Samsung UE55MU6120K Boot loop with backlight no video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung UE55MU6120K Boot loop with backlight no video

Cool, bet that was it, damn solder crack on that little bugger, didn't think it was anything major because it ran for 30 hours straight.

Comment

Yes, dc to dc converter, somehow I put it in wrong and came up with this, didn't think that seemed right, lol: https://www.aliexpress.com/i/3256803...apt=4itemAdapt

Comment

Post #98 and #102 was close, I bet when you had it going for 30 hours it wasn't exactly straight like when its on the wall, like just leaning on a bit of an angle and making that joint work.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
          Yes, dc to dc converter, somehow I put it in wrong and came up with this, didn't think that seemed right, lol: https://www.aliexpress.com/i/3256803...apt=4itemAdapt
          as I had already hypothesized a bad weld it was the attachment to the wall that didn't make it work anymore because it worked 30 hours without any problem without moving it, anyway let's see, at worst I change the motherboard, the important thing is not to have thrown away the TV due to an alleged defect in the display

Comment

Yes, I noticed you got it right in post #101.

Comment

I'm just now realizing that a stupid little solder crack is probably the same problem I had with a sony a while back.

Comment

After post #5 even I thought it might be the panel because thats a classic symptom of a panel issue, just goes to show, always keep an open mind when troubleshooting and be careful not to jump to conclusions, which we all do sometimes.

Comment

After reading the whole 7 page of the post, because I have the EXACT same problem, I did the masking and all and I haven't fixed yet.
                  BUT I did buy a motherboard from Ebay. And had the same reboot loop when both flex where in.
                  It seems that I have some testing to do on Monday when I get to my shop.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                    After post #5 even I thought it might be the panel because thats a classic symptom of a panel issue, just goes to show, always keep an open mind when troubleshooting and be careful not to jump to conclusions, which we all do sometimes.
                    we are all here to learn something and lend a hand to solve problems for this I update the situation at every step

Comment

Originally posted by hugmax View Post
                      After reading the whole 7 page of the post, because I have the EXACT same problem, I did the masking and all and I haven't fixed yet.
                      BUT I did buy a motherboard from Ebay. And had the same reboot loop when both flex where in.
                      It seems that I have some testing to do on Monday when I get to my shop.
                      As soon as you do some tests let us know

Comment

Originally posted by fanaticgames View Post
                        we are all here to learn something and lend a hand to solve problems for this I update the situation at every step
                        I for 1 certainly appreciate your efforts in that.

Comment

Hi Fanatic, as per Lotas post #113, try connect the screen, don't forget there is a serial connection between mb and screen due to the spi flash on it, so it's normal maybe a reboot, another test that can be made is try booting the tv, if it reboots many times freezing the spi flash, if tv works ok desoldering the spi, freezing it 5sec before reading it with programmer then let it come to ambient temp then rewrite it, solder back then try..
                          Last edited by Davi.p; 03-12-2023, 01:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
                            Hi Fanatic, as per Lotas post #113, try connect the screen, don't forget there is a serial connection between mb and screen due to the spi flash on it, so it's normal maybe a reboot, another test that can be made is try booting the tv, if it reboots many times freezing the spi flash, if tv works ok desoldering the spi, freezing it 5sec before reading it with programmer then let it come to ambient temp then rewrite it, solder back then try..
                            the tv works now both cold and hot, even tried to flex the motherboard

Comment

My update for my TV: I did the jumper T-RDY1 and T-RDY3 in #36 and I found that the short was on the left and I isolated the ckv (12-20).
                              but I got some lines on the screen, how many lines should I uncover?

I cut the jumper after I got image on the TV

I uploaded the video

https://imgur.com/6rGvALj

Comment

hugmax this is probably due to the fact that both the sides are broken..

Comment

hugmax this is probably due to the fact that both the sides are broken..
                                  If there were two sides broken, there would be no picture at all and the TV would always reboot.

Comment

I think no, the thin circuits within the glass some times belongs to a sufficient overload and so the tcon protection, sometimes the short belongs to an intermittent faulty line.. depends which mosfet in which circuit position is been hit by the spike..maybe the faulty line is due to an half broken fet connection and not a short..
                                    last but not least, i have a dvbt2 Panasonic with lines starting from both sides.. sometimes the image works with few lines, sometimes it starts scrambling lines in big part of screen.. depends on thermal state..

if someone don't wants to drive crazy, it's sad but these screens must be disposed of..
                                    Last edited by Davi.p; 03-13-2023, 03:17 PM.

Comment

I just went on try and error, uncover some lines on the flex.
                                      from 12-20 went down to 16-20 if I left any of these lines free the TV goes on reboot frenzy.
                                      but the best I got the TV is this.

Is this the best? Can I do something to get a better picture?
                                      br
                                      Attached Files

Comment

check diodes on the panel small boards, maybe try shorting clk lines to gnd one by one, if a new set of black lines appears step to the other clock, until no new lines appears, that clock line is probably connected to a bad diode to be removed.

Comment

check diodes on the panel small boards, maybe try shorting clk lines to gnd one by one, if a new set of black lines appears step to the other clock, until no new lines appears, that clock line is probably connected to a bad diode to be removed.
                                          Short the clock lines on the COF?

Because I couldnt find the clkv points on the cof.
                                          Attached Files
                                          Last edited by hugmax; 03-15-2023, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X