This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Factory Resets Listing

Over time, I have created a listing of manufacturers and their factory reset/factory mode procedures that may help others. This list is from my own experience, and is by no means complete for any given manufacturer. Some have been found by searching the internet, some by trial and error. I hope some may find this information useful

**** WARNING!!!! ******

Some of these procedures may allow you to enter factory service modes. IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING, DO NOT MAKE CHANGES TO SETTINGS IN FACTORY MODES!! Improper settings may cause undesired operation, and could result in a situation where your TV cannot boot/turn on.

YOU ARE USING THESE PROCEDURES AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

Factory Resets / modes

For all listed procedures, start with TV on, in TV mode, unless otherwise instructed. After procedure is complete, unplug set and re-plug in to finish reset.

If more than one procedure is listed for a given manufacturer, try the different ones until you see which one works for your set.

Coby:****************************************-

Enter menu, hi-lite “audio” then enter 8893

mode/source 2580 select “other setting”,select “shipment” then yes, after it exits service menu you need to power set off.

Dynex ****************************************-

source/input 2580

hold vol down on tv and hold #1 button on remote, vol will jump to halfway and set shuts off. Turn back on have 1st time setup screen.

source/input 2580

menu 1999 (tv is on)

Element ****************************************

menu 0000

menu 1147

Haier ******************************************

pull up menu, hi-lite “audio” then enter 8893

Hisense *****************************************

In customer menu go to”Parental” enter 0000 then select”Clean All” then power the set off and back on and first time setup menu will be there.

For some models, same as above model except in menu it is labeled “Lock”

Insignia *****************************************-

input 2580 (tv is on)

Mitsubishi ****************************************

Menu 123 or menu 2470 (tv is on)

Panasonic

Hold vol- on TV, press and hold menu button on remote

Philips ******************************************

Push menu, select”Features”then select”current software info” push 062596-info on remote then push info again then red”initialize appears and changes color then complete. Push power button to exit

TV is on,push 062596-info on remote,then push info again, red”initialized”appears it turns green when completed, then push power button to exit

Polariod *****************************************-

Hold vol- and chan- or hold vol+ and chan+ (tv is on)

Proscan ******************************************

In customer menu go to setup,select parental control menu, enter 0000 then select “clear channel list”.

RCA *******************************************-

Menu 1147

Sanyo *******************************************

hold vol down on TV, press and hold #1 button on remote, vol will jump to halfway and set shuts off. Turn back on have 1st time setup screen.

Samsung *****************************************-

Mute 182 power (tv is off)
    (On some models, Factory Reset is on this menu, on some, you must go into the “Options” submenu

Seiki ********************************************-

Menu 0000

Sharp ********************************************
    (Note – On Sharp models, you will need to look through the menus to find the reset option)

menu 1999

menu, 3481

menu 1147

while holding vol– & input buttons on tv plug in set when “k” appears push vol– & chan-

Sony *********************************************

Hold “arrow up” on remote and push power button on tv (tv is on)

Symphony *****************************************-

Source/input 2580

Toshiba ******************************************-

on Menu, select “Installation”, then “System Information” press the right arrow button, (“System Information” will change to “Factory Reset” or something similar) follow on-screen instructions

Vision Quest ***************************************-
    Source/input 2580

Vizio ********************************************

In customer menu under “Help” tab is Factory Default enter 0000

Re: Factory Resets Listing

Great I think it should be a FAQ sticky
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Some of mine:

Vestel (most):
      Menu 4725 then select "RESET"

Samsung (European):
      Power off, Info - Menu - Mute - Power, then find factory reset and execute option.

LG/Zenith:
      Hold MENU on TV and MENU on remote for 5~10 seconds, then select reset option.

NEC:
      While powering on hold "MENU" or "INPUT" on TV, depending on model. (Only disables error lock out/buffer and puts TV in temporary service mode.)
      To reset to factory, on remote, Off Timer - Menu - Exit - Off Timer, then select reset option.

