Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell XPS 9570 LA-F541p

Hi everyone,
    The laptop does not start, sometimes the POWER LED lights up and nothing - 3.3 and 5V present, 1.05V present. No reaction to the switch button. I suspect the bios but I couldn't find the correct one anywhere.
    Attached my dump.
    Please help me
    XPS 15 9570
    Service Tag: H25BQQ2

I tried from this site but not correct
    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...10&postcount=7
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: Dell XPS 9570 LA-F541p

Originally posted by Slavol View Post
      Hi everyone,
      The laptop does not start, sometimes the POWER LED lights up and nothing - 3.3 and 5V present, 1.05V present. No reaction to the switch button. I suspect the bios but I couldn't find the correct one anywhere.
      Attached my dump.
      Please help me
      XPS 15 9570
      Service Tag: H25BQQ2

I tried from this site but not correct
      https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...10&postcount=7
      Here's your New BIOS, try it and give me the results.

This Service Tag "H98JPV2" was in your Dump file not "H25BQQ2", but it's also belongs to "Dell XPS 15 9570".
      Attached Files
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
      all donations are welcome,
      see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
      >>>>>
      click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
      Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by hardware1 View Post

This Service Tag "H98JPV2" was in your Dump file not "H25BQQ2", but it's also belongs to "Dell XPS 15 9570".
        Thank you very much, but the symptom is the same. Without the RTC battery, after 2-3 seconds, the switch indicator lights up and then nothing happens. No response to the switch.

Comment

hardware1 - probably Your bios is from mainboard LA-G341P, my is LA-F541 ... ?
          Last edited by Slavol; 05-11-2023, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slavol View Post
            hardware1 - probably Your bios is from mainboard LA-G341P, my is LA-F541 ... ?
            I repaired your BIOS file using the BIOS Region which is provided by Dell, I used this Service Tag to get it "H98JPV2" and it refers to "Dell XPS 15 9570".
            So there's only one BIOS for this Device, regardless the Motherboard Number.
            You can use another dump from anywhere and see if there are any differences.
            Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
            >>>>>

Comment

I repaired your BIOS file using the BIOS Region which is provided by Dell, I used this Service Tag to get it "H98JPV2" and it refers to "Dell XPS 15 9570".
              So there's only one BIOS for this Device, regardless the Motherboard Number.
              You can use another dump from anywhere and see if there are any differences.
              OK, many thanks

Comment

Re: need bios + ec dell xps 9570

Hello all!

Ive replaced the PCH on a Dell XPS 9570 that was dead, and now its back to life.
                Can someone help me clean ME region on the original bios?

Model P56F002
                service tag 1Y6LHR2
                board no. LA-G341P

Thanks in advance
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by magneh View Post
                  Hello all!

Ive replaced the PCH on a Dell XPS 9570 that was dead, and now its back to life.
                  Can someone help me clean ME region on the original bios?

Model P56F002
                  service tag 1Y6LHR2
                  board no. LA-G341P

Thanks in advance
                  Here's your Clean BIOS, try it.

The Service Tag inside your dump file is "7BNNMV2", and it also refers to "Dell XPS 15 9570".
                  Attached Files
                  >>>>>

Comment

Here's your Clean BIOS, try it.

The Service Tag inside your dump file is "7BNNMV2", and it also refers to "Dell XPS 15 9570".
                    Thank you !

Ive flashed it, and I still encounter 2 issues which Im not sure if its due to the PCH replacement, or Bios.

First, each time I restart the machine I get this message

thunderbolt pcie device enumeration mode has switched to native

The switch option is disabled on the bios, and still this happens every time I reboot the machine

Secondly, I can install the GPU drivers (1050ti) with no problems, but when machine is rebooted, again, it appears in device manager with exclamation mark code 43 error.
                    If I reinstall drivers, it appears as normally installed and running with no errors.

The service tag on the cover is 1Y6LHR2, maybe someone worked on the bios before getting the machine...not sure.

Would the service tag mismatched create some of the issues im describing here?

Photos attached
                    Thanks for any inputs, appreciate it
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you !

Ive flashed it, and I still encounter 2 issues which Im not sure if its due to the PCH replacement, or Bios.

