macbook A1708 820-00840-A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

macbook A1708 820-00840-A

HI. I need help with this board! 5v/0a stable. Replacing the u7000 did not change the situation. Before I move on to replacing the SD3215, maybe there are some tips on what to pay attention

also need a diagram and boardview
    Click image for larger version

Name:	820-00840.png
Views:	536
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	3268566

What is the resistance to ground of PPBUS_G3H ? (no power to the board while testing in resistance mode - only power to the people!)

Comment

PPBUS_G3H=0.002v/diod=0.402
      all indicators on the coils are normal and there are no short circuits

Comment

What is the voltage to ground for the following?

PPVIN_G3H_P3V3G3H
        PP3V3_G3H

Comment

I replaced the u7000 from the working board again and the results were the same
          PPVIN_G3H_P3V3G3H=4.75V
          PP3V3_G3H=3.4V

Comment

3v4 is good.

With no power, check the full path resistance of the current sense resistor on U7000 (ISL9239).

Comment

all components have a good value within 0.425 to 0.547 in diode mode! Removing f7000 does not affect anything

Comment

Sorry - should have been more specific.

1) Diode mode testing will only confirm that the I/O pin on the IC is not damaged. Your readings are good to validate this status.

2) We are after the full path resistance of the current sense circuit so you will need to be in resistance mode on your meter (lowest scale if manual version meter) -> one meter probe on one side of C7020 and other meter probe on other side of this capacitor.

We are wanting to confirm the start to end resistance which must match the schematic values. This is for the charging circuit current sensing.

Repeat the same style of testing with C7023 = current loop sensing for the INPUT of this critical power rail.

PS: Should you not be sleeping?

Click image for larger version

Name:	current_loop2.png
Views:	149
Size:	157.8 KB
ID:	3268670

Click image for larger version  Name:	current_loop.png Views:	0 Size:	219.7 KB ID:	3268669
                Last edited by mon2; 05-10-2024, 07:04 PM.

Comment

How are you measuring the current draw? Is it with a usb type C meter ?

Is the usb c meter a bidirectional type?

Since there are valid voltages on the board, the current draw should be > 0 A. Expecting at least a few mA on the current draw.

Comment

mon2 you should work as a consultant on the Rossman forum, otherwise they have a negative attitude towards inexperienced masters like me!
                    PS: Should you not be sleeping?
                    I have a lot of work that I'm new to
                    C7023=2.4ohm
                    C7020=2.4ohm

Comment

These are good measurements. Are you using a usb C meter? Is it bidirectional type ? Does the same tool show a valid current draw on other devices?

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
                        These are good measurements. Are you using a usb C meter? Is it bidirectional type ? Does the same tool show a valid current draw on other devices?
                        I made a video for you but I don't understand how it works here
                        https://youtube.com/shorts/wzIFIk-VcUI?feature=share

Comment

Be sure that the USB C paddle board is firmly attached to the mezzanine connector. Even with a single LED as a load - there should be a current draw showing on the meter of a few mA.

The default power up voltage on the power adapter is 5 volts and with no load, it will be 0A for the current draw. Check the voltage on the input fuses on the board - do you see 5 volts?

Do test the same meter on another type C product to confirm the current draw feature is working.

Comment

The tester works flawlessly, checked!
                            I have no voltage on the F7000 (it is temporarily removed)

Comment

Check each of the LDO rails on the CD3215 ACE controllers - they must be present. Each CD3215 must be working to allow for the 20V power delivery contract as per the article by @Piernov.

CD3215 Bootup Sequence - LogiWiki

Confirm the voltage to ground of:

SMB_SMC_CHGR_SCL
                              SMB_SMC_CHGR_SDA

We must have a valid voltage on PPBUS_G3H to continue. Not shorted?

Confirm the DIODE mode readings for the _CC1 and _CC2 pins on each of the USB C port.

For example:

USBC_XA_CC1
                              USBC_XA_CC2

Last edited by mon2; 05-12-2024, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Now I will replace the CD 3215 with new ones and write down the results, do you ever sleep?)))) I sleep, you are here, I woke up, you are here))))

Comment

I replaced it with new CD 3215, no changes.
                                  USBC_XA_CC1=0.567

USBC_XA_CC2=0.569
                                  USBC_XB_CC1=0.566
                                  USBC_XB_CC2=0.569

SMB_SMC_CHGR_SCL=2.6-3.4v unstable
                                  SMB_SMC_CHGR_SDA=2.6-3.4v unstable

Comment

PP1V1_UPC_XB_LDO_BMC=0V

Comment

PP1V1_UPC_XB_LDO_BMC=0V
                                      This is the CCx power rail for the BMC interface used by the power delivery communication. This power rail will only be active for the side of the USB-C blade that is being used to power the board. Confirm this by checking the LDO_BMC rail for the other side of the same USB-C connector that is being used. One side must offer this LDO rail with 1v1 output.

Comment

I also changed the CD 3215 and still have PP1V1_UPC_XB_LDO_BMC = 0V (in diode mode 0.471)

Comment

Working...
                                        X