No announcement yet.

Sony LED 65X9005A shuts down after few seconds - looking for help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would always remove the screen to check the part number of the LED's before you order them. Some people might be happy ordering ones that are supposedly compatible with their model of TV, but why take the risk?

Stripping a tv down for the first time can be a stressful experience. And may take you a few hours as you want to go very carefully. So my advice would be to break it down, find the correct part number of LED, order some new ones then relax for a day or two until they arrive and you can begin the rebuild.

Thats my own preferred method, but everyone has their own.

Comment

Originally posted by Donny2derby View Post
      I would always remove the screen to check the part number of the LED's before you order them. Some people might be happy ordering ones that are supposedly compatible with their model of TV, but why take the risk?

Stripping a tv down for the first time can be a stressful experience. And may take you a few hours as you want to go very carefully. So my advice would be to break it down, find the correct part number of LED, order some new ones then relax for a day or two until they arrive and you can begin the rebuild.

This is my prefered method too when i order led strips

Comment

Originally posted by EazyBone View Post
        Suction cups work fine, you don't need extra hands, I do it all the time. If you have two of these spaced out, there's no need for another. You don't need to remove the screen before purchasing the LEDs, of you have a room that is empty and no animals or anything is going to go in there, then fine. Do it so you feel good. Just make sure two things. One, have the ribbons/buffer boards taped with masking tape to the screen so they don't catch anything when you pull the screen off, be gentle with bending them, but they aren't as fragile as you'd think. And two, make sure you run a paper, not plastic, card under the screen along all the edges to make sure the screen isn't glued down (after bezel is removed). Except for the bottom. Sony doesn't usually glue the screen down that I've seen but if by chance it did, you can break it trying to pull the screen off. If there is tape/glue then you want to suction the screen semi close to the area and pull up gently and slide the paper card under the screen to release it. Once you've done that stick a piece of paper or cards under those areas so it doesn't restick while pulling it off. And then suction and pull straight up. Likely it's not glued but who knows. I prefer the double suction cups because if one of them fails, you still have one that will hold it.

Good luck, we can answer questions as you go as long as you put some pictures also.

AND when you put the screen back on, you are going to want new grounding tape to apply to buffer boards. You can probably use old tape but I always put new tape.
        slightly of topic but did you see phils video re suction cups we all have too learn but sadly costs us at times https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2piGTspnCTo

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post

slightly of topic but did you see phils video re suction cups we all have too learn but sadly costs us at times https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2piGTspnCTo
          That's a 28 minute video I ain't watching. What's the point? The suction cups caused those lines? Cause that's never happened to me and I've done well over 100.

Also if there is only one set of lights for your tv.. then you just order the set for it. If you wait to have screen off then order them, you can't fix other tvs and just waste time. Obviously you aren't fixing more tvs. So you can wait and make sure you don't crack the screen, no one's rushing tou. You have an edgelit tv, do some research. Use shop jimmy.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/20446775101...mis&media=COPY

These might be them. Probably are.

Also when you break down a tv and wait while using suction cups. If you don't put the TV on a hard flat service (I use old TV box) then you can't undo the suction cups. If you undo them on a soft surface the screen will flex and you risk trying to push down the screen to get suction and will crack it because of the flex. So you have to leave the suctions cups attached for a long time while waiting on shipping. And that can take a week or 10 days. And I don't like to leave the suctions attached for that long because we'll, it's creating suction and can mess with the screen.

So I like to be ready when I take the screen off to be able to put the lights in right away or at least by the next day or so. But maybe I do it more often.
          Last edited by EazyBone; 03-26-2024, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EazyBone View Post

That's a 28 minute video I ain't watching. What's the point? The suction cups caused those lines? Cause that's never happened to me and I've done well over 100.

Also if there is only one set of lights for your tv.. then you just order the set for it. If you wait to have screen off then order them, you can't fix other tvs and just waste time. Obviously you aren't fixing more tvs. So you can wait and make sure you don't crack the screen, no one's rushing tou. You have an edgelit tv, do some research. Use shop jimmy.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/20446775101...mis&media=COPY

These might be them. Probably are.

Also when you break down a tv and wait while using suction cups. If you don't put the TV on a hard flat service (I use old TV box) then you can't undo the suction cups. If you undo them on a soft surface the screen will flex and you risk trying to push down the screen to get suction and will crack it because of the flex. So you have to leave the suctions cups attached for a long time while waiting on shipping. And that can take a week or 10 days. And I don't like to leave the suctions attached for that long because we'll, it's creating suction and can mess with the screen.

