No announcement yet.

Sharp LC-52E77U no pic. Or sound found dead cockroach under power board HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp LC-52E77U no pic. Or sound found dead cockroach under power board HELP

Hi everybody ...
    I have sharp lcd tv with no picture or sound at all no backlighting ..
    After plugging in i hear click sound and green one light then two lights then one light then two an so ...
    After opening i found big ass dead cockroach under power board looks like it may be damaged :/ please check the pic. Also i tried unplugging lvds cable no change at all still light go on ...
    Any advise would be appreciated
    Thx!!!

Also cabl box looks damaged too can this be the problem ?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mr.mroz88; 03-05-2014, 08:02 PM.

Re: Sharp LC-52E77U no pic. Or sound found dead cockroach under power board HELP

Cable box
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: Sharp LC-52E77U no pic. Or sound found dead cockroach under power board HELP

Power board
      Attached Files

Comment

Have you tried it since removing the roaches? the pic of your "cable box" looks like you snapped off the rg6 connection taking it apart? Could it perhaps be the main board of your tv? The area of discoloration on the power board appears to be the high voltage caps on the primary side, and yes a short in this area will cause major malfunctions. However the rest of it appears unharmed, you will need a multimeter to test further. Since you found "a" roach chances are there are more in the set, you will want to disassemble and clean the whole thing. Be very very very careful with the ribbon cables, one slip and your tv will be visiting the landfill.
        Last edited by Caleb; 03-05-2014, 08:30 PM.
        Liberating magic smoke one part at a time

Comment

Yes i tried and still the same thing green lights and cliking noise :/
          Also the board with broken plug is Called video board so idk do u think it can be the problem ?

I have multimeter so i can check that ...
          The discolored spot on the power board is right under two transistors ..
          Thx
          Attached Files

Comment

Light is always green, never red?
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Sorry I didnt notice the area thats fried is actually mosfets or diodes. You can test the mosfets for shorts with your MM in ohms mode there should be a minimum of several kohms between all the legs. Service manual can be found HERE Put up pictures of top and bottom of power board from shopjimmyand main board You should also test the connectors where voltages are labeled and see if those voltages are present or not.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Caleb; 03-06-2014, 10:19 AM.

Comment

According to the service manual on page 62 the two blinks followed by one blink is an indicator of 10v detection error.

Comment

Ok thx i will test those mosfets and pins
                  I will come back with results .
                  And yes NO red light just green

Comment

Originally posted by Caleb View Post
                    According to the service manual on page 62 the two blinks followed by one blink is an indicator of 10v detection error.
                    I thought the original poster said one blink followed by two.

Comment

Yes he did...according to the sm 1 blink is lamp error and only lamp error (no additional blinks), since it is alternating between 1 and 2 which is power error (2 blinks) and 10v error 1 additional blink I was gambling the initial blink is the relay from the main engaging after which it kicks to 2..1..2..1 its totally possible Im wrong, and as I dont have the set in front of me to tinker with we wont know until we get voltage readings from the connectors. Also I suppose its possible it giving 1 blink lamp error then 2 blinks power error followed by the 1 blink 10v error, but seeing as how there was a roach under the power board Im betting on 10v error....sorry for my long winded digression hopefully we havent totally confused the OP.

Comment

Hi, so just ordered new mosfet ..
                        One is toasted from the roach :/
                        I will let u know after installation thx

Comment

Hi, need another advice guys !
                          After changing fried mosfets no change so i replace whole power board .
                          Two blinks are gone , but i still getting one blink right after plugging in !!
                          I tried factory setting with vol- and input and tv just turn on for a sec an then back to blinking green light continuously :/
                          Also the is a red diode blinking on main board !
                          Also find this see pic please
                          Attached Files

Comment

That would seem to imply that you do have an inverter failure or possibly bad CFLs. Budm has several threads on testing inverters using a cfl lightbulb if you want to search for those threads. That way you could isolate it to the inverter or bulbs.

Comment

Well, is it possible to check that even when tv does not turn on ?
                              I mean i have pic. Only after trying to get in service setting ..

Comment

Do you have good clear pictures of the inverter board and the whole back side of the TV?
                                Never stop learning
                                Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

thx for reply , dont have pic now but right now iam pretty sure its a lamp ...

If the green power light keeps flashing on and off every second and tv will not power on unplug the tv for 5 minutes, then try this. Keep holding the VOL+ and CH- buttons down while you plug the tv cord back into the wall ac outlet till you get sound and picture for a second or two. You should be able to turn the tv on and off with the power button now. Next turn the power button off and unplug the tv for a few seconds and then plug it back in and turn the power button back on. Watch the screen and see if the sound and picture comes on, best to check in a dark room to see better, if sound stays on and picture comes on a few seconds and back off you have a bad CCFL backlight lamp in the LCD panel.

i just try that step by step and exactly whats happening to my tv so i will check those lamps and we will see ...

Comment

Ooops iam back !!

So we open the tv so we can check the lamps .
                                    3 lamps were OFF !! So we " move"turn" them little bit and they got ON RIGHT AWAY ! Tv was working LIKE NEW !! But after 10 min those lamps hot off again and we SMELL SOMETHING WAS BURNING ! Those pins got burn from inside please check pictures !
                                    I never did lamps before guys please i need help with this one
                                    Thx
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Burned
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Like 4 of them
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X