Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Faulty Philips PSU (715g5246-p01-000-002s )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Faulty Philips PSU (715g5246-p01-000-002s )

This PSU was pulled from a faulty 42" Philips LED TV.
    TV was not turning on. I was told that it has been damaged from lightning.

Here is a Pic of MY PSU:

For better view pls check out this page

First of all i´d like to know why there are so many missing components (and heat sinks) on my board, especially on the primary side. The serial numbers match exactly.....

Don´t mind the 5 missing FETs on the secondary side. I removed them for testing....They are fine.

Here is what i found so far:
    Primary seems to be ok. On the output, there is no 5v standby voltage. The 12v rail has a short to ground.

Any help appriciated

Re: Faulty Philips PSU (715g5246-p01-000-002s )

Some members prefer it if pictures are posted using manage attachments
    which can be found in "Go Advanced" which is under quick reply.

Also perhaps you could update your profile with country and mains voltage.

I dont know the answer, Budm would know straight away, but depending where you live the board may not be configured with PFC booster circuit.
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Boards for these cheaper variety sets are often printed/drilled for multiple models and configurations. Seeing a board with many components not loaded is not uncommon, especially in lower end TVs.

Comment

That´s what i thought....

And i´m from germany so mains voltage is 230V AC

BTW: sorry i can´t edit the first post

Comment

Hmm well I would have thought Germany would definitely have pfc whereas the amazon probably not required.
          Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair

Comment

For an LED TV they might be able to get away with it (<150W) though it is very unusual, maybe it has been worked on before??
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
              ......maybe it has been worked on before??
              No, i dont´t think so. All the solder joints look very clean....like "out of factory"

Maybe we should focus on my 12v problem.

Comment

Have you owned it since new?
                Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

No, got it as faulty.

Comment

Can you supply a picture of the bottom of the board?

Comment

Here are fresh ones with the best quality i can get:

I´ll upload an edited one in a sec....

I´v added the pinout for the connector. Blue FET´s are removed. Short from 12v to GND
                      Attached Files

Comment

OK, there is clearly no PFC circuit there, no control components... I was just concerned that part had to been removed!

It is normal for a winding to appear shorted as it is just a coil of wire wrapped around the transformer core. Are you saying there's a short beyond the coil?

Comment

Oh, my bad. I didn´t mean they are shorted to each other. They are all shorted to ground. and the 12v output is shorted to ground. So yes, there must be a short beyond the coil.

Comment

With the diodes remove it's pretty common to real the coils shorted together -- they are tied to a common node, usually ground.

Comment

Ok, and what about the 12v rail?

Comment

The 12V might power the LED boost converters at the top of the board. Is there any way to isolate these?

Comment

Sir Would you Try to Check the Primary AC Input to PSU. the Check The Secondary Supply if Have Voltage Flow. then Check The Rectifier and The Capasitor Filter?

Comment

Sir i think. if this Component Destroy of Lightning Flux. hmmp. may be the 7 pin IC.

Comment

If he is seeing a short on the secondary, it is not the TinySwitch/7pin IC

Comment

Hi - what is this- may be just a link or the picture, but it looks a bit odd.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X