Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sony xbr65x900c sound yes, no backlight or image.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony xbr65x900c sound yes, no backlight or image.

if you by mistake touched next pin to 18... then need to do this

pin 17 = PANEL_PWER_ON it should read >3.0V okay.. if no change IC
    pin 19 = power on >3.0V okay

then while the tv out from wall check pin 18 of this IC if it read short with chassis... if yes then need to replace the IC

If BL_MUTE (R9174) is 0V and pin 18 read >3.0V and its not shorted with chassis... need to replace IC91017

Comment

ok, 17 and 19 have 3 volts, 18 has 0v, while testing when the music was on i would touch 18 and music would stop and go back to orange green blinking, tiny work, taped needle to probe.

Comment

tested 18 not shorted.

Comment

cn9000 not marked but i got 12 volts on the 7th 8th and 9th pin counting from left to right, those are all on the top, bottom pins will be hard to get at but i will if needed.

Comment

https://www.shopjimmy.com/sony-a-207...ftware-update/

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
              ok, 17 and 19 have 3 volts, 18 has 0v, while testing when the music was on i would touch 18 and music would stop and go back to orange green blinking, tiny work, taped needle to probe.
              common... each function pin of this IC should have test point arround the IC. so no need to do it direct on the pins. turn off the tv and test each pin you like to find its test point to avoide shorting later.

Comment

https://www.shopjimmy.com/sony-15st0...r-xbr-65x900c/

Comment

https://www.shopjimmy.com/sony-6871l...a-t-con-board/

Comment

this one says G1C looks to be the same as my G1B: https://www.shopjimmy.com/sony-1-474...-supply-board/

Comment

if pin 17 =>3.V mean the panel if its in place you should see image via tourch or if you turn on one line BL with yours tester.

Comment

those are better than i can take with this lighting situation, winter here, just about every day is cloudy dark and dreary, lol.
                        Last edited by nomoresonys; 02-19-2022, 09:19 AM.

Comment

this one says G1C looks to be the same as my G1B: https://www.shopjimmy.com/sony-1-474...-supply-board/
                          what are you talking about.... yours PCB okay... never touch it or messure any on it..LOL afraid your eyes will shorted it.. i asked about yours LED driver boards..

Comment

"If BL_MUTE (R9174) is 0V and pin 18 read >3.0V and its not shorted with chassis... need to replace IC91017" is this resistor R9174 near IC91017?

Comment

lol, ok, just threw that sub powerboard in there in case you wanted to see it.

Comment

"If BL_MUTE (R9174) is 0V and pin 18 read >3.0V and its not shorted with chassis... need to replace IC91017" is this resistor R9174 near IC91017?
                                yes down side IC little to the left... check the r if its Lor H as its mute BL

Comment

ld board is in post #187.

Comment

ld board is in post #187.
                                    okay understand let clear the supject of the IC9017 pin 18 first.

Comment

ok, i cant find R9174, theres lots of tiny things around IC91017, but my weaker eyes cant see it even with a magnifying glass.

Comment

ok, i cant find R9174, theres lots of tiny things around IC91017, but my weaker eyes cant see it even with a magnifying glass.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, think i got the right one, it read 562 in diode mode, it jumps around in ohm mode just like some other same looking ones I tried to measure on the board.

Comment

Working...
                                          X