• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp LC-60LE640U 1 long, 1 short blink

Hoping someone can tell me what the errors im getting mean
    Attached Files

Re: Sharp LC-60LE640U 1 long, 1 short blink

I was able to force the set on using sharps force on procedure for this model which is to unplug the set from ac simutanously press and hold ch down & vol up down and while holding buttons down, plug set into ac,

Comment

I did get it to turn on but only showed the screen I attached a pic of above.
      I will try that when I get home and update, Thank you!
      Last edited by sacosta80; 08-03-2016, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Looks like burned out led on the lower left.
        Same issue I had with a 60 sharp but on the lower right.

Comment

By looking at your screen, it has logged 6 lamp errors so I would suspect, (like Malachi said) defective led
          Attached Files
          Last edited by R_J; 08-03-2016, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Thanks guys, that's what I figured through my research the past few days. Only thing now is to weigh my options between fixing myself and taking it into a repair shop. Now, Im not an expert on electronics but I can complete projects when necessary. what do you guys think?

Comment

The thing about fixing is, trying to find the same led strip, which I wasn't able to.
              Also it is very easy to break the lcd screen getting off or putting back on. If you even look at to hard it might crack. I've cracked 2, lol, and the bigger they are the flimsier they are.

One sharp 52" had the screen that came off with the metal bezel around it all in one piece, so it was safer and easier to remove.

Comment

I have same issue. I cant source the individual LEDs. I'd rather not replace the strip if I dont have too. Anyone have individual LED part number or a link?

Comment

Originally posted by fixitelectronix View Post
                  I have same issue. I cant source the individual LEDs. I'd rather not replace the strip if I dont have too. Anyone have individual LED part number or a link?
                  Not the best idea to replace individual leds, because by the time one is ready to go others are usually right behind it, strip it down first, then decide if you want to do it again in a day a week a month?

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                    Not the best idea to replace individual leds, because by the time one is ready to go others are usually right behind it, strip it down first, then decide if you want to do it again in a day a week a month?
                    Agreed, and I usually dont. In this case, the LEDs weren't the issue. I have a shopjimmy backlight tester and narrowed it down to the strip. Turned out that the connector had broken solder joints. Couldn't get the connector to go back on so I removed and soldered the wires directly to the strip. Now the LED strip gets power from the backlight tester and will allow me to light up the strip without issue. Put everything back together and the power board is only putting out 64v per connection...total of 4 connections(2 strips powered by 2 negative wires and 2 positive wires each). Dont have a schematic to know if these values are correct or not. With the tester, I can power up the TV and apply voltage to one of the strips and the backlights light up the panel enough for me to navigate. I can navigate with no issue as long as the tester is connected. I feel like the power board is either underpowering the strips or the main board isnt giving the go ahead to allow full power. Anyone have any ideas? Appreciate the help.
                    Last edited by fixitelectronix; 12-24-2018, 10:15 PM.

Comment

U may have soldered the strips together incorrectly. sharp designs there strips to work differently than most led sets. Leds are probably 6 volts also. use your tester and see what voltages fire up each lead.

Comment

Originally posted by ajshoe View Post
                        U may have soldered the strips together incorrectly. sharp designs there strips to work differently than most led sets. Leds are probably 6 volts also. use your tester and see what voltages fire up each lead.
                        I traced the leads, checked and double checked my work prior to putting everything back together. Like I said, I can power each section of the strips from the cable that plugs into the power board using the LED tester and everything works flawlessly when I do that but I cant find a schematic that would show me the voltage coming from that section of the board. Its tests as 64.6v per section. I'm not throwing any codes since repair but I still cant get the TVs backlights to work without powering them with the tester.

And yes they are 6 volt LEDs.
                        Last edited by fixitelectronix; 12-25-2018, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Did you clear the counters?

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post
                            Did you clear the counters?
                            To the best of my knowledge. I cleared the lamp code in the K menu. TV is turning on, still no backlight. No more codes. I can manually power on one of the strips and get a partial picture. Just cant get the power board to kick on the LEDs strips by itself. I was hoping someone had the schematic to tell me what was suppose to be coming out of the power board into each strip.

Comment

I think you have to clear the counters... post a picture again like you did in the first post.

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post
                                I think you have to clear the counters... post a picture again like you did in the first post.
                                I cant get the best shots to show but on the first menu it says lamp reset....I turn it on and unplug the unit and let it sit for a bit and turn back on and nothing. Is there a save changes option I'm missing. Could have swore i read something that said unplugging it saves the changes.

Comment

Sorry for reviving this old thread. I have this exact blink sequence, and powering on with Chan_down+Vol_up does in fact force the set to come online. I can't seem to find the maintenance menu/screen that shows me the lamp failure count, etc. Any pointers?

Comment

Also to note, it appears that the left hand 6-12" is much dimmer.

Comment

Working...
                                    X