VIZIO M320SR inverted logo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VIZIO M320SR inverted logo?

So I just picked up a VIZIO M320SR.....when you first plug in unit...the bezel logo then blinks for about 1 minute.....then stops. Then when I push the power button the tv comes on and the VIZIO logo appears but its upside down.

The set is unresponsive after that. If you leave it alone...it will repeat the process on its own.

HACK

Re: VIZIO M320SR inverted logo?

Comment

Hmmmm this is quite interesting. Well we do know the backlight works and the tv can produce an image (although yes upside down, it can still produce a uniform image). This to me sounds like a software related issue. I don't know if this could be the case but this tv may have a boot up registry which could be corrupt and the upside down logo is like an exception error. (I really have not a clue but maybe bouncing ideas will help someone else make a better understanding)

But shoot, take the back off and see if there are any noticeable signs of failure.

Comment

Actually, check to see if this still has a warranty before opening. Vizio will honor a 1 year warranty on their equip usually. If there is no manufacture date, then it is in the serial number, you will have to talk to vizio support to figure it out.

But I really want to know what the cause of this is though :P

Comment

I bought this used..out of warranty..thinking it just a cap issue. I took off back and checked all caps with my capanalyzer 88a...all look ok....swapped out one that was a maybe...but same result. I have searched the web for a few days...not even one "inverted vizio logo" ....some had a logo freeze...said eprom issue....some had inverted picture blamed tcon....but can't find a clue on this.

hack

Comment

my guess would be a corrupt software update or either the eprom has somehow gotten corrupted. probally a cntrl board issue. just a guess never seen it before

Comment

Anyone have a "how to" on resetting the eeprom for this set?

HACK

Comment

I seen something similar to that on coppells tv repair blog site,they showed changing the chip out of old card into new one,something to the effect of same card having different chips

Comment

Well you can try holding the power button down for 30-45 secs and see if that does anything. But otherwise I would take a pic of the main and check voltage regulators (the best you can). EEPROM chips for this set would be difficult to get but as another post had said, you could try resoldering it.

Comment

I'm amazed at that TV. It seems to be a high end Vizio. Thats just felt weird saying that. There really isnt any good vizio's. It's like a high end failure too.

I just seen a mainboard on ebay for $124, that is if the problem is there. I wouldnt spend that much on fixing it. Christmas sales are right around the corner.
                    The strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals,the weak-minded BECOME HATERS

Comment

I picked it up broken in hopes of repair and resell....at this point just hoping to get it working...worst case I keep it =)

Comment

Originally posted by Steelhack View Post
                        I picked it up broken in hopes of repair and resell....at this point just hoping to get it working...worst case I keep it =)
                        I have seen this problem on many Vizio LCD TVs,
                        You most likely you have a corrupt eeprom and copying this eeprom with a programmer is very difficult. I believe your eeprom part number is H27UAG8T2MTR which also hold those internet apps. I have search the web for H27UAG8T2MTR and I can't find any datasheet. My programmer don't have the H27UAG8T2MTR listed so I can't read or program it. Its seen to be a new chip.

your solution for now is a replacement main board

ecking767

Comment

Thanks ecking....I was leaning that way...figure one last step is to check on shorting the eeprom to resest..... I see this talked about with samsungs...anyone ever do it for a Vizio?

HACK

Comment

anyone know where I can still find a M320SR main board? #715G4835-M01-000-005k

Thanks

HACK

Comment

Ebay is your best bet, I needed one for my vizio e470va. Had to wait about 3 months to find one affordable, finally one popped up for $40, picked it up, problem fixed. Also make sure you get the exact version of your same board, Vizio uses this board for 32,37,42,47 lcd tv's. But they all have different firmware, NOT ALL OF THEM ARE COMPATIBLE WITH EACH OTHER, I learned the hard way.

Comment

Originally posted by topfli8979 View Post
                                Ebay is your best bet, I needed one for my vizio e470va. Had to wait about 3 months to find one affordable, finally one popped up for $40, picked it up, problem fixed. Also make sure you get the exact version of your same board, Vizio uses this board for 32,37,42,47 lcd tv's. But they all have different firmware, NOT ALL OF THEM ARE COMPATIBLE WITH EACH OTHER, I learned the hard way.

Yeah...been looking....saw a few when I was trying to just fix...now that I have decided to swap it out...I can't find any.

HACK

Comment

Originally posted by Steelhack View Post
                                  Yeah...been looking....saw a few when I was trying to just fix...now that I have decided to swap it out...I can't find any.

HACK
                                  Somewhat of a bump...just to see if anyone knows where I can get parts for this dawg! I can't find anything but the stupid remote on EBAY, SHOPJIMMY, encompassparts, vizparts...

Vizio M320SR
                                  Part # CBPFTXBCB5K10001
                                  Board # 715G4835-M01-000-005K

Comment

You have to enter the service mode and change the model version this is due to the corrupt eeprom data

Comment

Working...
                                    X