No announcement yet.

Sony LED 65X9005A shuts down after few seconds - looking for help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, Diah told me the same. So I can't just remove the boards.

And to test in diode mode I still need to detach the screen from the rest. So right now I don't know how to proceed.

Originally posted by Diah View Post

Nothings Impossible, but you need to make plan first and as other said patient.

Plan first where you can hold the LCD Panel after you take it out for long time until you finish the repair..
    second right now you can disconnect the 4 ribbon cable from T-CON to panel from T-CON side.( be careful the ribbon old the contact pins easily damaged ) then turn on.... you will see the LED BL come on. this mean after you took the panel out you can always switch the TV ON and check if yours work on BL are correct and all lit on.
    third after you take out the panel.... try to take all light filters sheets at once and keep them tight in same order and remark the top one corner to let you easy put them back at same place and order after you finishing the work.
    fourth , the solid reflector plate ( which are the bottom ) in some Sony Model they use 2 pieces clued with transparent Type. be cardull when you handle it and mark its position as it could had different surface as top and down.

that's all..

later 2016 Sony used double LED for edge, also after you have access to LEDs here allot of people will help you to know the kind / Type of the LEDs you have... on Aliexpress you can buy 100 pieces just for 5-6 $, so you can change all at once or if you find strips ready mounted will be better..

Comment

I never remove any of the boards when doing backlights. Also. As Davi said, plugging it in will or ve useful after screen is off. Donny seems to be quite the cautious guy. I have done maybe 100 backlights and never damaged a board while it's on back, just don't move it around like it's gym weights. Looks like your gonna have fun

Comment

Actually i was saying diode mode test on the mosfets on the Led control board..

Comment

don't remove the boards , just remove any plate as the one at the top and at the corners... the reset will be clips to release the bezel as i can see from the photo..

try to draw the TV back on blank A4 paper and locate each screw you are open ,mark them on yours drawing place of it,,,,,

Click image for larger version  Name:	1711719981237.jpg Views:	0 Size:	5.78 MB ID:	3244431

Comment

Diah
            thank you for marking the spots on the TV. I have uploaded yet another pic. Do I need a special tool for these? I don't see how I can remove the plate at the top. There is nothing to screw?
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tec3000 View Post
              Diah
              thank you for marking the spots on the TV. I have uploaded yet another pic. Do I need a special tool for these? I don't see how I can remove the plate at the top. There is nothing to screw?
              okay, if there no screw then its just piece to add strength to chassis to being straight... however the bezel should hold on it by clips.. so leave any plate pieces mounted on chassis which there no screw

Comment

check yours PM

Comment

Happy Easter guys!

I was able to remove the frame from the back of the TV. My TV is a bit different though. I couldn't even use the suction cups. I simply took out the entire back out of the frame. Tomorrow I will get down to the LEDs. But I plugged in the TV and indeed half of the screen turned dark. So it's confirmed!

It's not all good news though. No idea when and how but I did some harm to the top of the panel.

No idea what the real world implications are going to be. I guess the i-Manual will give me an idea what I can expect from the TV from now on. I'll definitely assemble everything back and have a look.

Looks bad guys, right? I know I messed up but I still want to buy the LEDs. Should I go ahead?
                  Attached Files

Comment

What am I looking at. What are these holes on the black thing?

And where is picture of panel damage. If you effed the screen I wouldn't proceed no. I would still break it down to the LEDs and have a look and then put it all back together again as some practice. Do it as if you didn't damage the panel so you can learn.

Comment

Those holes are just placeholders for the speakers beneath. I had uploaded pics of my TV but here someone else's set where you can see what it looks like from the front. (Pic 1)

And I have circled the area with the panel issue. The glass is not broken or anything. It's somehow beneath the coating. Really not sure how it happened and what it is? (Pic 2)
                      Attached Files

Comment

this is look like air between the LCD and the front glass. .. don't bother with it right now. complete the access to LED strips

Comment

Please.. 8000x6000 pics are way too much.. my pc goes nuts.. scale down them..
                          i can only view the reduced versions.. obviously this is a model with front covering glass with flat surface finish that inglobates speakers.. the way you put it on the sofa is wrong, must be front faced down.. so it doesnt unglue the real LCD.. actually front piece is maybe plastic and lcd is havier weight glass

Comment

yeah, no worries. I have uploaded a smaller pic.

So should I move the front that's on the sofa or no need?
                            Attached Files

Comment

so, the front side face down, better..

Comment

I see. You mean flat. That's how it was over the weekend and those air bubbles emerged all of a sudden. Weird right...

Comment

was the sitting surface really flat? maybe the valley between sofa elements... hoping that remounting it is barely noticeable..

Comment

It wasn't on the sofa. It was on the ground. However, I put a soft gym mat under it. It didn't cover the entire panel, so I was able to move it around as needed. I'm thinking maybe it happened while I turned it every now and then... Just a theory.,

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                                      this is look like air between the LCD and the front glass. .. don't bother with it right now. complete the access to LED strips

SO GUYS.... I was finally able to remove everything. I'm a bit surprised.

1) I only see LEDs on each side of the TV. Nowhere else. Nothing in the center... Is that expected? Or do I still need to remove more?

2) ALL LEDS ARE WORKING. At first. Then they go off block by block.

So do I have a LED problem...OR NOT?

BTW: I also attached a lower resolution version (30%).
                                      Attached Files

Comment

1) which is why it's called edge lit. Only on the sides.

Comment

LOL. OK, that makes sense

Comment

Working...
                                          X