques, and Reviews
Technical discussions concerning soldering techniques, usage of test equipment, how it works, what's best, and some pointers in using it all.
Topics: 1,380 Posts: 19,418
1,380 19,418

What's Going On?

Collapse

There are currently 450773 users online. 3733 members and 447040 guests.

Most users ever online was 1,342,976 at 10:51 PM on 04-26-2024.

Badcaps Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 102,373   Posts: 1,270,921   Members: 493,762   Active Members: 16,466
Welcome to our newest member, Lammoh.

Latest Topics

Collapse

• mon2
    Saeco SG200E Coffee Machine
    by mon2
    Hello. Have a known good Saeco SG200E Coffee machine but the internal hose from the pump were disconnected. Would someone be kind enough to share a few clear pics of the inside of this machine so we can reconnect the hose plumbing again? Many thanks....
    04-25-2024, 10:24 AM
  • Ihandyrepair
    ID smd 6pin chip - GM2 for electric scooter display
    by Ihandyrepair
    Hi

working on a not turning on Wheelspeed WS1 scooter.
    diagnosed - issue is the display/power button

on the board, with the multimeter I noticed there is a short to ground. as the red wire has 0 ohm to ground.
    with infrared camera, this chip (photo circled) would heat up if I push power button on.
    but I can't find any replacement or online info of this chip.
    on the chip you can see it has a label GM2H, I have another good working display with the same chip but it has label GM2C

could anyone help me id this chip and guide me to...
    05-08-2024, 06:59 PM
  • J8rda7
    Samsung UE40F5570SS -Black line and partially ghosted/blurred
    by J8rda7
    Hi,
    when I received this TV, there was a faulty T-con (missing all voltages, only 12V OK), black screen, sound OK, backlight OK.. So I replaced the T-con and now it looks like this.. Thank you Very much for any hints, what I must to check or measure etc.. Have a nice day and sorry for my english 🙂...
    Yesterday, 11:37 PM
  • Rezendes
    Looking for 13" Macbook Pro A1278 mid 2012 820-2565-A Schematics and Board View
    by Rezendes
    Hello, I am looking for any and all files related to the mainboard for 820-2565-A (13" Macbook Pro A1278 mid 2012) schematics/board view.

I looked through forum search results and google and was unable to find a board view file, I found a pdf of all the schematics but I don't know where the parts physically are on the board as this is my first macbook board level repair attempt.

The macbook charger has a green light, the battery has been replaced and OS reports Normal status but Not charging. After cleaning a corroded capacitor it crumbled off the board. There...
    Today, 02:18 PM
  • niconetor
    Toshiba Satellite L50-A-14K Bios
    by niconetor
    Hi! I have a corrumpt bios for this laptop

Model: Toshiba Satellite L50-A-14K
    Motherboard: tmt YA-4A1 E114139 Rev 2.1
    H000057570

No power, only led charging

This laptop have got two winbond
    25q32fvsiq and 25q16dvsig

Thanks for all reply!
    05-07-2024, 11:10 AM
  • fricosu007
    Macbook Pro M1 X A2484 820-02100 short on PPvin_5vusbc23 line
    by fricosu007
    Hello friends, today i got an A2485 820-02100-A in a desd state, found visual short on PPVIN_5VUSBC23 line, removed tantalum capacitor, installed same same value from other donor board, now there is no short on any of the rails but when i plug either magsafe3 or usbc inget 5v stable with 0.00 amps drown, no cycle, just these steady values, board is not in dfu mode, checked with magsafe and with usbc. Only value that i find on the board is ppdcin_aon which is 5v… i dont get 3,3 aon, 3v8 aon .. all missing, where should i start looking please !...
    Today, 09:40 AM
  • osbln
    Lenovo Ideapad 1 15IGL7 NM-E791 Rev. 1.0 fell down when switched on
    by osbln
    Hello everyone,

I like to repair everything I can get my hands on.
    A friend gave me a laptop that fell down while it was switched on.
    Now the display remains dark and the laptop no longer boots up.

Since my English is not so good, I worked with a translation tool. Please excuse me if something is not translated correctly.

Normally this device is not in a price category where you have to grit your teeth, but I really want to find the error and learn something in the process

Details of the device:

Manufacturer: Lenovo...
    Today, 02:42 PM
  • PITERPENY
    macbook A1708 820-00840-A
    by PITERPENY
    HI. I need help with this board! 5v/0a stable. Replacing the u7000 did not change the situation. Before I move on to replacing the SD3215, maybe there are some tips on what to pay attention

also need a diagram and boardview
    [ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"820-00840.png","data-attachmentid":3268566}[/ATTACH]...
    Today, 01:50 PM
  • steveoski
    BIOS for Asus ROG G713PV-DS94
    by steveoski
    Hey guys looking for the Bios for an Asus ROG G713PV-DS94
    Motherboard Number is g713p-mb-VGT 6050A3468901-MB-A01
    Serial Number is R3NRKD03613412E

i am not sure if any additonal information is needed if so let me know and i can update this post. Things i have tried are to download the BIOS directly from Asus but that file is a .329 file and is 32MB as opposed to the 16MB file i need. Scoured high and low and cant find this darn BIOS anywhere! Much appreciated!!...
    05-08-2024, 02:29 PM
  • mist79
    Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH, PQ201?
    by mist79
    I am still new to this, so I might sound brainless/ignorant in parts of my description/questions, since I have a lot of gaps in my knowledge, but I will do my best.

