philips 47pfl6158k/12 image faded away, sound still coming from TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

philips 47pfl6158k/12 image faded away, sound still coming from TV

Hi, my TV image started showing those lines and the image faded away, but sound is still coming from it, what could be the cause and is it fixable? I thought it could be the tcon board but I red on the internet that it could be a failing panel

Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Bild 2024-04-22 um 21.04.21_00336065.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	3258095

try first with firmware upgrade_loader ,use USB stick fat 32 MBR mode... very important MBR mode

Comment

I cant tell if it does anything, the LED on my USB stick is certanly not blinking, just at the beginning when the tv turns on, it is correctyl formated to fat32 in MBR mode, but the stripes on the tv do get wider over time, I really hope its just the tcon board and not the panel itself :/

Comment

Originally posted by Kartowl View Post
        I cant tell if it does anything, the LED on my USB stick is certanly not blinking, just at the beginning when the tv turns on, it is correctyl formated to fat32 in MBR mode, but the stripes on the tv do get wider over time, I really hope its just the tcon board and not the panel itself :/
        read here how to downgrade upgrade android Philips
        Last edited by Diah; 04-24-2024, 08:24 AM.

Comment

I had two Philips today. One had similar symptoms to yours. I recovered the picture by blocking pins 3 to 14 on the left hand ribbon with a piece of Sellotape 7mm wide.
          The second one had lines appearing across the picture and the same method cured that one too.

Comment

hey, thanks for the suggestions, I got a new Tcon board and now the TV works fine, but I have a annoying audio delay...

Comment

I'm not sure your problem was tcon, that series has common problems at the processor solder joints, try to heat a bit the cpu and see if more problems comes..

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                try first with firmware upgrade_loader ,use USB stick fat 32 MBR mode... very important MBR mode
                Additional information: Standard this tv is not an Android, that upgrade_loader only works when there is an upgraded mainboard inside. The original mainboard has a white ceramic cooling block, the upgaded verion has a metal cooling block

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by William1967 View Post

Additional information: Standard this tv is not an Android, that upgrade_loader only works when there is an upgraded mainboard inside. The original mainboard has a white ceramic cooling block, the upgaded verion has a metal cooling block
                  yes this true... but all home normal user never upgrade the MB

Comment

Working...
                  X