Vizio E-320VL Turns on stuck with Vizio logo picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio E-320VL Turns on stuck with Vizio logo picture

When set is turned on, only the Vizio logo pictures shows, I cannot select any inputs by front panel controls and remote control. I have 5.5vdc, 12vdc and 24vdc coming from power supply. I suspect bad caps in main board I cannot find any service tips on this model. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Vizio E-320VL Turns on stuck with Vizio logo picture

Many Vizio (and other brands) have problems with the LDO regulators on the main board. Pictures are a big help. Attach them using 'Manage Attachments' - below the text entry area.

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Thanks Bill for your help. At the moment I do not have a good digital camera to take pics of the board. I do suspect, as you suggest, being a faulty component on the board. May be one of our members can provide you with the picture.

Comment

Originally posted by elegey View Post
        Thanks Bill for your help. At the moment I do not have a good digital camera to take pics of the board. I do suspect, as you suggest, being a faulty component on the board. May be one of our members can provide you with the picture.
        We REALLY prefer pictures of the actual board for three reasons.

First, we can see the actual board, and spot defects the owner has not noticed. In one extreme example, I spent several hours helping someone with a 'two seconds to black' problem on a monitor before he finally supplied pictures of HIS power supply. And I realized at that point that he had many bulging caps on the power supply - a common cause of the problem.

Second, most manufacturers make modifications to their boards during a production run, some may use several different boards.

The third reason - I use it as a filter. If someone is unwilling to provide pictures, I see no reason to help them.

Lack of a camera is not a big deal; try borrowing one. My personal camera is an Olympus D-580 4 Megapixel camera with zoom. In the proper hands it can provide excellent pictures; even in my hands it does an adequate job. They are available (used) on eBay for under $15, including shipping. And there are other, better cameras available for similar prices.

PlainBill
        For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

When set is turned on, only the Vizio logo pictures shows, I cannot select any inputs by front panel controls and remote control. I have 5.5vdc, 12vdc and 24vdc coming from power supply. I suspect bad caps in main board I cannot find any service tips on this model. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks.
          see if this helps
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Village Electronics, old pro, thanks for the picture, but my main board looks different than yours. Your help is much appreciated. It is very hard to find a service manual for this set. I will be posting some pictures of my boards.

Comment

Hi Plain Bill, I borrowed a camera from a friend. I hope the pictures are ok. Thank you for your help. I do appreciate it very much.
              Attached Files

Comment

Plain Bill. I did measure the dc voltages coming from the power supply to main board. All ok, 5v, 12v, and 24 volts. I hope we can find a schematic for this one. Some componets values: U103: M281G9084, U608: 17809(9 volts regulator) checked ok, input 12.12vdc, output 9.08vdc(set on), U704: M377 117-18, U706: LD 33 C941. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Hi Plain Bill, I borrowed a camera from a friend. I hope the pictures are ok. Thank you for your help. I do appreciate it very much.
                  The pictures are useless.

Take a look at the picture Village Electronics attached (ignore the troubleshooting guide, that's a bonus). Note that it is possible to see the entire board. That is important. It is big - 1600 x 900 pixels. That is very important because it allows me to identify 5 probable 1117 type voltage regulators, another that is possibly a 1084? type, and one more candidate that is possibly a 7800 type. I can also see two fuses and two probable buck regulators.

PlainBill

Comment

Thanks Plain Bill for the help. I am enclosing these pictures that I took with a 12MP camera. I hope they will be helping other people. The main board surely has a lot of surface mount fuses. I checked them all. All ok.
                    Attached Files

Comment

More pictures of the main board
                      Attached Files

Comment

Ok Plain Bill, last picture. Thanks.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Plain Bill for the help. I am enclosing these pictures that I took with a 12MP camera. I hope they will be helping other people. The main board surely has a lot of surface mount fuses. I checked them all. All ok.
                          Wow!!! Excellent pictures. On the close-ups I could even read IC part numbers. I feel satisfied if I can read the silk screened identifiers. Interestingly enough, the pictures aren't all that much larger than some of the blurry ones I have to deal with.

I've identified a number of components to be checked. There are two fuses in the lower left corner; I'm pretty sure both are good, but it wouldn't hurt to check.

Just above the fuses I've identified two, possibly three bucking regulators. The caps in that area are critical. I would expect voltages like 3.3 volts and 2.5 volts out of these. That is best checked across the caps.

Further up the board is the Class D audio amp (which I haven't labeled). Just to the right of that are what I suspect are two LDO regulators. These can be checked by measuring the voltages on all three pins (the tab is electrically connected to the center pin, and is the output). Use a mounting screw for ground.

Of course, the Broadcom chip is the main processor and handles most of the video functions, I believe. To the right of that are two more LDO regulators. Again, use a mounting screw for ground and check the voltages on all pins.

Lastly, there are three chips that I suspect might be regulators. Two are above the Broadcom chip, one is in the upper right corner. I've identified them with ??. If lettering can be distinguished, what are the part numbers?

PlainBill
                          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Bill for your research. Here are locations and part numbers on components:

U708: M301-973-120
                            U710: M301-973-120
                            Q709: NiKos P2003EVG VNB5M0B06
                            U709: M323G5657A
                            U707: M323G5657A
                            U704: M327-1117-18
                            U706: LD33C941
                            U608: 17809
                            U103: M281G9084
                            U410: 69282
                            U705: 9141K
                            U408: 50K13

I hope this will help us all. I will check voltages, but I need to replace the heat sinks before I do so. And apply new heat sink compound onto the top of components needing it. I will be happy to take more pictures of the main board.

Comment

Thanks Bill for your research. Here are locations and part numbers on components:

U708: M301-973-120
                              U710: M301-973-120
                              Q709: NiKos P2003EVG VNB5M0B06
                              U709: M323G5657A
                              U707: M323G5657A
                              U704: M327-1117-18
                              U706: LD33C941
                              U608: 17809
                              U103: M281G9084
                              U410: 69282
                              U705: 9141K
                              U408: 50K13

I hope this will help us all. I will check voltages, but I need to replace the heat sinks before I do so. And apply new heat sink compound onto the top of components needing it. I will be happy to take more pictures of the main board.
                              U708: M301-973-120 ???
                              U710: M301-973-120 ???
                              Q709: NiKos P2003EVG VNB5M0B06 Power FET
                              U709: G5657A - 3A step down regulator
                              U707: G5657A - 3A step down regulator
                              U704: M327-1117-18 1.8V LDO regulator
                              U706: LD33C941 ???
                              U608: 17809 9V regulator
                              U103: M281G9084 5A LDO regulator
                              U410: 69282 ???
                              U705: 9141K ???
                              U408: 50K13 ???

PlainBill

Comment

i have the same prob on a 47" vizio, was there a solution to this? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by dmesser100 View Post
                                  i have the same prob on a 47" vizio, was there a solution to this? thanks
                                  If you have a 47" it is almost certainly a different mainboard and completely different circuits and maybe even a different series. The symptom that was stated is a very common issue for Vizio TVs. Rather than tagging onto a thread that never had a resolution documented you would be much better off starting a new thread with YOUR model number in the title. That way, you will get the specific help you need for your model and it won't confuse others later when they read this thread. In fact, assuming yours gets fixed, it will help when others with your model can search on your new thread.

Take some pictures and include them in your first post of the new thread, it will save time because you will be asked for them anyway.

DK

Comment

Possible bad eeprom, check out this link.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vizio-E320VL...item20d0875c49

Comment

Working...
                                    X