No announcement yet.

Sharp LC-52E77U no pic. Or sound found dead cockroach under power board HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sharp LC-52E77U no pic. Or sound found dead cockroach under power board HELP

Poor connection to the laps most likely created this. It's like a bottle neck in current. The weakest point will melt.
    Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Re: Sharp LC-52E77U no pic. Or sound found dead cockroach under power board HELP

Nothing looks burned on the board
      Attached Files

Comment

You may have to either search for the lamp holders or carefully solder a bridge with a wire from point to point now.

Comment

Originally posted by freakaftr8 View Post
          Poor connection to the laps most likely created this. It's like a bottle neck in current. The weakest point will melt.
          Ok, well what should i do with that

Comment

Oooh , alright so if i change those metal holders that will actually help?

Comment

Why iam asking because if i get luck and buy those somewhere will this happen again ?

Comment

if you desolder the holders you may be able to reverse the contacts so the burned side is away from the tube.

BUT the contact on the tube will also be burned.
                so you need to sand the burned contacts to clean metal - fit the lamps - then solder the joints really.

btw, i'v never seen these before - only tubes soldered to long boards!

to answer your question - it will happen again because the tube contact is burned and the design is bad.

Comment

Ok, u saying "solder the joints really " do u mean joints between the holder and tube ?
                  Sorry about this stupid questions but thats the way i learn
                  Thank you

Comment

I mean there is nothing to solder , those metal holders are in i plastic "bracket " and the lamps just slide there , also the side where the lams are is not burned , only the pins that goes to the actual board .

Comment

foto of the end of some lamps would help.

normally when a contact burns, both of the parts conected burn.

Comment

Kinda redneck but you can always try soldering to the end of the lamp. Wear safety glasses.

Comment

Ccfl
                          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

U can actually see that the holdet is not burn where the lamp slide in , its burn from the another side ... :/

Comment

no, the clips are burned a bit too.
                                  the other side could mean it's a 2part clip and the burn is where they are spot welded together.

Comment

looking closer i see the problem.
                                    atleast i think i do.

the pin on the bottom of the clip that goes through the pcb is too thin to handle the current.
                                    that probably means the tubes are on the way out & drawing more current than intended.

all i can think of is soldering thick copper wire to each clip where the pin used to be.
                                    use lead free solder - you'l probably need that higher melting point!

long term, a friend of mine replaced the tubes in a few backlit tv's using strips of leds that come on 5m reels from china - it works petty well.

Comment

Thank you so much for your time that help me a lot ...
                                      Idea with diodes sound nice but i dont think i can do that :/
                                      Anyway i will check it out today thx

Comment

This is how the "holders " actually look
                                        Attached Files

Comment

OK, looking at your pictures, you have poor contact problem between the blade of the lamp socket, the C-clamp part of the socket that makes contact with the lamp is OK, it is the blade which shows black carbon marking is having problem making contact with black socket on the inverter board. You need to inspect those black sockets on the inverter board for contact corrosion/black carbon/burnt contacts. You need to clean the contacts real well.
                                          Is this the inverter board you have?
                                          http://www.shopjimmy.com/media/catal...tka529wjn1.jpg
                                          Attached Files
                                          Last edited by budm; 05-13-2014, 05:01 PM.
                                          Never stop learning
                                          Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                          http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Working...
                                          X