Samsung LN46C630 Thin Vertical Lines on entire screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung LN46C630 Thin Vertical Lines on entire screen

Samsung LN46C630 has Thin Vertical Lines on entire screen.

Checked connections looked ok

anyone seen this before?

Attached photos of problem

Thank You for your Time

Happy New Year!!
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung LN46C630 Thin Vertical Lines on entire screen

Looks like a bad main board to me. Try to heat up the main processor on it with a hair dryer to see if it improves.

Comment

No Change

Comment

Pictures of the boards ? Have u tried gently pressing on the processor with the end of a insulated screwdriver could be a bad panel though ?

Comment

Attached Board Photos
          Attached Files

Comment

Pressing and tapping on main board did make a change Lines, some times they disappeared and came back, they are not there now, but if I tap again its back

Comment

Proberly a bad bga like the 46 samsung that I had

Comment

Is there away to repair this?

Thank You for your help

Comment

Did you try heating other areas of the main board ? Perhaps the processor is not the problem.

Comment

it might not be the bga but i remember i bought a tv off this guy with picture problems once i opened it up he glued 2 pence pieces onto the heat pads to apply more pressure when the cover went back on
                    Attached Files

Comment

My LN46C630k1FXZA Version: AA02 has the same problems, sometimes when I unplug the HDMI cable and plug it back in, it will fix the lines for a little while. I have been looking on the net for Main Boards and found that it takes a BN94-02701J, but you cant find those anywhere. It looks like they make a substitute board BN94-04564A. I was just wondering if these lines are the main board, or a different board.

Comment

By accessing the service menu you can activate separate main board and T-con board test patterns. Put the TV in standby, then on the remote press in succession Mute, 1, 8, 2 followed by Power. When the TV powers on the service menu should appear.
                        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

After reading about REFLOW I decided to give it a try

Placed spacers under board to keep it off the pan

Placed pan and board into oven

Checked to make sure the board was level

Turned the oven and heated it up to 300°F, once at 300°F stay at that Temp for 1 minute

Then up to 350°F, once at 350°F stay at that Temp for 1 minute

Then up to 390°F, once at 390°F stay at that Temp for 1 minute

Then up to 450°F, Once at 450°F, stay at that Temp for 5 minute

Then Turned off Oven,

I Did NOT MOVE UNTIL IT COOLED DOWN

Put back into TV now it's working Fine now( For how long , who knows)

Comment

It did not deform the plastic parts on the board at 450?
                            Please let us know too how this TV works out for how long.
                            Never stop learning
                            Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                            http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Originally posted by twilliard View Post
                              After reading about REFLOW I decided to give it a try

Placed spacers under board to keep it off the pan

Placed pan and board into oven

Checked to make sure the board was level

Turned the oven and heated it up to 300°F, once at 300°F stay at that Temp for 1 minute

Then up to 350°F, once at 350°F stay at that Temp for 1 minute

Then up to 390°F, once at 390°F stay at that Temp for 1 minute

Then up to 450°F, Once at 450°F, stay at that Temp for 5 minute

Then Turned off Oven,

I Did NOT MOVE UNTIL IT COOLED DOWN

Put back into TV now it's working Fine now( For how long , who knows)
                              Note: I Covered all plastic components with aluminum foil

TV Been on for Hrs. Still OK

Comment

No deformity of the plastic parts

Note: I Covered all plastic components with aluminum foil.

The board did change in color slightly from the heat.

Comment

You should of posted pics of your reflow procedure

Glad it worked

Comment

Ouch! I have same exact problem. I will try to upload a pic or maybe make a video soon.

I already disconnected a cable between PS and Main, then turned TV and I saw a backlight which was steady (no flickering). Then I connected that cable, but disconnected a cable between Main and T-Con. Same thing - backlight was steady.

I will now connect that cable back and will turn TV on and I want to load test picture. then I'm going to make photos and possibly a video.

Comment

Here are some pics showing the the problem with my LN46C630.

When I turn on TV everything is OK for a several minutes. Then after it warms up first I see some flickering then I see vertical lines.

Also when a test picture turns off you can see that "no signal" message doesn't properly moves on the screen. There is a lag.

2 pics show how everything looks like BEFORE my TV warms up and another 2 pics show the problem AFTER it warms up.

I also made a small video and will start uploading it to YouTube right away.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

That looks like tab bonding issue.
                                        What happen if you try flexing the panel?
                                        Last edited by budm; 02-06-2015, 10:45 PM.
                                        Never stop learning
                                        Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                        http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Working...
                                        X