Thanks for any inputs, appreciate it
                      Try this New BIOS and see what will happen, I think if it works fine will let you insert the Service Tag in the BIOS menu.
                      Also it could help you with the other issues.
                      Attached Files
                      >>>>>

Comment

Try this New BIOS and see what will happen, I think if it works fine will let you insert the Service Tag in the BIOS menu.
                        Also it could help you with the other issues.
                        Hey Hardware1!
                        First of all thank you for your help on this one.

This dump worked fine, and I was able to enter the correct Service tag.

And it fixed the PCIe switch message.
                        At first reboot the GTX1050ti was still installed and working.

Installed a Thunderbolt firmware update, and it appeared after second reboot again with exclamation mark...

Very weird, gonna try to reinstall and check again if it goes bad after reboot or shutdown...

Would love to be able to fix this 100%, after all this work!

UPDATE: seems that if I SHUTDOWN the machine each time, the GTX1050ti is always correctly installed and working in device manager.
                        BUT whenever I RESTART the laptop, it appears again with exclamation mark, error code 43

What a strange and weird issue...
                        Last edited by magneh; 05-17-2023, 03:54 AM.

Comment

Hey Hardware1!
                          First of all thank you for your help on this one.

UPDATE: seems that if I SHUTDOWN the machine each time, the GTX1050ti is always correctly installed and working in device manager.
                          BUT whenever I RESTART the laptop, it appears again with exclamation mark, error code 43

What a strange and weird issue...
                          You're welcome.
                          Have you tried to reinstall the OS? It could be an issue with some drivers.
                          >>>>>

Comment

You're welcome.
                            Have you tried to reinstall the OS? It could be an issue with some drivers.
                            I will try it but very low chance.

Ive done some more stuff with the machine.
                            Even when the GTX is installed in device manager, ive run 3dmark and its only using the intel 630 graphics.

besides that, had a few bluescreens due to nvdd stuff so yeah...

Could be something dodgy with the replacement chipset, or the GPU taken a shot when PCH died, not sure.

Not looking good right?

Comment

I will try it but very low chance.

Not looking good right?
                              If the New OS doesn't fix the problems, I think you will need to ask for help in the Hardware section.
                              https://www.badcaps.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23
                              >>>>>

Comment

NEED HELP I FIND THE BIOS BUT I'M NOT SURE THIS IS THE ORIGINAL BIOS WITH THIS BIOS NOT DISPLAYING
                                MOTH DDB00 LA-G341P rev1.0
                                MODEL P56F002 SERVICE TAG 37PX4S2
                                Attached Files

Comment

yes working file 100% ok

Comment

Originally posted by mazmaz23 View Post
                                    need help i find the bios but i'm not sure this is the original bios with this bios not displaying
                                    moth ddb00 la-g341p rev1.0
                                    model p56f002 service tag 37px4s2
                                    Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                                    Become a Badcaps supporter
                                    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                                    Thanks to all supporters.
                                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Hi there,
                                      I have the same issue. I decided to reinstall my Windows and after auto installing drivers my bios was updated. From that moment my Nvidia GPU throws error 43 and doesn't work at all. I suppose to think if i flash my bios with right firmware everything will be ok. I'm new here and i hope to solve this issue.
                                      all the best,
                                      Alex

Comment

Originally posted by lolmagexe View Post
                                        Hi there,
                                        I have the same issue. I decided to reinstall my Windows and after auto installing drivers my bios was updated. From that moment my Nvidia GPU throws error 43 and doesn't work at all. I suppose to think if i flash my bios with right firmware everything will be ok. I'm new here and i hope to solve this issue.
                                        all the best,
                                        Alex
                                        additional info:
                                        Product Serial Number: 6RW4QV2
                                        Mainboard Name: 0D0T05
                                        Mainboard Version: A00

Comment

Hi, I hope it's ok if I reuse this thread instead of opening another one since I need the BIOS for the same machine. I need the BIOS file for my 9570 with Service Tag 158BQQ2, if possible I'd like to have version 1.23.0. Also, would I need to modify it to include the Windows activation key before flashing it, is it correct? Are there any additional info related to my specific machine that I would need to edit into the "blank" BIOS? E.g. anything about hardware combination (my machine has i5-8300h and gtx 1050).

Unfortunately I don't have a backup in hand right now, I hope you can still help me.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Comment

Working...
                                          X