No announcement yet.

Sony LED 65X9005A shuts down after few seconds - looking for help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, I will go ahead and disassemble everything. Let's see what I'll find! I'll let you know. Thank you!

Comment

So I got the cables and the t-con board from China. It came early. I was excited. But somehow nothing changed. What does that mean now?
      Click image for larger version

Name:	1715111145879.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	3267308

Comment

did you compare the pins amount of the new and old ribbon cable ??? and also the the zise of wide???
        if they are fit at that measurements .. try them first with yours original t-con

Comment

Diah

I tried the cables first on my t-con board. Same as with the one from China. BTW: I bought this t-con board: https://de.aliexpress.com/item/1005006203664939.html
          I didn't know but it doesn't look new to be honest...

And the new cables are a bit wider but the pins are both 80 on each side. I took two pics. Can you have a look?
          Attached Files

Comment

compare them in way both contact pins facing each other..not as you did on the top.. . so we will know

Comment

Well, from the photo you can see that the step does not coincide with the original, there is a shift...
              Attached Files

Comment

Yes, that's what I thought. Then I aligned them as Diah said and it looks close. (Pic1)
                But the length of the pins is definitely different. The originals are longer. (Pic2) Is that a problem?
                Attached Files

Comment

The thickness of the contact pad corresponds to the original. There are no traces left from the clamping of the connector, as if there is no contact..
                  Attached Files

Comment

ah, that's because it was an unused one. I got 10 instead of 4 from China! Here I just de-attached one of the new used one. There you see the marks:
                    Attached Files

Comment

they pass..
                      hope you didn't remove or play with ribbon white the TV on..
                      let check from the bottom... show the panel puffer boards if there any sign of burn parts or trace

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                        they pass..
                        hope you didn't remove or play with ribbon white the TV on..
                        I have, I have.
                        Since then the TV is like that. It also smelled a bit. I told about this when it happened a couple weeks ago. Remember? But I bought the cables and the t-con board AFTER that. Since then I didn't do any cable detaching while the TV was plugged in. Lesson learned....

Comment

they pass..
                          let check from the bottom... show the panel puffer boards if there any sign of burn parts or trace
                          and here the pics:
                          Attached Files

Comment

photo No 2. there are unclear things to me... check them

and you have 2 U ribbon cable connect 2 half on one side together... carefully take them out and inspect them

Name:	1715278041617.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	3267975

Comment

This is more likely a reflection from the flash.

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
                                if this the case then this line heated and lost the green color,, and maybe cut off ... i hope so

Comment

there are another way to know why the gamma dead and where the issue.... using the original T-CON and the replacement one we need to do it in points turn on and check the screen
                                  A- with Original T-con in place all 4 ribbon cable connect to panel
                                  1- disconnect only left side U ribbon cable after test if no change put it back
                                  2- disconnect only right side U ribbon cable after test if no change put it back

B. disconnect 2 ribbon from left side after test if no change put it back

C- disconnect 2 ribbon from right side after test if no change put it back

do all points again with replacement T-con

Comment

Only 1/2 of the slats are visible here, half is hidden behind the body panel...

Comment

yes indeed...not only this from his last photo it show part of screen are off... like U ribbon... but i think he know now after many fail how to access

Name:	1715111145879.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	3268010
                                      Last edited by Diah; 05-09-2024, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
                                        Yes, luckily it's just a reflection! I took another pic.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

there are another way to know why the gamma dead and where the issue.... using the original T-CON and the replacement one we need to do it in points turn on and check the screen
                                          A- with Original T-con in place all 4 ribbon cable connect to panel
                                          1- disconnect only left side U ribbon cable after test if no change put it back
                                          2- disconnect only right side U ribbon cable after test if no change put it back

B. disconnect 2 ribbon from left side after test if no change put it back

C- disconnect 2 ribbon from right side after test if no change put it back

do all points again with replacement T-con
                                          (I wrote it above. It was just a reflection!)

Thank you for the detailed description. I will do this now but before I need to know something: what and where is the U ribbon cable??

Comment

Working...
                                          X