The laptop is Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH, and the motherboard model is NM-C221 Rev 2.0 (Schematics and BoardView can be easily found). To save time I have the exact problem in the laptop as the one shown in this video:
    [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfucZ_WKpz4[/url]

I was checking the voltages I found that the main power rail V20B+ is good, and same for the +3VALW circut, but when I tried the +5VALW,...
    05-08-2024, 10:52 AM

Trending

Collapse

• fricosu007
    Macbook Pro M1 X A2484 820-02100 short on PPvin_5vusbc23 line
    by fricosu007
    Hello friends, today i got an A2485 820-02100-A in a desd state, found visual short on PPVIN_5VUSBC23 line, removed tantalum capacitor, installed same same value from other donor board, now there is no short on any of the rails but when i plug either magsafe3 or usbc inget 5v stable with 0.00 amps drown, no cycle, just these steady values, board is not in dfu mode, checked with magsafe and with usbc. Only value that i find on the board is ppdcin_aon which is 5v… i dont get 3,3 aon, 3v8 aon .. all missing, where should i start looking please !...
    Today, 09:40 AM
  • Rezendes
    Looking for 13" Macbook Pro A1278 mid 2012 820-2565-A Schematics and Board View
    by Rezendes
    Hello, I am looking for any and all files related to the mainboard for 820-2565-A (13" Macbook Pro A1278 mid 2012) schematics/board view.

I looked through forum search results and google and was unable to find a board view file, I found a pdf of all the schematics but I don't know where the parts physically are on the board as this is my first macbook board level repair attempt.

The macbook charger has a green light, the battery has been replaced and OS reports Normal status but Not charging. After cleaning a corroded capacitor it crumbled off the board. There...
    Today, 02:18 PM
  • PITERPENY
    macbook A1708 820-00840-A
    by PITERPENY
    HI. I need help with this board! 5v/0a stable. Replacing the u7000 did not change the situation. Before I move on to replacing the SD3215, maybe there are some tips on what to pay attention

also need a diagram and boardview
    [ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"820-00840.png","data-attachmentid":3268566}[/ATTACH]...
    Today, 01:50 PM
  • mrgumshot
    Asus TP412F - No Power
    by mrgumshot
    [ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":3268557}[/ATTACH] Hi All,

i’ve got a Asus laptop on my bench here with a shorted IC. I think its a Power regulator but i cannot find ANY info on this IC. I thought i’d try my luck here.

Had a coil which was shorted to ground. Injected 1V and watched this ic get hot under thermal cam. Removed the IC and the short was gone. Now its .3 voltage drop which is good.

So basically i need help identifying this IC.

it looks...
    Today, 01:42 PM
  • mekvit
    Asus S550CA working bin
    by mekvit
    Please i need the working bin my Asus S550CA

motherboard number : K56CM Rev 2.0

PROBLEM : shutdown every 30 minutes

below is the attached file...
    Today, 08:30 AM
  • osbln
    Lenovo Ideapad 1 15IGL7 NM-E791 Rev. 1.0 fell down when switched on
    by osbln
    Hello everyone,

I like to repair everything I can get my hands on.
    A friend gave me a laptop that fell down while it was switched on.
    Now the display remains dark and the laptop no longer boots up.

Since my English is not so good, I worked with a translation tool. Please excuse me if something is not translated correctly.

Normally this device is not in a price category where you have to grit your teeth, but I really want to find the error and learn something in the process

Details of the device:

Manufacturer: Lenovo...
    Today, 02:42 PM
  • James Boden
    ps5 edam 330 boots but no video? ..changed HDMI port and ic ...ddc clock help?
    by James Boden
    Good evening, I've been stuck on a problem for a smidge now and not sure how to proceed..
    Ps5 boots etc but just doesn't have any video .. put a new hdmi connector on and a new encoder.. and all the diode readings are good except
    15- DDC clock - 671 - Iam getting 677
    16- ddc data - 671 -iam getting 677
    And hot plug (19) is 695 when should be 686..
    Any ideas on what could cause this ? I have no knowledge of hdmi signals or EDM 033 board view to track where they go etc ..

Jim​
    Today, 02:16 PM
  • ResoluteHawk
    ASUS GA401QM No ACDRV, No CMSRC
    by ResoluteHawk
    I have an Asus G14 (GA401QM) that has a power issue. Originally the board had a shorted 5V rail and dead EC. I reballed a working EC, soldered it on, and I resolved the 5V issue by replacing the APL6012 and the low side 5V mosfet. Resistances on all power rails are healthy now, but 20V does not make it through the first MOSFET. 20V is present on the drain of the first MOSFET, but there is no voltage on the gate or source.

When diagnosing this issue, I thought that the issue was due to the BQ24800 chip not outputting the correct signals so I soldered on a known working chip and the...
    05-08-2024, 01:30 PM
  • mandirinet
    Please Help..need Bios acer E5-476 DAZ8VRMB8E0 REV E..!!
    by mandirinet
    please..need bios for acer E5-476 DAZ8VRMB8E0 REV E model...
    Today, 04:38 AM
  • tec3000
    Sony LED 65X9005A shuts down after few seconds - looking for help
    by tec3000
    Hi community! Germany calling I am wondering if you guys can help me out. I have an issue with my Sony LED TV. I've been told this is a good place to ask. Thanks for anyone who will reply and offer advice. Appreciated!

I have a KD-65X9005A Sony 4k LED TV. For a few weeks I've got this problem where I turn on the TV and within a few seconds the TV starts getting darker until it shuts itself off and I get the 4 blinking error code. HOWEVER there is one exception: Whenever I switch to the i-Manual, a full screen on-screen instruction manual, the TV never turns off. I tested for hours!...
    03-20-2024, 07:29 AM
Working...
X