Sony LED 65X9005A shuts down after few seconds - looking for help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony LED 65X9005A shuts down after few seconds - looking for help

Hi community! Germany calling I am wondering if you guys can help me out. I have an issue with my Sony LED TV. I've been told this is a good place to ask. Thanks for anyone who will reply and offer advice. Appreciated!

I have a KD-65X9005A Sony 4k LED TV. For a few weeks I've got this problem where I turn on the TV and within a few seconds the TV starts getting darker until it shuts itself off and I get the 4 blinking error code. HOWEVER there is one exception: Whenever I switch to the i-Manual, a full screen on-screen instruction manual, the TV never turns off. I tested for hours! Here I uploaded a picture of it:

Online research tells me there is a backlight error and I can bypass it by grounding the wire that sends the error signal to the main board. I know it won't fix the underlying issue but chances are my TV will work just fine for the time being - once I disable the error signal.

I already replaced the powerboard and grounded the BL_ERR wire. My observations:

1) When I disconnect the powerboard end of the BL_ERR wire and ground it to one of the powerboard screws nothing changes. TV turns on and off within a few seconds. Then I get the 4 blinking error code.
    2) When I disconnect the mainboard end of the BL_ERR wire and ground it to one of the mainboard screws the TV gives me 6 red blinking error code. The TV doesn't even turn on.

Right now I don't know how to proceed. I am grateful for some advice!

Here some more pics. (I can upload more pictures if needed.)

First a close-up of the powerboard:

And here is the complete back of my tv:

Code error 4
    Attached Files

Comment

thank you. So what do I do?

Comment

I first want to try to disable the wire that sends the error signal so that the TV doesn't turn off.

Comment

So you have bad led driver board or panel. It says to check the voltage in the picture of that connection. According to the blink code anyway

Comment

Is it possible or not to bypass the error signal that is sent that turns the TV off? I have described everything in my initial post. The TV doesn't turn off when I'm in the i-Manual. I think there is a way to take out one wire and my TV won't shut off.

Comment

Have you tried doing a hard reset (if it was a software failure)?

Comment

I did a reset. I had to hold the up button on my remote and press the power button on the back of my TV. Then it said reset on my TV. Not sure if this is a hard reset though.(This is a non-Android Smart TV.) Nothing changed unfortunately.

Comment

No, there are two buttons pressed on the TV Vol - and Power, keep them pressed and insert the plug into the socket.

Comment

Yes, I did tried the volume down AND Power button combo too. Then plugged in my TV. Kept holding both buttons until the TV turned on. But then it simply turned off again... This is a TV is from 2013. At least with the other combination a reset message appeared on my TV.

Comment

I still have not the slightest clue what to do next. Like I said, I'm not after fixing the backlight problem (yet) since the i-Manual clearly shows my TV still operates normally. I want to bypass the problem. Question is HOW?

Comment

If you read what he posted, I assume lotas posted the codes for your tv, error codes are different depending on the TV. So what he posted for 4 blinks is not the backlight. It's the led driver board. The code says to check the voltage on the pin indicated. That's your next step. The led driver board doesn't mean backlights are bad.

According to the first part of the code. It's your led driver, or your panel is bad.

Comment

you have clearly LED defect and can be noticed from first picture... all other parts on TV are fine... Sony will never admit or write at Service Manual any issue at LEDs... so the refer to the service manual are useless.
                          yours LED BL Edge one... by pass BL_error.will not work when you have shorted one or more LED ( see the black shadow at the first Picture )
                          if yours plan to use the TV with out replacing LED BL. then at least you need to have access to LED BL edge boards and from there remove the shorted one.or replace one or more.

if you want to by pass then the work should be on the LED driver boards... nark first the line which had shorted ( high currents ) pill line.. cut it and add external load ( such Filament Lamp ) to suck all the extra currents which produced because of the shorted LED ). the LED driver boards will no more generated BL_error signal to MB.

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
                            Code error 4
                            Ok, I have to ask. I have my meter here. But can't find the board in question. Where is the B board? I couldn't locate JL9112 anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by EazyBone View Post
                              If you read what he posted, I assume lotas posted the codes for your tv, error codes are different depending on the TV. So what he posted for 4 blinks is not the backlight. It's the led driver board. The code says to check the voltage on the pin indicated. That's your next step. The led driver board doesn't mean backlights are bad.

According to the first part of the code. It's your led driver, or your panel is bad.
                              Thank you. It's a bit confusing to be honest. If it's the LED driver board replacing should fix my issue, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                                you have clearly LED defect and can be noticed from first picture... all other parts on TV are fine... Sony will never admit or write at Service Manual any issue at LEDs... so the refer to the service manual are useless.
                                yours LED BL Edge one... by pass BL_error.will not work when you have shorted one or more LED ( see the black shadow at the first Picture )
                                if yours plan to use the TV with out replacing LED BL. then at least you need to have access to LED BL edge boards and from there remove the shorted one.or replace one or more.

if you want to by pass then the work should be on the LED driver boards... nark first the line which had shorted ( high currents ) pill line.. cut it and add external load ( such Filament Lamp ) to suck all the extra currents which produced because of the shorted LED ). the LED driver boards will no more generated BL_error signal to MB.
                                Thank you. Gotta say, I'm a noob. I won't be able to do what you suggested. Like adding extra load etc... I CAN buy a new LED driver board and change it. But not sure it will fix my issue?

Comment

Originally posted by tec3000 View Post

Thank you. Gotta say, I'm a noob. I won't be able to do what you suggested. Like adding extra load etc... I CAN buy a new LED driver board and change it. But not sure it will fix my issue?
                                  Man, from yours first photo ( E. Manual ) the screen had black spot shadow on the top... this is remark. one or more LED Units are off.... new driver boards will not help even if you change all boards..
                                  e.manual section at Sony displaying and TV remain ON... just because the SOS ( BL_ERR ) will be ignored from main boards... its same when you call diagnostic service menu.... this facts make you and other thinking LED are fine.. but they are not..
                                  you have 2 flat ribbon cable going under the screen from LED driver boards.... remove the heat sink and post clear photo of it... also try remove one ribbon cable at once and turn on... see if the set remain on... or it will give error immediately.

Comment

or instead to call e.manual .. try at the time the set on so fast try change the picture setting , backlight level to down as much you can

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post

Man, from yours first photo ( E. Manual ) the screen had black spot shadow on the top... this is remark. one or more LED Units are off.... new driver boards will not help even if you change all boards..
                                      e.manual section at Sony displaying and TV remain ON... just because the SOS ( BL_ERR ) will be ignored from main boards... its same when you call diagnostic service menu.... this facts make you and other thinking LED are fine.. but they are not..
                                      you have 2 flat ribbon cable going under the screen from LED driver boards.... remove the heat sink and post clear photo of it... also try remove one ribbon cable at once and turn on... see if the set remain on... or it will give error immediately.
                                      here the pic. Is that the correct board?

Comment

This is T-CON, L.Dr. board. is located here.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X