Sony XR-77A80J OLED 5 Blink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony XR-77A80J OLED 5 Blink

Another eazybone post took on this OLED now.

Symptoms. Hit power, white light shows briefly and then 5 blink red code. TCON issue per chart on first picture.

I'm thinking I have a power board issue though, which is one of the options

Now to check pin voltages from PSU to main and PSU to tcon

Pic 2

1 tcon on 12 -- 0v (when I hit power this goes to 3.1 stays for short time and back to zero)
    2 bl err -- 0.16
    3 evdd on --0
    4. Ac off det 3.187
    5 power on -- 3.362 BUT fluctuating randomly to 3.352
    6 stby 3.485
    7-13 gnd -- 0
    14-20 12.72

PSU to tcon. Pic 3
    1-3 0v
    4-6 0v
    7-18 0v
    19-30 0v

Seems I get no voltages to tcon board. In picture 3 I also circled some resistors I would think would get some sort of voltages but they get zero. Even after hitting power and tcon on to main board supplies 3.1v

The main caps are at 380v all of them. The caps closer to the tcon connection never gets anything. As if they never turn on, even a residual voltage. Just zero always. Both PSU fuses are good.

Am i going in the right direction here? Shouldn't I get some sort of voltages from PSU to tcon even if TV isn't turned on yet right?

I have disconnected PSU to tcon to see if any voltages appear and they do not. Even after hitting power.

Another note, the mosfets towards the top (cold side) read 12.7v like the 12v line, the mosfets at bottom have zero (haven't check after hit power).

Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Files

Re: Sony XR-77A80J OLED 5 Blink

Oh as a note diah, lol cause I'm sure you'll call me on it. I have taken the power board out and inspected both sides lol, I haven't noticed anything burnt or out of place yet.

Comment

Edit see next
      Last edited by EazyBone; 10-25-2023, 10:30 AM.

Comment

So I been thread searching. I was able to jumper evdd on, tcon on, power on to standby with main board disconnected. In doing so the power rail for tcon reads 12v as it should and the evdd reads 21v both steady. I did this without the tcon plugged into PSU. Then I plugged in tcon. TCON then gets 12v/21v at fuses and evdd area. I did this with OUT panel connected cause I didn't know if this could damage panel.

Anyone can tell me if this would be okay to connect lvds cables and jumper all those things to test panel? If so what would happen if panel/tcon is good?.

Guess I can rule out the power board.

When I hit power (with everything connected normal) I assume the main board should send a signal to power board to turn on EVDD at 3v or something and it doesn't, it sents 3v to tcon on, 3v to power on and that's it.

Could I even connect everything properly then jump the evdd on 3v to startup the tv? So many questions

Any input would help lol, where's my Sony people at?

This guy jumpered a similar tv at same points and got a reaction and then his tv suicided. So I'm scared lol

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ight=Sony+oled
        Last edited by EazyBone; 10-25-2023, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Hi, first a disclaiming.. i never had put my hands on a n oled tv, so take things with doubt... my guess is that the other user had made a bad test.. driving an oled panel is something delicate, it is not lightweight in amps, the panel needs the tcon fully functional so feeding it by the PSB only is not enough, part of the supply is made by main board, so before jumpering the three commands on PSab you must solder a thick wire from PSB 12v to tcon mb 12v input, then test **absolutely** first with no panel connected, if the tcon gives the correct supply lines to panel (24v, 17v, -6v, all approx.) then you can try with panel.

Comment

Thx davi for input, I most definitely didn't want to try with something like that possible. The other poster said basically after that he had a bad panel lol and his error went away not something I want to do.

I feel like the PSU is just missing the evdd, which the main board should supply in order to turn this on. Hopefully more input can come. The main board alone is like $170 which is a crazy price, tcon like 80. So I'd like to be sure before getting something, I'll keep researching

Comment

I see you are not comprising the necessary stuff, the oled panel needs the tcon fully driven by both psb and main, what the other user have not understood, if not damages surely happens, there is a power supply sequence to respect, this is the why psb has many enabling signals, main b. is the first to be supplied and the first to supply the tcon, when tcon is correctly initialized, it calls for the stronger supply rails from psb to feed directly panel and to process them with dc dc conv., also power to panel have different rails that comes in different times.. i know you are a new bie and you'll not believe me, so you'll end buying boards with no reason or giving up.. give me listening, these tv needs much knowledge.. no reason to smash on a wall with these high tech things.. first fight with smaller beasts..

