e701i-a3 no picture but backlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: e701i-a3 no picture but backlights

Apparently asking questions is against one of the forum moderators idea of how this forum should be run. My mobile ip was "banned by an administrator" so I connected on my wifi so I can see the responses to what I thought was a very valid question. I want to try and splice the bad ribbon with a part of a good ribbon, I have been successful in splicing these types of ribbon cables before, so I figured it might be worth a shot. Anyways, thanks for the rude welcome.

Comment

Does anyone know if this fix applies to the Sharp Q+ panels? I have a lc-70uq17u that has the same symptoms, but I don't see a bonded chip on the ribbon cables. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Well, I can confirm that the Sharp LC-70UQ17U can be "repaired" in the same manner. After removing the metal covers on the right hand side of the panel, I was able to look at the driver chips bonded to the ribbon cables. The top chip was fried and had actually melted into the plastic underneath it. I pulled the cables from the panel (after testing the t-con board) and the result was a beautiful clear picture with no more distortion. Thanks to all those who shared their knowledge on this forum.

Comment

X
          Last edited by videonuttv; 06-15-2016, 11:59 AM. Reason: Double post

Comment

i got a sony KDL-60EX645 NO PICTURE JUST SOUND. back light powers on but no picture. i replace t-con and no luck i replace main boar neither luck....since i been reading this postings... i check the transistor on the t-con and in continuity it beeps on both legs, and in diode mode reads low on one leg and the other is shorted......i replace t con and still no picture.....check the same transistor and on continuity it just beeps on one leg not the other leg and on diode mode it gives low resistance and the other leg is zero resistance................. i got 12.5v on fuse on t-con...the tabs are cold when tv is on you can heard the tv working....this tv has drivers but they are with out a board like the 70inch....this tabs are bonded, but with out a board on the back.... i check them for any burns or any thing and they seem ok in the integrated ic tab...

Comment

Ok guys, there are no side tabs or driver boards on the 60 Inch version of this TV. That is the e601i-a3e. Apparently only the 70 Inch TV has those. That is why there is confusion.

Comment

Will any other MOSFET work? Having trouble finding the 45V 2 amp. Would a 60V 1.7 amp work?
                I have a sharp T-con and the transistor in question is dead shorted. Thanks!
                Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Sageman98 View Post
                  Ok guys, there are no side tabs or driver boards on the 60 Inch version of this TV. That is the e601i-a3e. Apparently only the 70 Inch TV has those. That is why there is confusion.
                  Someone in another thread has claimed to fix his by doing something similar but his post isn't exactly clear, at least not to me.

I will try to find it...

Comment

Originally posted by mmartell View Post
                    Someone in another thread has claimed to fix his by doing something similar but his post isn't exactly clear, at least not to me.

I will try to find it...
                    Were you able to find the post?

Comment

Thanks to the help from budwich, tom66 and especially freakaftr8 I have been able to repair 3 sets of the E701i-A3 variety. However my fourth one is resisting repair. This particular set has all the usual symptoms except that the COXA mosfet on the original t-con was not shorted and the voltage readings are correct. I tried a replacement t-con and then removing the white connectors to the tab- driver boards on alternate sides but get no signs of life from the panel except for the backlight fluctuations. Anybody have a similar experience. Thanks for any help.

Comment

Originally posted by Seventy2 View Post
                        Were you able to find the post?
                        Check page 12, #232-234

Comment

Originally posted by edmeizter View Post
                          Thanks to the help from budwich, tom66 and especially freakaftr8 I have been able to repair 3 sets of the E701i-A3 variety. However my fourth one is resisting repair. This particular set has all the usual symptoms except that the COXA mosfet on the original t-con was not shorted and the voltage readings are correct. I tried a replacement t-con and then removing the white connectors to the tab- driver boards on alternate sides but get no signs of life from the panel except for the backlight fluctuations. Anybody have a similar experience. Thanks for any help.
                          ?? "backlight fluctuations".... the same response with either corner cable disconnected? what happens with one corner cable disconnect and one tcon cable disconnected (same side of the panel)? if the back lights are not stable, I think you have other issues on this set not related to the "panel issue".

Comment

Budwich, thanks for your prompt response. What I meant by backlight fluctuations was the brightness changes that occur on the almost dark screen whenever the TV is responding to a channel, volume, menu, etc. key press. The usual symptom. I'll repeat the troubleshooting because now I don't remember if I left the tcon ribbon unplugged while I disconnected the small white ribbon cable. Thanks again.

Comment

Thanks everyone on the thread. I has this Vizio e701i-a3 with no video.

With the provide instruction on this thread, I determine that the MOSFET is burn, I lucky found it on amazon $12 for 10 of them.
                              Replace the MOSFET and test the left and right driver cable, I found the right side is bad. Peeling the right side driver off brought my tv back to live.

The problem i had is that i manage to destroy both the left and right driver ribbon cable, I can't seem to find it online. I had another broken sony AIO computer and there is a LCD cable that much wider, I count the number of connection need and cut out and it work. Thanks for information provide by freakaftr8 and other.

Comment

Hey guys,

Big thanks to everyone on this thread! I did the transistor swap on a new t con board and found that the right side tab drivers were the cause of the blown transistors. Removed the right side from the panel and now have video but now I have these vertical lines spaced evenly throughout the screen. I desoldered the known good transistor from the one t con board and installed in the other one I had but have the same issue. I cleaned the ribbon connector cables from the bottom of the t con board with alcohol and reseated them many times, no change.

Any idea what could be causing this issue? The monitor worked well at my customers' location until the side tab drivers blew the transistor, so not sure if it could be the panel or I simply have a two defective t con boards.

thanks in advance!
                                Attached Files

Comment

I think you might have a (two) bad tcon.... if I recall there have been posts of similar results. Also make sure you have checked the tcon to main board cable.... and make sure you have your glasses on when doing the checks of the cable connections... :-)

Comment

Thanks Bud, ordered another t con and glasses lol...let you know how it turns out!

Comment

I am going blind from reading all of the posts and I guess my only question is when removing the driver tab's from the panel do you remove all on the bad side?

Comment

yep... but make sure it IS the bad side and make sure you remove them as cleanly as possible. Check the area to ensure there is no "remains" of the tab bond on the contacts therein as it might cause an issue.

Comment

Thanks for the quick answer. I just ordered a brand new tcon and will test it prior to putting it in. I will have to read the steps again to make sure I find the correct side.

Comment

Working...
                                          X