So I like to be ready when I take the screen off to be able to put the lights in right away or at least by the next day or so. But maybe I do it more often.
            One of the suction cups slipped off and smashed the screen and he punched it at the end just a funny video in my opinion. I actully use the suction cups you have posted and not had a issue myself, i only repair as a hobby so just store the tv apart safely until leds arrive. (unless its a expensive tv i then will put lcd back in set and wait as safer that way.}
            Last edited by vinceroger69; 03-26-2024, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Ahh, that's why double suction. One slips off, still got one. Has happened twice on me. I test them all at the store and make sure I get the best ones,they don't all work the same

Comment

Originally posted by tec3000 View Post
                so I took out one of the LVDS on the mainboard end, had a look and just plugged it back in and first pic happened. Then I played with the cable and plugged it back in and i-Manual is almost as good as it has ever been. (pic 2) BUT Diah can you take a look at pic 3 and 4 and tell me how I should clean it?

And in pic 5 you see the ribbon cables. Any hint how to carefully disconnect those cables? I should first peel off the tinfoil right? I really don't wanna mess this up....
                i do wounder our experiences user went to talk on subject and the important things to advice newbie didn't take in place
                so, before any things you do, ,, install back the metal shield & heat sink of LD and T-CON to aoide any spark from yours body to damage them.

about yours questions,,,

this how to disconnect the 4 ribbon from panel in points

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_331730.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	997.7 KB
ID:	3242809

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post

i do wounder our experiences user went to talk on subject and the important things to advice newbie didn't take in place
                  so, before any things you do, ,, install back the metal shield & heat sink of LD and T-CON to aoide any spark from yours body to damage them.

about yours questions,,,

this how to disconnect the 4 ribbon from panel in points
                  Indeed, thank you!! I wouldn't have put them back on! Now they're back on the TV again.

I was able to remove the foil and detach the ribbon cables from the connector. Is this the right end? It's still connected at the bottom of the TV. I have attached a pic how it looks right now.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tec3000 View Post

Indeed, thank you!! I wouldn't have put them back on! Now they're back on the TV again.

I was able to remove the foil and detach the ribbon cables from the connector. Is this the right end? It's still connected at the bottom of the TV. I have attached a pic how it looks right now.
                    its okay... before every things as the TV back on top , remove the speaker and under the speacker there are metal cover the panel buffer boards... you may need also to remove the base of the legs standing too.... after you have access and the buffers boards free from the tV you can start removing the bezel from the front of the screen, , pull out the screen with suck cups... remove sheets and keep them in same order ... that's all,,, putting back will be reward process as you start,

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post

its okay... before every things as the TV back on top , remove the speaker and under the speacker there are metal cover the panel buffer boards... you may need also to remove the base of the legs standing too.... after you have access and the buffers boards free from the tV you can start removing the bezel from the front of the screen, , pull out the screen with suck cups... remove sheets and keep them in same order ... that's all,,, putting back will be reward process as you start,
                      Great, thank you. BTW: I got the double suction cups today. Now I can try to remove the screen and see what LEDs I need to replace. Wish me luck guys!

Click image for larger version

Name:	1711641363087.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	8.40 MB
ID:	3243983
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Donny2derby View Post

your absolutely right. A lot of these Sony TVs use 2 different strips. Some have ribbon style connector with push in and clamp down and others have a wire and clip style connector.

always tear down and order exact part #s.

Comment

Yeah, right now I wouldn't know what kind to order and how many.

So right now I'm doing the tear down. Not sure how to proceed though. I couldn't find a video with my Sony model. It's from 2013. So it looks distinctively different than newer models.

Can you guys take a closer look at the front of my TV? As you can see the speakers are a bit different on this model.

And I have trouble removing the bezels. They're not coming off. I also can't find any screws that are holding them. Maybe I don't even need to remove them?

Thanks guys!

Comment

can you post the exact tv model? i don't think it's ok what you posted..

Comment

Model name is: KD-65X9005A

Comment

right now the TV looks like this:
                                Attached Files

Comment

Well for a start mate you need to remove all the boards. So disconnect the plugs and leave the wiring looms in situ. Then things will look a lot clearer. The bezel of the TV will simply unclip from the screen. By design it can't have any screws in it when you think about it.

Comment

TA, appreciated! So mainboard, power supply board, T-Con, etc. ... all out? What is the purpose? Remove the bezel? Or unscrew anything that is holding the screen from the back of the TV?

Comment

Because you'll want to remove anything that could become damaged when laying the Tv on its back. And you want to be able to see if there's anything underneath those boards you have to remove or unscrew before you can be sure it's safe to begin removing the bezel from the screen.

Comment

ok, I'll start removing the boards now

Comment

E-ehm.. i would not touch the boards... i think them will be useful when you removed the lcd glass to see the leds on, especially if you memorize the imanual key sequence..

i have never seen the imanual screen out, are we sure those shadows in first post image are a defect?

from what i read this is a local dimming set, the tiny power mosfets on the led control bd seems have suffered a bit, some has brown halo some not.. why? each one controls probably a screen sector, one of those could be leaky, i would test them in diode mode in every combination especially G-D , G-S , and compare them, before taking risky action..
                                          Last edited by Davi.p; 03-29-2024, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X