I vote for sticky!
      Last edited by tom66; 12-13-2012, 09:03 AM.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Great info, thank you all. STICKY

Comment

This should be STICKY. Great info.
          Last edited by budm; 12-28-2012, 10:40 PM.
          Never stop learning
          Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
          http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

From drpj23:https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...483#post296483 post 5

A little googling to the service mode
            Vizio Service Menu Method 1
            1. Turn The TV off.
            2. Press and hold the {CH +} & {CH -} buttons on the TV.
            3. Then press and release the {POWER} button on the TV.
            4. Release the {CH +} & {CH -} buttons.
            5. Now press the {MENU} button on the remote.
            6. You should get your regular menu up, but with a "F" in the bottom right corner of the menu (This is for factory).
            7. Press and hold the {MENU} button for few seconds.
            8. The Service Menu will be displayed.
            Vizio Service Menu Method 2
            1. Turn The TV off.
            2. Press and hold the {CH +} & {CH -} buttons on the TV.
            3. Then press and hold the {POWER} button on the TV.
            4. Keep all three buttons pressed for few seconds.
            5. Now press the {MENU} button on the remote.
            6. You should get your regular menu up, but with a "F" in the bottom right corner of the menu (This is for factory).
            7. Press and hold the {MENU} button for few seconds.
            8. The Service Menu will be displayed.
            Vizio Service Menu Method 3
            1. Press and hold the {EXIT} button on the remote for 3 seconds then release it.
            2. Then press the {1} {2} {3} buttons on the remote.
            3. To exit, press the {EXIT} button.
            ---------------------------------------------------------------
            GV42L FHDTV10A / JV50 / SV42 / SV320XVT / SV370XVT / SV420M / SV470M / SV420XVT1A / SV470XVT1A /
            VECO320L1A / VO22L / VO32 / VO37 / VO47L / VOJ320 / VOJ370 / VP322 / VP42 HDTV20A / VP422 / VS420LF1A /
            VU42 / VW32 / VW37 / VW42 / VX20 / VX32 / VX37 HDTV10A /VX42

Push "Menu" on remote and then push "Vol-" and "Input" on keypad

GV46 / P50HDM / P50HDTV10A

Press "Ch-" and "Ch+" buttons together once on keypad

GV42 / L42 / VP42HDTV10A / VP50 / VX37

Press and release "Menu" on keypad. Hold "Ch-" and "Ch+" buttons on keypad, then hold "Menu" on remote.

P42

Hold "Ch+" and "Ch-" along with "Power" on keypad. OSD will show "F" on right bottom portion of OSD.

VM60P

Press "Info" on remote, then press "Right Arrow," "Down Arrow," "Left Arrow," "Up Arrow," "Right Arrow."
            The TV will show "Enter Factory Mode." Press "Menu" after message disappears and go do to "Setup."

GV47

Press "Menu" then press the following combination: "Info," "8," "2," "0," "6."

SV420M / SV470M / VF550M / VF550XVT1A / VF551XVT / VL260M / VL320M / VL420M / VL470M / VO320E /
            VO320EP8 / VO370M / VO420E / VP504 / VP505

Press "Menu," and then press "2," "4," "8," "9."

SV420M / SV470M / VF550M / VF550XVT1A / VF551XVT / VL260M / VL320M / VL420M / VL470M / VO320E /
            VO320EP8 / VO370M / VO420E / VP504 / VP505

Press "Menu," and then press "2," "4," "8," "9."

VA19 / VA22LF / VA220E / VA26

Press "Menu" and then press the following combination: "0," "6," "2," "5," "9," "6"

VA320E / VA320M / VA370M / VT420M / VT470M

Press "Menu" and then press the following combination: "1," "9," "9," "1"

VW22 / VS370E

Press "Mute" once OR "-" twice (the dash next to the "0") and then press the following combination: "9," "8," "7," "6"
            Never stop learning
            Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
            http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Hi for everyone's info, can you tell us what a factory reset will do and what potential problems it will fix?

Comment

Just resets all configurations to as they were from the factory. Can fix some picture/sound/interface problems.
                Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

hello everyone

new in this forum

i would like to add PANASONIC lcd and plasma TV's service menu (factory reset is done via menu)

press and hold volume down (on tv panel)
                  while still holding vol- press i (info botton) on remote three times

service menu starts up - scrolling pages is done by color botton (green if not mistaking

*usefull for people who know what they are doing (not me at the moment)
                  -i found it usfull only for white wash for plasma TV's (just scroll throuh the menu untill you see the white wash apears

exit the menu by turning off the TV

Comment

You guys have some strange named sets in the Northern latitudes!

Here in South Africa - and I guess most of the Southern Hemisphere - we are reluctantly getting used to a myriad of Chinese sets with Anglic-sounding names like 'Ultravision' and Germanic ones like 'Bauer'.

