Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Toshiba Satellite - Locks up when plugged in

Originally posted by oxlahun View Post
    This step must be done very carefully, I drew a line with the tip of the screwdriver to weaken the metal foil and then I could break and lift. I used a common 30W soldering iron.
    Those metal pieces peel easily from the PCB when an edge is lifted with a sharp tool. There is no need to use an iron at this stage.
    Attached Files

Comment

feel like my dell n5010 picking up an new hobby, auto turn off in between fews seconds, in BIOS and windows. if cold start the notebook can stay on for until boot into windows desktop, just that then power off, not restart. Previous problem is overheating, problem solved. Is this something todo with the tantalums? right? i saw 2 SMD at the back of the processor, 220uf[03TW d] and 330uf[04VOS d]. 3 more SMD 330uf and one 220uf on the mainboard. Could i solve this auto turn off problem by replace all the SMD 330uf and 220uf with 330uf? also not very sure what type of the tantalums voltage. cpu/gpu temperature is between 60c-75c, but the notebook casing is lot higher, about 80c++.
      Last edited by zinksoft.net; 04-15-2014, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Dear friend, I live in Brazil, Belo Horizonte. I have some questions. My notebook Toshiba Satellite A305-S6825 Locks up when plugged in power adapter to charge. I would like to know if it uses NEC/TOKIN 0E907 (900uF/2.5V) like Toshiba Satellite A305-S6872. Second question: how much should I pay for you to repair it? Where do you live in Brazil? Regards, Julio

Comment

these questions on previous post is for ablacon64 to answer, because he lives in Brazil.

Comment

Thank you so much to the person who made the solution to this big problem.

I just replaced a Nec Tokin 0E128 from my customer's Toshiba Satellite M200

with 2 pcs. 330 e71(330uf 2.5v), and 4 pcs. NEa gJ8 (220uf 4v) which equivalent to 660uf+880uf = 1540uf, Works Perfect as of the moment.
            All the Capacitors was removed from scrub motherboard, for those who could not find a place to buy these just look around on any boards, doesn't have to be a motherboard, as this capacitors as so common. no one told me What NEa gJ8, I was curious about those, and there was like 8 of them on the old board i had, and I had to research for almost 2hours just to get the true value of the capacitor.

I hope it will last long. And I hope anyone having this problem will resolve it.

Thank you BadCaps!!!

I included a picture of them, I know the soldering is bad its because my board was too sticky and the iron could not melt totally, because i added too many flux and my DIY flux mixture was a lot of Rosin than alcohol.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello, I hope someone can help me. I have a Toshiba A200 that shows the same symptoms, works on battery (all 3 minutes of it) and freezes randomly when on AC during BIOS post, BIOS setup, Windows boot, etc.

The problem is: I can't find any Tokin OE128 or OE907 anywhere...

Model: Toshiba Satellite A200-1AO PSAE0E-02101UPT
              Board: ISKAE LA-3661P rev2.0

I've attached a photo I found on Google, as my camera doesn't even come close to this resolution or quality. Just ignore the red marking.

I removed everything and replaced cpu/ram but the problem persists. If I somehow manage to fix this board, I can finally retire my faithful 8 year old Acer Aspire 1680. Any suggestions as to what component might be causing the symptoms?
              Attached Files
              Last edited by johnye_pt; 04-21-2014, 04:35 PM.

Comment

It seems I can't edit my previous post, anyway here's an update: yesterday I ran on battery until the board powered off, then I plugged the AC, went to dinner and when I came back, turned it on and it worked until morning O_O

Tonight I repeated the process: let the battery run out, plug AC, leave it alone for around 30min, powered it on, and just finished installing Windows 7 without a single freeze!

OK, the problem is not solved, but at least it's usable until I find a more permanent solution. I'll take the opportunity to update the BIOS and try a few combinations of memory sticks, for some reason BIOS post (not Windows) doesn't recognize more than 3063MB, even with 2x2GB inserted. Must be some kind of incompatibility because chipset supports up to 4GB. Now where did I put those other 2GB sticks?

Comment

What do you get for an output on the screen when it freezes? and when the unit freeze does it restart after or what? you have to explain further.

but one customer came to me 2 years ago with this symptoms and I tried everything I had on mind (without having the knowledge about this fix procedure here) and somehow I did install WinXP successfully, and did some trick like start antivirus, or a game or something to make the CPU busy like that and it stays for a couple of hours but thats not a solution.

Comment

What do you get for an output on the screen when it freezes? and when the unit freeze does it restart after or what? you have to explain further.

but one customer came to me 2 years ago with this symptoms and I tried everything I had on mind (without having the knowledge about this fix procedure here) and somehow I did install WinXP successfully, and did some trick like start antivirus, or a game or something to make the CPU busy like that and it stays for a couple of hours but thats not a solution.

Comment

Originally posted by abo0badr View Post
                      Exactly that, a frozen image, it simply stops in time. Sometimes it even freezes during the memory test in the BIOS post, or inside the BIOS setup. It simply freezes, and I have to hold the power button for a few seconds for it to shutdown. I don't believe it has ever restarted. Sometimes it doesn't even get to the BIOS post screen, but holding the power button always shuts it down. It doesn't freeze when in battery, at least the 3 minutes it can hold...
                      Last edited by johnye_pt; 04-23-2014, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Hello all,

I have an acer 5735 that ac adaptor led lights and power on switch led lights on also but the laptop doesn't power on. There is a nec tokin. Has anybody encountered the same problem? Should I change it?
                        Last edited by lefos; 05-14-2014, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Please post the exact model. Is it 5735 or 5735G (dedicated graphics)? The dedicated graphics models have different faults from the integrated ones.
                          Originally posted by PeteS in CA
                          Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
                          A working TV? How boring!

Comment

please help me, i need Toshiba Satellite Pro L630/L635 schematic – BM10-6050A2338402-MB-A02.

Comment

Originally posted by HarryPK View Post
                              please help me, i need Toshiba Satellite Pro L630/L635 schematic – BM10-6050A2338402-MB-A02.
                              i have found it, at https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...8&d=1400894137

Comment

hi guys i just need to check if im loooking at the correct caps here. i dont see any voltage on this. can i use for oof this obad boys to bring back my m200?

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...4&l=5d9e24fc43

Comment

Originally posted by HarryPK View Post
                                    It is rev 1.0 but i need rev 6.1
                                    Please help me

Comment

solved a DELL N5010 notebook auto-turn off, screen freezes by replaced 2 unit SMD 330uf 10v. the 2 SMD behind the CPU. still monitoring this notebook for any problem...
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by zinksoft.net View Post
                                        solved a DELL N5010 notebook auto-turn off, screen freezes by replaced 2 unit SMD 330uf 10v. the 2 SMD behind the CPU. still monitoring this notebook for any problem...

What is the value of the 2 smd caps that you've removed, did you check?

Comment

Originally posted by jtamad44 View Post
                                          What is the value of the 2 smd caps that you've removed, did you check?
                                          one is 220uf, one is 330uf.voltage unknow so i put a 10v 330uf from ebay all i can found. only problem left behind is the DELL notebook common problem, overheating! solved it set Max CPU usage below 90% and a cooler pad. overheating

Comment

Working...
                                          X