Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HP DV6-6027TX wont boot (caps lock 1 flash)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP DV6-6027TX wont boot (caps lock 1 flash)

Hey everyone, its been a while.

I have a hp dv6, model 6027tx with an intel core i7 and dedicated graphics that has a slight problem.

When the system is plugged in and the power button pressed, it turns on and flashes the caps lock key once (backlight does not come on, no image) and then turns off. It will not repeat this until you unplug the power and plug it back in, i have tested it also with a core i3 i had lying around and no change.

It will occasionally turn on a second time without being unplugged and then immediately turn off.

I really dont have any ideas at all, just curious on what my first few steps from here should be and wondering if anyone has a partial or full schematic of this laptop

Re: HP DV6-6027TX wont boot (caps lock 1 flash)

It could be a bios issue, you can try to flash the bios.
    The Night Drop Down, I Will Keep Try Until..., You Never know.
    Dushi Kòrsou, Nos Tei.

Comment

1blink-cpu fault

Comment

I know its considered a cpu fault, but at this stage i've tried 3 different cpu's that work in other laptops. They all produce the same error

Edit: i should also note that the cpu is getting power, ~1.1-1.2v which from memory is pretty normal
        Last edited by luke10050; 07-12-2015, 04:24 PM.

Comment

try to heat up GPU to 100c

Comment

REFLOW THE PCH it will fix it

Comment

Had a look, pch does appear to be getting +3.2v, so i assume either a corrupt bios or it needs a reflow?

Comment

Originally posted by ktmmotocross View Post
                1blink-cpu fault
                If it stays on and blinks like a standby light, then yes.

Had a Compaq CQ 61 fail like that, it turns on and stays on, but nothing else except for an LED that blinks like a monitor standby indicator.
                Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 07-13-2015, 06:00 PM.
                ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

32 GB G.Skill RipJaws V F4-3200C16D-32GVR

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Originally posted by luke10050 View Post
                  Had a look, pch does appear to be getting +3.2v, so i assume either a corrupt bios or it needs a reflow?
                  More likely bad CPU caps or CPU socket needs to be reflowed.
                  ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

32 GB G.Skill RipJaws V F4-3200C16D-32GVR

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Probably, tested the 2720qm in a toshiba board i had lying around, the cpu is perfectly fine, i think the pch could be the problem as the laptop went through something that fried the ac adaptor. Might need to inspect the ethernet NIC and a few other things

Comment

Just an update incase anyone stumbles aceoss this: the motherboard is a HPMH-40GAB6600

I've got to the stage where i get run_ok and some cpu power but the uncore power ok signal is not sent. Meaning the CPU does not initialise causing the 1 capslock flash

Comment

Hey, digging this up because i'm still working on it. I notice i get 19v to pq802 but the iGPU does not seem to be getting any power, could this cause a "bad cpu" code?

Comment

Could be bad chipset chip (northbridge chip) due to bad or poorly designed charger. At least on a new dell xps 15 (i7-4700HQ bga) model I have seen overheating chipset chip while the system constantly making 7 beeps for CPU error. It so happened by the original charger which was connected to a faulty AC outlet I suppose.
                          Last edited by FShahid; 09-30-2015, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Its a possibility, it looks like i'm not actually getting a pwm signal for the FETs. Though looking at the boot order the igpu voltage should come on at the same time the cpu core power does. I get cpu core power but no igpu power. I'm leaning toward a failed mosfet driver or power management IC myself. Unless igpu power is not required for it to boot.

Comment

Working...
                            X