Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDL-60W600B won't open just Red Blinks 6 times

Hello,
    I have Sony KDL-60W600B 2 years old TV, last night every thing was ok & i closed via remort, On morning when i try to open TV via remort, it won't open & just flashing 6 red blinking, no audio, no video, even after turn on tv it won't let turn off via remort or tv power button but only the way is to un-plug power, i google it & try to find way to fix it from past 72 hours but no success, i use hard reset to factory re-set tv, but no success, i saw around google some one said its T-Con fault so i tired & if i take T-Con board cable un-plug & try to open tv than tv open with green light which is stable & than i can use remort to close tv as well, so i have no idea whether i have issue with T-Con board or Main Board or Power Board, here expert ppls help will be highly appreciated on this issue, since i almost gave up as from past 72 hours no success, i hope some one will help me to sort out where i have issue so i fix my tv, since i am noob but know little bit about fixing things,
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Ali101; 07-26-2017, 12:22 AM.

Re: KDL-60W600B won't open just Red Blinks 6 times

Have you checked the fuse F102 marked 32V, 5A on the Tcon is not open circuit?
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Look for these components on the PSU PS6800 (fuse to ground) and Q6814. The fuse may be open and the transistor shorting.

Comment

Re: SONY KDL-60W600B won't open just Red Blinks 6 times

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
        Have you checked the fuse F102 marked 32V, 5A on the Tcon is not open circuit?
        Hi,
        Thank for reply, can you please help me to tell i need to check fuse F102 with multi meter right? and i not understand this (5A on the Tcon is not open circuit?) also i upload T-Con pics where i mark with red fuse F102, please confirm whether this is the one which you advising, appreciated your help,
        Thanks.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew F. Ali View Post
          Look for these components on the PSU PS6800 (fuse to ground) and Q6814. The fuse may be open and the transistor shorting.
          Thank for reply Andrew, sorry but i can't find PS 6800 & Q6814 on PSU, can you point out to me where is it located in below PSU pics, also please help me how i check with multi meter, i.e set multi meter on which range, and do i need to plug in power & turn on tv than check? since after tv turn on it keep blinking red flash 6 times,
          Appreciated your help,
          Thanks.

Edit: added Tv back picture also,
          Thanks
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Ali101; 07-27-2017, 06:32 AM. Reason: added tv back picture

Comment

Originally posted by Ali101 View Post
            Hi,
            Thank for reply, can you please help me to tell i need to check fuse F102 with multi meter right? and i not understand this (5A on the Tcon is not open circuit?) also i upload T-Con pics where i mark with red fuse F102, please confirm whether this is the one which you advising, appreciated your help,
            Thanks.
            F102 in yellow box
            Use your meter set to ohms and place probes on each side and measure resistance which should be 0 ohms or a few ohms at the most due to the resistance of your meter leads. Test with power off.
            Attached Files
            Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
              F102 in yellow box
              Use your meter set to ohms and place probes on each side and measure resistance which should be 0 ohms or a few ohms at the most due to the resistance of your meter leads. Test with power off.
              Thanks for help dick_barton, as per your instruction i test it fuse F102 on said location with multi meter set on ohms & result is below,
              with rang of 200 = 0.06
              with rang of 2000 = 001
              with rang of 20k, 200k & 2000k = 0.00

waiting for your reply & support,
              Thanks.

Comment

Fuse is OK, given those results.
                Try checking each side for 12V supply, when the board is installed in the TV and the TV is turned on.
                (It might go to 12V then turn off after the error code occurs.)
                Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Hello Tom and thank you very much for help and support, much respect, do i need to check again on above fuse f102 each side 12V while tv turn on,
                  Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali101 View Post
                    Hello Tom and thank you very much for help and support, much respect, do i need to check again on above fuse f102 each side 12V while tv turn on,
                    Thanks.
                    Yes, turn TV on, watch the reading, does it go to 12V.

Use the "20V" DC range of your meter, or the closest similar one, must be higher than 12V.

If your multimeter is an auto-ranging one (given what you've said above I don't think it is, but good to be sure), make sure you lock the range as it won't range-up quick enough to capture a quick pulse. So you'd lock it at 20V or 40V or whatever its closest range is.
                    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Ok thanks tom, will check and get back with results,
                      Appreciated your help,
                      Thanks.

Comment

Hello again Tom, i use to test with power turn on tv and fuse f102 have 12.38 V out put for one to two seconds while turn on tv after 2 seconds it goes to 0.00 V, i set my multi meter on 20 DC range, since i start tv, it start with white light and in one second it turn to red with keep blinking 6 times, any suggestions will be appreciated,
                        Thanks.
                        Last edited by Ali101; 07-28-2017, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Sounds like the TV is detecting a fault with the T-con or other part and shutting down but given you have 12V at the t-con there is no short or fault with that part of the power supply.
                          I would look for a service manual to check what a 6 blink code means.

Comment

Thanks Tom, as per service manual, it says 6 red blinking means either its (Primary) Most likely defective part. (POWER SUPPLY or LCD PANEL) and (Secondary) Possible defective part (MAIN BOARD or TCON or LVDS FFC) attached file is service manual with screen image of above predictions,
                            appreciated your help,
                            Thanks.
                            Attached Files

Comment

6 red flashes- backlight issue, bad main board, or power board or inverter boards- check standby volts on power board. "backlight on" volts should be 3-5v from main logic board then 24v to inverter

Comment

Check the voltages going to the backlight of the panel, I suspect along the connectors CN6801 and CN6802 on thep ower board.

Comment

@vinceroger69 thanks for headup, appreciated your help bro, @Tom can you advise how i can check on PSU CN6801 & CN6802, i mean multi meter should be on 20 DC rang right? & out come volts should be 3-5V right? does tv should turn on while checking CN6801 & CN6802? can you point out me where i place multi meter probes,
                                  looking forward to your reply,
                                  Thanks.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                                    6 red flashes- backlight issue, bad main board, or power board or inverter boards- check standby volts on power board. "backlight on" volts should be 3-5v from main logic board then 24v to inverter
                                    Maybe forget this above as just realised your set is a led tv this this 6 blink code maybe for the older ccfl type tv im sure tom will confirm as it mentions inverter

Comment

Higher voltage needed. Could be up to 200V - careful, high voltage.
                                      Also will need to see the labels near thjose connectors.

The most likely fault is an open circuit LED in the LED strip.

If this is the case the output voltage will go high then shut down, and one of the cathode pins will measure a higher voltage than normal.

Comment

Dear Tom, i check PSU CN6801 & CN6802 with Multi meter set 200 DC Range & below is results,
                                        CN6801:
                                        Pin 1=90 V, after turn tv on it drop slowly 89...88..87......3.2.1
                                        Pin 2=90 V, after turn tv on it drop slowly 89...88..87......3.2.1
                                        Pin 3=90 V, after turn tv on it drop slowly 89...88..87......3.2.1
                                        Pin 4=90 V, after turn tv on it drop slowly 89...88..87......3.2.1

CN6802:
                                        Pin 1=13.5 V, after turn tv on it drop slowly 12...11..10......3.2.1
                                        Pin 2=13.7 V, after turn tv on it drop slowly 12...11..10......3.2.1
                                        Pin 3=13.6 V, after turn tv on it drop slowly 12...11..10......3.2.1
                                        Pin 4=13.6 V, after turn tv on it drop slowly 12...11..10......3.2.1
                                        Pin 5=0.00 V,

your furthur advise will be highly appreciated,
                                        Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                        X