24v is a stand alone ps stage, it is not enabled because mb detects an error in tcon/panel..
              Last edited by Davi.p; 10-25-2023, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Be cautious with that oled, don't want to rush it and risk screwing it up, it should have a pretty fine picture when it's working correctly.

Comment

I'm just voicing my things lol, I ain't buying nothing yet. Just recording my thoughts and throwing my opinions. Im just looking at my options. I'm trying to find a way in order to test the panel which I can't quite yet. The OLED service thing says it's most likely tcon, then it can be main/PSU/panel. Just trying to see what troubleshooting I can do to narrow it down. I have ruled out the PSU, 3 left.

Next thing I got is, if I remove the bottom tcon cable the tv "turns on" by having the white light come on and stays on. This is as far now I am. The upper cable supplies some small voltages to the board. And here I am.
                  The tv response to remote and blinks when I hit volume etc but it's not connected to Internet and hear no skund
                  Gonna make some dinner but will be back for more lol I'm trying to understand your bring 12v to input thing and will write some follow questions.

Yea lol I'm trying to go very slow Sony lol. It says tcon error most likely , I would love it to just be that.

But question though. If lvds cables are disconnected and still get 5 blink, one would assume it's before that point right? These sonys fugg with my thinking
                  Last edited by EazyBone; 10-25-2023, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Wait, i forget i noticed one thing, you mentioned 21v, but correct one is 24v usually, in first post you omitted some pin names on measurements , correct those.. why you say often lol??

Comment

Lol why not? Uh they actually came up 21.7v they didn't hit 24v. Even the caps tested the same voltage.

Edit, also I have found sound now when the bottom main to tcon cable is disconnected
                      Last edited by EazyBone; 10-25-2023, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EazyBone View Post
                        Oh as a note diah, lol cause I'm sure you'll call me on it. I have taken the power board out and inspected both sides lol, I haven't noticed anything burnt or out of place yet.

we have sony OLED threat over here , i do wrote allot about trouble shooting LOL

So I been thread searching. I was able to jumper evdd on, tcon on, power on to standby with main board disconnected. In doing so the power rail for tcon reads 12v as it should and the evdd reads 21v both steady. I did this without the tcon plugged into PSU. Then I plugged in tcon. TCON then gets 12v/21v at fuses and evdd area. I did this with OUT panel connected cause I didn't know if this could damage panel.
                        do the same you did above... LVDS shold be disconnected.... and the the panel should be in place..... see if your screen come clear color or with some green shadow.... show please photo of the result.

Comment

of course the test above only PSU and T-CON and Panel module only connected,, no MB or LVDS

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                            of course the test above only PSU and T-CON and Panel module only connected,, no MB or LVDS
                            So the cables from tcon to panel are okay? But no cables from motherboard to tcon correct? Once you confirm, I will test. The tv is face down so I will pull it out a little bit and get a partial picture of screen if it works. But first confirm this is correct

Comment

So the cables from tcon to panel are okay? But no cables from motherboard to tcon correct? Once you confirm, I will test. The tv is face down so I will pull it out a little bit and get a partial picture of screen if it works. But first confirm this is correct
                              Main boards disconnected from power boards....... LVDS between T-CON driver boards to Main boards... disconnect them from T-CON side, The panel should be connected with all ribbon to T-CON

Comment

you aren't learning anything.. the thread you found might teach you something..

Comment

Main boards disconnected from power boards....... LVDS between T-CON driver boards to Main boards... disconnect them from T-CON side, The panel should be connected with all ribbon to T-CON
                                  Thank you, will post picture shortly

Comment

This is what it shows. Shows like some green/red changes off to the right side. Then some of the screen shows white lines intermittent. The whole screen doesn't light up green or white. Picture is only of the right side (left if facing it).
                                    Attached Files

Comment

keep it for long time... during its on with your finger Gently click on the white lines... and on dark side--- try to curve the panel from left & right side... so its better for you... let the tv standing on legs... screw thebT-CON to chassis and put back the heatsink and do it.. for long time.... any change at result report it..

Comment

keep it for long time... during its on with your finger Gently click on the white lines... and on dark side--- try to curve the panel from left & right side... so its better for you... let the tv standing on legs... screw thebT-CON to chassis and put back the heatsink and do it.. for long time.... any change at result report it..
                                        Okay will do. And to confirm the evdd coming from PSU is 21.7 v not 24v as Davi said.

Report back soon

Comment

Working...
                                        X