Inside they are mostly Chinese generic boards and most respond to the following for factory mode:

Hold down volume minus (Volume down) on set and press 'recall' on remote.
                    'Recall' is the button that activates the channel number and clock onscreen.
                    After you have made your changes, in most cases, pressing 'power' on the remote will clear the factory mode.

On some models pressing the 'AV' button will revert things to normal operation.
                    In rare cases, the sequence first described above - (Vol - on set and recall on remote) will have to be repeated at least once more.

If none of the above methods works, try using a universal remote - best one that has a LOT of in-built models..!

Search through the available models looking for any that suddenly causes the set to change channels.

Lock this setting into the remote and press '2'.
                    Factory mode should appear.

BE WARNED that NONE of the remote's buttons will function normally!

Use the front panel buttons to scroll through available menus and make any changes. Power off set to revert to normal functioning.

Hope this is of help!

Colin Knight, Cape Town

Comment

Lamp Error Reset for Sharp LCD TV.

With power LED off (TV in fake standby or AC power plug removed) hold Vol- and SOURCE/INPUT.

Power on the TV. Do not release the buttons.

This may take up to 20 seconds.

Look for a letter "K" on the side of the screen when it powers up. If this appears, continue. If not, repeat the above procedure.

Press CH- and VOL- to access service menu. See if LAMP ERROR appears in listing. If so, then a reset procedure is necessary

Page through the menus looking for "L ERR RESET". Execute the option (highlight and press OK.)

Power off the TV (TV in fake standby or AC power plug removed)

Hold Vol- and SOURCE/INPUT.

Power on the TV. Do not release the buttons.

No "K" should appear.

Power off the TV.

The TV should now be fixed.
                      Last edited by tom66; 02-02-2013, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Hey Guys,

http://www.factory-reset.com - I've been collecting these and adding to this database for around 2 years now !

If anyone wants posting privileges then just give me a shout, had to turn them off due to an influx of spam a few months back !

James
                        Last edited by 3guk; 04-06-2013, 06:37 AM.
                        https://factory-reset.com - Factory Reset / Service Menu guides.

Comment

Thanks for Badcaps Members for posting information about Factory Reset code. But I have SAMTRON 56v monitor showing CONTROL LOCKED problem ,Also screen disply small size, I tested voltage , components was ok. can someone help me REset
                          code or method ? Thanks for help.

Comment

Guys!!! Is there any one who knows service mode for Changhong LCD TV
                            I tried this(mute on remote & menu on TVset)but not working..

I tried to adjust the gamma setting since the possible problem of this unit was T-Con.tnx.

Comment

Hisense TV.....
                              goto menu, sound, balance set to "0" then press 1969
                              be carefull....

Comment

reset code for lg pleasse
                                sir i had lg tv ra21fa26v with power on problem with long beeps please suggest solution

Comment

Originally posted by santoshpradhan View Post
                                  reset code for lg pleasse
                                  It is my understanding that it is impossible to enter the service menu from the stock remote on any LG TV!

But you really need to provide the model number.
                                  Last edited by notallbad; 05-24-2013, 06:25 PM.

Comment

I've successfully "emulated" the LG service remote codes using some stuff you can download online, it's not ideal but it will get you in there. Google it and you may find it, they basically upload .wav files which when played through an IR LED (from headphone jack of whatever is playing it) issue that command to the TV. As I said it's not ideal, lots of variables (LED, volume level and so on) some just hook an LED to the headphone jack, others build a simple circuit to drive the LED (more reliable), what I did was use an old working remote control with batteries fitted and attached the wav signal to the base of the transistor that drives the LED (s). It did the job, it's ugly, awkward, but I don't need it much.

Comment

I will ask on this thread as well if anyone knows any other Vestel codes other than Menu 4725, 7935 and 1325?

I have a feeling the options I need to change may not have a solution that can be done via remote control (recent chassis) most options in regular 4725 menu are read only. If there's no menu option I'm going to have to investigate attaching something to the GPIO to see if I can trace and find the info I want; this is a big learning curve but may be worth it.

Comment

This may be a dumb question, but I don't how how else to ask it so...

Is it imperative to have a factory remote to apply a factory reset? or...
                                        Is there a way to accomplish the same thing by opening the set and moving jumpers etc.?
                                        Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                        X