Sony LED 65X9005A shuts down after few seconds - looking for help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tec3000 View Post

(I wrote it above. It was just a reflection!)

Thank you for the detailed description. I will do this now but before I need to know something: what and where is the U ribbon cable??

Click image for larger version

Name:	1715278041580.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	165.0 KB
ID:	3268035

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post

Views:	81
Size:	165.0 KB
ID:	3268035
      I was hoping you'd say that! Because I have just discovered something! One of the U ribbon cables is ripped. That's good news right? Likely the cause for my issue??
      Attached Files

Comment

yes it is.... but still could be there another issue,, caused by smell and smoke lol

Comment

Should I order the U ribbon cable right away or should I go ahead with the testing you described earlier?

Comment

That's good news right? Likely the cause for my issue??
            + Missing components.
            Attached Files

Comment

Should I order the U ribbon cable right away or should I go ahead with the testing you described earlier?
              first inspect as mentioned bu lotas.. then need the u ribbon
              Last edited by Diah; 05-09-2024, 03:24 PM.

Comment

U ribbon cable should with long and pins amount calculated

Views:	86
Size:	168.1 KB
ID:	3268065

Comment

U ribbon cable should with long and pins amount calculated

Views:	86
Size:	168.1 KB
ID:	3268065
                  Why such complexity, we just type the number 69.65T10.T01 into a search engine and see a bunch of offers.
                  Attached Files

Comment

remove this defect U ribbon.. and put yours original t_CON and the new 4 ribbon in place.... you should have 3/4 screen display clear image

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post

+ Missing components.
                      Not sure if something is missing? I have the TV in this room and there is also nothing that fell off...

I have attached two pics. Please take a look.

Attached Files

Comment

remove this defect U ribbon.. and put yours original t_CON and the new 4 ribbon in place.... you should have 3/4 screen display clear image
                        I removed the defect one and changed places with the working one. Unfortunately I don't have a clear image.

With MY t-con board I got only weird lines on the right. (Pic1)
                        With the t-con board from China it looks a tiny bit better Pic2.

It's baffling. So it's not just the U ribbon cable unfortunately Maybe it's the LVDS cable?

And before I ordered the t-con board and the 4 ribbon cables I DID plug and unplug the 4 ribbon cables WHILE the TV was running. That's why I'm in this mess now...
                        Attached Files

Comment

Not sure if something is missing? I have the TV in this room and there is also nothing that fell off...

I have attached two pics. Please take a look.
                          Well, isn't there something you can't see already? Take a magnifying glass and inspect all the planks for any broken components.
                          Attached Files

Comment

not good at all.... what you did man...
                            take out the screen.. be careful don't add more damage.. so we will have access to whole panel buffer boards to compare the other side with this damage and to know what kind of Cap installed.. and don't use your original t-con too

Comment

Guys, as always you are correct. Pieces fell off. Almost on all of the buffer boards. Not only that... FCK....
                              I am trying to capture it on camera now. It's a challenge but I'm almost done. Pictures will follow shortly.
                              Last edited by tec3000; 05-12-2024, 02:32 PM.

Comment

ok, I will do 4 posts with pics of each board. Worst board is 3. But first here pics of buffer board 1:
                                Attached Files

Comment

this is board 2:
                                  Attached Files

Comment

you are lucky boy you find the missing 2 parts hold them don't lost it but keep them separated as the photos name to know loxation
                                    Last edited by Diah; 05-12-2024, 02:59 PM.

Comment

the worst board. Board 3. Look at the vertical white stripes:
                                      Attached Files

Comment

and board 4:
                                        Attached Files

Comment

no its not worse,, the empty trace at COF ribbon cable are normal... only the parts you found keep them spectated as photos location to bring them back by soldering

Comment

Working...
                                          X