Sanyo DP42849 - No Power At All

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sanyo DP42849 - No Power At All

thats the transformer you need to test the resistance on as per post 376 i guess

Comment

You said you didn't know what the transformer was. The arrow points to it.
      ------------signature starts here------------

Comment

That's the inverter transformer, I wouldn't expect that to cause loss of main voltages.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Well, in any case, here's what I got:

1 & 2: 00.4
          3 & 4: 00.4
          5 & 6: 25.6
          9 & 10: 25.6

I have the same symptoms as the NorCal video, but I'm not getting any relay click when I press the power button. I don't know what would cause that, though.

I've tried Googling for general reasons as to why there would be no relay click, but I've haven't really come across much, other than a bad T-con.
          Last edited by NihonNoir; 03-17-2014, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Ok, your transformer isn't the problem then. I just wanted to rule that out. I have to think about this.

Edit:I had no power to the PWM on 2 with bad transformers Tom. Goes into shutdown I guess. I probably had power everywhere else though.
            Last edited by lookimback; 03-17-2014, 03:39 PM.

Comment

No man, I appreciate your help!

So have we found anything actually wrong with my power supply through all this testing? Could it in fact be a bad T-Con?

I'm just throwing stuff out - I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Comment

The power supply is not working, it appears, as it is receiving the power on command but the outputs are not going high (except for the standby output.)
                Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

No, I would say we are pretty sure that it isnt the T-Con. I am just assuming your main is good because you get the green light. Figuring that means that you are getting the turn on signal.

Comment

Okay thank you for explaining.

Comment

Here's a thread with several people with the same power supply. Has some information on the transformers.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=26686

Comment

I'm sorry I don't have more than a couple minutes here and there to try and help you. My work schedule has just been crazy lately.

Comment

Is there anything else I can test?

Comment

. . . well, it took me almost a month waiting for a new board to pop up on eBay for cheap, and I finally got one for $45. It came today.

. . . is there anything I should do or test or know before swapping the boards out? I don't want to end up ruining the new board for some reason.

Thanks.

Comment

You got lucky. I spotted that right after you bought it. I would have bought it myself if I'd seen it sooner. When I needed one I bought a whole TV which had a bad TCON for $65. The seller sent me all the internal parts from it and disposed of the rest. Sadly I wasn't able to get the screen.

Comment

Yeah man, I jumped on that the minute I saw it. It was listed wrong, so I got super lucky. I've been hawk-eyeing new listed items for at least a month now.

Comment

Well, the new board works. TV works great, on component connection at least. HDMI doesn't work.

. . . the TV runs a bit warm compared to my newer LED TV, which stays cold. Since the Sanyo is an older TV, is this normal?

Thanks!

Comment

It is normal for these TVs, as they have good cooling system, heat on the outside! LED TVs are so thin, all the heat gets trapped in the panel, which is leading to a lot of early failures.

Comment

Thanks, Tom. So, the actual panel is supposed to be (quite) warm on the Sanyo? I also notice the slightest bit of noise if I put my ear to the back of the TV when it's on, whereas my Toshiba is totally silent.

Shouldn't the front panel or the back plastic on the Toshiba be at least warm to the touch if there's heat in there?

Comment

The CCFL bulbs do produce more heat than LEDs in an LED TV. And the run across the panel, horizontally, about 1 inch apart, whereas LED TVs usually have one strip at the top & one at the bottom. Also, the driver ICs on modern LED TVs are at the bottom of the panel, instead of the top, and those parts get hot.

Comment

Well, I do notice a bit of heat coming from the top vents in the back of the Toshiba, and the panel is just the tiniest bit warm to the touch after being left on for an hour or so. I guess the backlight method really makes a difference, and of course the Sanyo is several years old. Bulbs seems to be in good shape though, bright and uniform.

I know Sanyo is generally viewed as crap, but it seems like a decent TV to me, and the speakers it has are pretty amazing for an LCD TV.

Thanks for explaining.

Comment

Working...
                                          X