No announcement yet.

Sony LED 65X9005A shuts down after few seconds - looking for help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The t-con is 50 bucks elsewhere. I wanna find those cables first. Does it have to be the exact same ones for my Sony? It's just 4 cables, right?

Comment

measure them.. long / wide and how many pins,,, any brand same measurements will work

Comment

Originally posted by tec3000 View Post
        The t-con is 50 bucks elsewhere. I wanna find those cables first. Does it have to be the exact same ones for my Sony? It's just 4 cables, right?
        Try to bargain with the seller, maybe he will sell you cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
          measure them.. long / wide and how many pins,,, any brand same measurements will work
          Ok, in German they are called "Flachbandkabel", right?

Originally posted by lotas View Post

Try to bargain with the seller, maybe he will sell you cheaper.
          Thank you. Good idea. No harm in trying. Btw. I just had a closer look to the connectors. Nothing visible. I tried the magnifier but the cam gets even closer.

Attached Files

Comment

You need to inspect all 8 connectors, blow them out, go over them with a soft brush...

Comment

Ok, in German they are called "Flachbandkabel", right?
              yes T-Con PCB Flachbandkabel

i asked you to measure one of them,,, i have so many kind.. could be one or 2 passed

Comment

lotas ah ok, I will do that. Disconnect both ends. Hope the problem doesn't lie on the RAM sticks or whatever they are.

Comment

yes T-Con PCB Flachbandkabel

i asked you to measure one of them,,, i have so many kind.. could be one or 2 passed

It's 4.3 cm wide (actually the head is 4 cm) and 7.8 cm long. It got 80 pins on each side. I hope I can find the right ones...

Comment

It's 4.3 cm wide (actually the head is 4 cm) and 7.8 cm long. It got 80 pins on each side. I hope I can find the right ones...
                    change all 4 with 100mm long 80 pin from uncle china
                    from yours photos i think 80P-1 or 80P-3 will be fine but still you need to compare and measure to have the exact wide
                    Last edited by Diah; 04-24-2024, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Diah Thank you very much! Looks great! I will order them. Let's see if that fixes my problem. Otherwise I will have to buy a t-con board too. And maybe veb a LED driver board...

Comment

Diah Thank you very much! Looks great! I will order them. Let's see if that fixes my problem. Otherwise I will have to buy a t-con board too. And maybe veb a LED driver board...
                        t-con it may damaged... by shorting and gamma circuit went defect,,, but this you will know later.... LED driver boards i don't think it need now from photo judgment and the measurement we did early,,, but one critical issue you have 2 horizontal line which it caused by t-con or LVDS... so need to inspect LVDS as you are now expert to know why and how old flat cable easily the contact pins damaged

Comment

What if you just cut the end of the cable so that the pins will now make contact. Maybe?

Comment

t-con it may damaged... by shorting and gamma circuit went defect,,, but this you will know later.... LED driver boards i don't think it need now from photo judgment and the measurement we did early,,, but one critical issue you have 2 horizontal line which it caused by t-con or LVDS... so need to inspect LVDS as you are now expert to know why and how old flat cable easily the contact pins damaged
                            Ok, that's good. Today I will look for the same cables in Germany. If I can't find them here I'll order from China. It just takes ages...
                            Then I'll know if I need a new t-con board. Thank you for the continued support!

Comment

Originally posted by EazyBone View Post
                              What if you just cut the end of the cable so that the pins will now make contact. Maybe?
                              What exactly do you mean? Can you explain a bit? The pins already make contact.

Comment

Hi I think EazyBone means this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVK29NMNalA

Comment

Yea! That was kind of my idea. Maybe just cut off a mm or 2 to get all pins to contact since you broke the corner. Just the very first part of video anyway, wasn't sure if it'd work but nothing to lose if you buying a new one

Comment

Ah ok, I watched the video. Interesting. Mine still looks almost new but I'll still try that. I guess I got nothing to lose.
                                    Appreciated!

Comment

this method will work on LVDS only not with ribbon

Comment

this method will work on LVDS only not with ribbon
                                        I have ordered 4x ribbon cables AND a T-con board ! from China. It's been in transit for a few days now. My hope is this will also fix the thin horizontal green line... Fingers crossed.

In the meantime I would like to address the hard print that is now on the right bottom of the TV. You have an idea what caused it? I wanna disassemble everything one more time to take a look. Should I go ahead with it?
                                        Attached Files

Comment

its look some things you left behind between the sheets filter

Comment

Working...
                                          X