Sony kdl 65xg9505 green amber blinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update.

Used around 10x usb drives from different brands. 2gb, 4gb, 8gb, and so one til 128gb. all formats used. exfat, fat, fat32, ntfs.. non worked.. tried more than 100 times. pff

last week sent an email to sony the nederlands. and they also sent a link to the same .zip firmware which i told them not accessable by the tv and i need .pkg file in order for the tv to recognize and utilize it. So they did confirmed that it must be a .pkg and .zip is only for updating a working tv.

So they said we have elevated your case to the appropriate department and hopefully they will revert to us and as soon as they do it we will let you know and if they have a firmware for you then we will send that along..

So waiting and hoping they may send the .pkg firmware file.

Cheers

Comment

Good day..

i have received Mainboard, Tcon and inverterboard from a same broken tv..

Now with this new boards tv sound is working. responds to remote inputs, detects and plays hdmi and backlite also goes on but all i get is backlite on screen. no image.. now what...?

amber green light is gone. but now this new issue pfff.

Comment

disconnect tcon one side and power on
        do for both sides and see if you get display on screen..

Comment

I did. one by one.. no image.

Comment

Originally posted by zomi View Post
            disconnect tcon one side and power on
            do for both sides and see if you get display on screen..
            i did tested one by one but no image on either side

Comment

Do you have 12v on the tcon fuse ?

Comment

You did a hardware change, try the update now, use the small usb drive.

Comment

Yes. there is 12v on Tcon fuse. i can measure 1.1v. 1.8v around the tcon processors. wel hardware change but all boards are from the same tv.

But if it comes down to software update then i maybe back to page 1 for this thread since there is no .pkg available and .zip does not work.

So..

Comment

Well hard to tell, but I would be very surprised if an update attempt would mess anything up.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                      Well hard to tell, but I would be very surprised if an update attempt would mess anything up.
                      I would love to do it and let it mess it all. but sad enough when there is no image i can not perform an update. and while no image only a .PKG file is required which is nowhere to be found.

Comment

Are there any sony experts here that can verify that he needs a certain pkg file to update this tv? it's a new one on me.

Comment

Just had a look
                          On the google tvs the firmware looks to be in a dififerent format.

The andriod tvs used pkg files.

the google tvs have a payload bin file

Comment

Just had a look
                            On the google tvs the firmware looks to be in a dififerent format.

The andriod tvs used pkg files.

the google tvs have a payload bin file

Yes.. true.

Now. this tv has a firmware on sony site as .zip. when unzipped there is another .zip file. inside the last .zip file there are multiple files. payload.bin, inf, etc .

I have tried many many times. with .zip in usb root folder, Its just not picking it up. the tv does reads the usb but no firmware update is performed. unless there is a specific method to do it which is not mentioned on sony site..

Comment

you need to unpack the contents of the zip file to the root of the usb

Comment

you need to unpack the contents of the zip file to the root of the usb
                                i have done that already many times.. no succes

Comment

Did you have any success with this ?

Comment

Did you have any success with this ?
                                    No mate... No success. tv is still standing to the wall..

Comment

did sony come back to you with any news about the pkg. file

Comment

did sony come back to you with any news about the pkg. file
                                        I hoped they will but they sent a link to the same firmware on their website so i contacted again and they said take your tv set to our service center..

So. service center is 200km away from me means 4 hours of travel+ 50 euro on gasoline and they will be charging me 150 as a service charge even if its non repairable. with repair would be around 400 euro which i think too much.

They did not sent me any .pkg file. i did an extensive search asked on every single place even moron youtubers who would sell their videos but wont help when you ask.

Tv is standing to the wall in a corner and i hope some day will be fixed..

Are you having same issue..?

Comment

Yes i have one here with same issue
                                          it was updating and rebooted and went into this state..

Comment

Working...
                                          X