X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WGM2792 Arcade Monitor Resistor Burn Off On Neck Board *Need Help*

Originally posted by stj View Post
    shop around if you go the "part-exchange" route - prices vary a lot
    Yes sir. I wish I had more time to mess with it, but I have too many projects going on right now. My work area is a nightmare lol. Now my wife's car is acting up, it never ends grrrr. I appreciate your help so much. I am sure we could have got it given more time. I am also sure I will need you help again sometime. If I can ever help you with anything I surely will. I build Bartop Arcades for a living, I would post my site, but I don't want to come off like I am spamming the boards. If you want it I will shoot you a pm though

Comment

shop around if you go the "part-exchange" route - prices vary a lot
      I just installed new chassis. Tube still does not glow or light? I guess I have a bad tube?

Comment

or bad replacement boards not all sellers are genuine.

Comment

I realize this. But this guy sounded on the up and up. He offers repair. He was even nice enough to ship me a "working" chassis with the agreement I would ship my bad one back to him. His chassis has a LED light wired in on external wires too, and it does light the led, just not the display/tube. I am guessing its about time to pull it and trash it?

Edit: Also, I have the Naomi dip switch set to 1up 2-4 down. So it should be in 15khz mode. Unit works fine on external VGA when set @ 31khz
          Last edited by proaudiosoft; 09-08-2016, 12:03 PM.

Comment

slow down
            check the voltage on the heater pins on the back of the neck socket.
            that's ground and the pin leading to R215

if the voltage is there, the tube is bad or pins need cleaning, if not then the chassis is bad.

Comment

slow down
              check the voltage on the heater pins on the back of the neck socket.
              that's ground and the pin leading to R215

if the voltage is there, the tube is bad or pins need cleaning, if not then the chassis is bad.
              can i do this with the neck board off the tube (@r215)? Aprox how high of voltage should I be looking for?

When I pull the neck board off and turn the machine on I hear arcing at the flyback suction cup

I read about 4vac on r215
              Last edited by proaudiosoft; 09-08-2016, 12:34 PM.

Comment

never power up a chassis without the tube connected - specially the ground strap from the tube body to the neckboard.

you dont want 30,000v with nowhere to go!!

the voltage your expecting / hoping for is 8v dc.
                DONT try to meter it from the connector P203 because one slip with your meter onto the G1 pin and you will need a new meter and probably new underwear!!

Comment

never power up a chassis without the tube connected - specially the ground strap from the tube body to the neckboard.

you dont want 30,000v with nowhere to go!!

the voltage your expecting / hoping for is 8v dc.
                  DONT try to meter it from the connector P203 because one slip with your meter onto the G1 pin and you will need a new meter and probably new underwear!!
                  lol i hear that. I had 8vdc off my other board @ p203 (i did check it there carefully). So I am guessing this is a bunk tube. One resistor on this new board burned me, super hot! Oddly enough it is a different on that was falling off the original neckboard. I am guessing this tube probably has an internal short. Probably no sense in damaging two chassis

Comment

as a last test, clean the neck pins with a fiberglass pencil or something.

Comment

as a last test, clean the neck pins with a fiberglass pencil or something.
                      I did, its a bad tube. I threw that sucker in the can. I am glad I trashed that piece of junk. On a good note, I fitted a 32inch Samsung Led monitor in its place. I got a great deal on it, $180. Check out Pics! It will be a great machine when I am done with it. I took all the Naomi stuff out of it. This machine will be ready to sell in a couple days
                      Attached Files

Comment

what dimm unit did it have?
                        and how much do you sell them for btw?

Comment

what dimm unit did it have?
                          and how much do you sell them for btw?
                          I have the Dimm with the SCSI connection for GD-ROM (yeah, wish i had the Netdimm module), I have the GD-ROM, SCSI cable, Naomi Main unit, Power Supply, IO board, Sports Jam and key. Harness to connect all etc... I left the audio amp inside. why not, its already connected to speakers and has volume pot. Every thing had light use, it belonged to a church. Machine will sell for about $1500-$2000 with over 10,000 games on it. Adding 4 more buttons per player, changing graphics above, adding a nice bezel I will cut out. and either paint the void (on led bezel), or add graphics above and below monitor. I will have probably about $350 in it when its all said and done. I am sure I will get a couple hundred off the Naomi stuff easy. I have several other machines I am working on here as well. At the moment Silver Strike 2009. Getting ready to change out a bad Mainboard on it. The thing basically has a computer in it, along with extra boards and components of course. I might end up throwing Golden Tee and a switch on it as well
                          Last edited by proaudiosoft; 09-10-2016, 12:08 AM.

Comment

i know mame cabs, i was a minor dev and rom supplier for a while.

Comment

i know mame cabs, i was a minor dev and rom supplier for a while.
                              Interesting. I build bartop units mainly. goto bartop-arcade.com and check out some of my units
                              Last edited by proaudiosoft; 09-10-2016, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by proaudiosoft View Post
                                I did, its a bad tube. I threw that sucker in the can. I am glad I trashed that piece of junk. On a good note, I fitted a 32inch Samsung Led monitor in its place. I got a great deal on it, $180. Check out Pics! It will be a great machine when I am done with it. I took all the Naomi stuff out of it. This machine will be ready to sell in a couple days
                                Nice, just make sure to turn down the backlights level to as low as possible to extend the life of the LED backlights.
                                Never stop learning
                                Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
                                  Nice, just make sure to turn down the backlights level to as low as possible to extend the life of the LED backlights.
                                  Will do

Comment

Working...
                                  X