Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio E701i-A3 no Picture

Hello everyone,

Need some help or assistance please on a Vizio E701i-A3. Working on one where the power comes on using either remote or side panel power button. When power on, the backlight comes on and stays on, just no picture. I suspect it's a bad T-con board model RUNTK5261TP-ZH. When I measured the F101 fuse, label (5A @32V), getting less than 1 V. I suspect it to be bad. So, I order one off of Ebay and put in in. No change, still getting the backlight on, no picture. But with the new tcon board in there. I am getting a 12.32V reading, but not the 32V. Is it supposed to be a full 32V for the picture to come on? Did I buy a bad Tcon board? Can anyone please advised. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Re: Vizio E701i-A3 no Picture

Originally posted by bjorkson View Post
    Hello everyone,

Need some help or assistance please on a Vizio E701i-A3. Working on one where the power comes on using either remote or side panel power button. When power on, the backlight comes on and stays on, just no picture. I suspect it's a bad T-con board model RUNTK5261TP-ZH. When I measured the F101 fuse, label (5A @32V), getting less than 1 V. I suspect it to be bad. So, I order one off of Ebay and put in in. No change, still getting the backlight on, no picture. But with the new tcon board in there. I am getting a 12.32V reading, but not the 32V. Is it supposed to be a full 32V for the picture to come on? Did I buy a bad Tcon board? Can anyone please advised. Thanks in advance.
    could use more details, I'd start with making sure all the voltages at the plugs are correct on the power supply board, careful HIGH VOLTAGE on ac side, could be a tcon, voltage at tcon can be checked.

Comment

service manuals http://elektrotanya.com/?q=showresul...oria=&kat2=all

Comment

OK, I will check it tonight when I get home and report the voltage readings.

Comment

I use the link provided and my TV model number is not coming up for the service manual

Comment

ouch, that's about the only site I know of, check one of tom66's posts, he has his manual links stuck to his posts.

Comment

12V at the SMD fuse of the T-CON is correct, the 32V is the fuse Voltage rating.
              Never stop learning
              Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
              http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Try disconnecting one of the panel ribbons, just connect one at a time, see if part of the picture comes back. Could be a defective LCD panel.
                Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Hi Tom, already try that, still getting the blank (black) screen with just the blacklight on. Wondering what else is causing this.

Comment

if you suspect a bad panel, the backlight will just flash and shut off?

Comment

Is there any test points on the Tcon board to measure each voltage drop, don't see it on this particular board.

Comment

One other thing I did not include in my original posting is my original T-con board RUNTK5261TP has a ZH prefix. I replaced it with a RUNTK5261TP ZG prefix. All the plugs seen to fix ok. The ZH is for a 70in panel, where your ZG is a 60in panel. Would this cause the picture not to come on? Or they compatiable?

Comment

That's absolutely the issue and I've experienced this myself. You need the ZH T-con. I'm not sure what the difference is on them but they are not interchangeable.

Comment

Great, that's really good news. I will try to get a orignal board replacement and see if that will fix it. Will report back when I get one order. Thanks Aaron.

Comment

No problem. I'm not sure why, but some places list these as interchangeable and they aren't. Please give us an update once you have the correct T-con.

Comment

When I brought the ZG Tcon board on EBAY, some guy listed for a 70in panel so I assummed that it was interchangeable. I guess this is not the case since I did more research and that ZG board belongs to a 60in panel. Well, at least I know that board is good. Geting a 12.32V reading where my original ZH board was getting less than 1 V.

I will definately get a replacement and see if that fixes it up. Will report back once I do.

Comment

Just because it has 12V doesn't necessarily mean it's good. Regardless, I'd return the board as it was not as described. The guy probably listed it for the 70" as that one sells for more.

Comment

Hey All,

I'm having this exact same problem. I bought a replacement T-Con board with the proper ZH suffix and put it in today...television worked again for about 2 hours straight then went black again. I'm stuck now as to know what the problem is...bad T-con board again? Something causing the T-con boards to fail? I had read somewhere else that bad caps can cause black screen but I saw no apparent failures on the power board? Another issue entirely that I'm missing? Thanks for any help/ideas on troubleshooting!

Comment

My Tcon board is still not in yet to test and confirmed my original problem. Maybe someone on this board can give their input on your problem. Thinking you might have a bad panel causing your tv to lose picture.

Comment

They sent me a bad tcon board and will shipped another one out here soon. Will see if that fixes the issue.

Comment

Working...
                                        X