Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insignia NS-37D20SNA14 Backlight going out. Flickering! Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Insignia NS-37D20SNA14 Backlight going out. Flickering! Help!

What should i do next?

Comment

Whats next?

Comment

I this case, there is no short or anything like that in the PS / LED driver, so fix that what you know is broken (the caps). I'd be changing those 3 caps C523, 524 and 525 and see if that problem went away. Caps are cheap.

Comment

The caps are 47uf 100v High Temp Radial. Having 0 luck locally. Looks like I will be getting them shipped.

Comment

Caps are here. Replacing them now wish me luck!

Comment

Ok caps replaced still no screen. Any other directions? ill post my pictures of the work i did maybe i didnt do it right...Plz help!

Comment

Back to the X602 connector. There should be something like 30V to 70V there. Try to measure that again with both meter leads on those 2 pins. Then try the same thing again with the connector unplugged. What does the back light do when you turn on the tv? Does it come on for a brief period and turn off, or is it off all the time? Another idea is that the backlight cable is shorted out to the chassis.

btw... 36$ buys a new power supply / led driver board.
                Last edited by CapLeaker; 01-20-2015, 08:03 PM.

Comment

ok.... bought new power supply/ led driver board, installed it, still nothing....anybody have a solution?

Comment

What is the TV doing now? Does it turn on? Is there something on the LCD and sound, but no backlight? Is the backlight trying to come on, flickering or something? If you have a good board and you get something on the LCD itself and sound, then there is only 2 more things. Either a LED wiring harness problem or a LED has burnt out. But I asked you questions already on my last post, I didn't get any answer for.
                    Last edited by CapLeaker; 01-23-2015, 05:32 PM.

Comment

running test in the morning. Ill have answers around noon. Again thank you to everyone contributing the time to help.

Comment

Wondering what you found to be the problem. I have the same model doing the same thing.

Comment

maybe double check your solder joints on your new caps.

Comment

I have the same model tv and had the same problem. I replaced all of the caps on the led driver side of the power board and the tv now works well.

Thanks this thread helped me.

Comment

I have the same model tv and had the same problem. I replaced all of the caps on the led driver side of the power board and the tv now works well.

Thanks this thread helped me.
                              Did you replace every single capacitor?

I replaced only the 3 100v caps.(C524,C525,C523) in my grandfather's tv. It lasted 3 weeks before going right back to no leds, with sound playing.

It lasted a week just taking the tv apart, unplugging the led cable and putting it back together the first time(evil tv.)

Comment

Anyone have any clue to the actual issue that all these tv's seem to inevitably face?..(seems quite common sadly..) and "nomadder I'd have to wager against your fix lasting too terribly long sadly...(happy to be wrong though!)

Pretty obvious they are designed to fail.... overheating seems a "large" concern.

..grandfather wanted me to order a new power board. not worth his money imo.
                                Last edited by OgreX; 09-10-2015, 01:14 AM.

Comment

Capacitors are not equal... there are good ones and there are bad ones. We don't know what brand, what series and what temperature rating he put in. If he had replaced them with a generic capacitor that is only good for 85C, 3 weeks sounds about right!

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
                                    Capacitors are not equal... there are good ones and there are bad ones. We don't know what brand, what series and what temperature rating he put in. If he had replaced them with a generic capacitor that is only good for 85C, 3 weeks sounds about right!
                                    Kinda assuming that was aimed at me:
                                    "Nippon Chemi-Con Hi Temp 105°C
                                    47uF 100 volt 20% radial leaded electrolytic capacitors."

Were those a terrible choice?
                                    Idk, there's not much info on this tv on the net.. only people replacing caps/whole power supply with the problem still persisting that I can find... thoughts?

Comment

Maybe make your own tread, put in some hi res pictures of your boards, describe exactly what your TV is doing or not doing, provide measurements with pin out on the connector that goes from the PSU to the main board, service manual etc.

That will wake more interest in things. Since your TV isn't working anymore, we have to start again at square one.

Comment

Originally posted by OgreX View Post
                                        Anyone have any clue to the actual issue that all these tv's seem to inevitably face?..(seems quite common sadly..) and "nomadder I'd have to wager against your fix lasting too terribly long sadly...(happy to be wrong though!)

Pretty obvious they are designed to fail.... overheating seems a "large" concern.

..grandfather wanted me to order a new power board. not worth his money imo.
                                        Here is what I found with this TV. LED's have bad connections.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

have exact same tv - have apart like yours. can set be turned on without lcd screen attached ? so that the backlight leds come on by themselves ? Or are you applying 50 VDC to X602 to light LEDS ??? thanks
                                          Last edited by ajshoe; 01-27-2016, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X