Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony KDL-65W850A Dead

Originally posted by Diah View Post
    1- the red Line you need to separate the solder between the pad and the middle chassis pad
    2- the blue area with shave plate clean it and add solder to it on both side, after you fit the 7x3 LED at its place just heat the solders from both side, i suggest you to use soldering iron head thin one such 0.5mm or less, then you are fine.
    Hi I'm not quite understanding what you're saying, probably due to translation.. Can you tell me what you're trying to explain again?

Comment

These are so much bigger LOL. I got the one on the end to work, not sure about ones in the middle though..
      Attached Files

Comment

BTW I had trouble removing the LEDs without damage to the board, and using a hot air station I melted the lens slightly on this one, what temps are you using?

Comment

Here's the problem, the pad on the bottom of the LED would overlap the + pad..

I found some 6mmx3mm from China, it should help a little, but it will probably be another week or so.. I hope I remember how to put this TV back together!
          Attached Files

Comment

Well I finally got the correct LEDs and replaced the bad ones. They now all light up with the tester. But still same problem, TV flashes backlight LEDs for a split second then goes out, flashing continuous green/orange on the front LED. (a code I cannot find a descritption for)

Now I'm wondering if it is a main board problem, considering the original one was bad. Is it possible this main board is bad, or an eeprom issue??

Comment

if you measure each LED string, what voltages do you get?

Comment

i suspect your replacement MB. check it again same serial compare all No and letters.. its may belong to different size.

Comment

Each string is right around 70V. When one was out, it would be around 65-66V.

Comment

Can anyone identify the NAND Flash or EEPROM that I can try swapping from the old board? Both boards have A1957649A on sticker.
                    Attached Files

Comment

IC 1100 29F8G08ABACA is NAND Flash

It flashed from green to amber over and over again.

what about error of panel_id ?

WBR
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by anmol; 07-08-2016, 03:02 AM.

Comment

Yea I just saw that in the SM
                        Error of panel ID:
                        Green Blinking
                        Orange
                        Blinking
                        Blinking:0.5sec On / 0.5sec
                        Off
                        So main board may be from different panel? Will swap of IC1100 fix this?

Comment

Originally posted by kevinm34232 View Post
                          Yea I just saw that in the SM
                          Error of panel ID:
                          Green Blinking
                          Orange
                          Blinking
                          Blinking:0.5sec On / 0.5sec
                          Off
                          So main board may be from different panel? Will swap of IC1100 fix this?

first try in service menu if there is panel id change option.
                          if you can not enter service menu, then try to update software with pen drive,

Regards.

Comment

I don't think it will work, it clicks off in 1/2 a second then will not turn back on til unplugged. I am not sure I can find the software either.

Will switching that IC work if not?

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                              i suspect your replacement MB..... its may belong to different size.
                              I don't think it will work, it clicks off in 1/2 a second then will not turn back on til unplugged. I am not sure I can find the software either.

Will switching that IC work if not?
                              you cant put the TV in stand by mode?

if it refuse to go stand by then you are not able to edit service menu.

best way to try changed the IC. give try, but at end you need also to rewrite the firmware

Comment

I can get it in standby mode, but once I hit power it it flashes and goes to the flashing green/orange. What's the procedure for getting to the service menu?

Comment

I can get it in standby mode, but once I hit power it it flashes and goes to the flashing green/orange. What's the procedure for getting to the service menu?
                                  from stand by mode -

service mode... Press “i+ (info)”, “5”, “Volume +” then power on

first try to inter from stand by mode Self Diagnosis Display -Press “i+ (info)”, “5”, “Volume-” then “power on

Comment

look at page 245 service manual.
                                    Regards.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

By standby condition, they mean just plugged in to power but TV off correct?

Comment

yes

Comment

Unfortunately the panel is all taken apart, I want to make sure what's wrong before reassembling... Would swapping that IC resolve a panel ID error? Is there also an eeprom IC that could be the problem?

Comment

Working...
                                          X