Who makes MOBOs with the best caps ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who makes MOBOs with the best caps ?

Hi, this is my first post. Imagine my pleasure when I found this site/forum while searching for "luxon" on yahoo/google to see how good these caps are.
    Basically we think alike!!

Although my reasons for searching for "how good these caps are" was slightly different. I am a diy audio enthusiast and currently working(planning) on setting up a good pc with audio in mind. As many of you might already be knowing, Caps play a big role - probably the biggest factor after circuit design - in the quality of the sound. Secondly, the choices of caps I saw on this site (Rubycon, oscon, fc,..) are exactly the preferred choices for audio too. So now you know how our paths crossed!

Now coming to my original question, who in the market makes mobos with the best caps ? I know getting a cap kit or having it done might prove to be even a better option but I was just wondering who really takes this matter seriously or puts some thought behind this. Chances are they might have thought about other things (like better regulators, oscillators, layout, etc..which are equally important in audio) and done them right too.

Thanks!

Re: Who makes MOBOs with the best caps ?

well i just bought an ABIT NF7-S2G motherboard (socket A, yea i know its outdated, but im not upgrading for a while and my epox has 9 bad caps on it). all the caps on the NF7 are rubies, except three, and those are chiciron or whatever that brand it. but from what ive read around the forums is that you just gotta look at the particular motherboard, cause different boards and different revisions often use different parts, even within the same brands. my suggestion is if you want to order a mobo online is to go to your local computer store and take a first hand look at the mobo youre looking at. they are usually more than willing to show you motherboards and let you looks at the first hand. alright i lost my train of thought. i guess you might want to start with ABIT because it seems they have realized the importance of good caps.

Comment

Several of them now use good capacitors.

I just picked up a Biostar 939 6100 mainboard, Chemicons where I want them.
      Ya'll think us folk from the country's real funny-like, dontcha?

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of BADCAPS.NET or any of their affiliates.

Comment

ASUS in my Compaq has UCC in vrm, and all the pic I've seen of new ASUS boards have all UCC. My old ASUS A7V333 has Nichicon in vrm.

Comment

Ive seen the DFI Lanparty board here

http://www.dfi.com.tw/Product/xx_pro...YPE=LP&SITE=DE

They stated that 100% of caps are Japanese Capacitors.
          And this Board is full of capazitors. And for that the price is very competitive i think (about 113€).

Comment

looks good, we pay more though

100% japanese capacitors is the words we want to see

Attached Files
            Last edited by willawake; 03-10-2006, 07:33 AM.
            capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

yes, the 113€ are for one of those bigger online stores. i fi would bay it local, i think the 139€tag wpould be cheap....

Comment

so im pretty new with the capacitor good/bad brands thing....whats so great about all jap caps?

Comment

they have the highest consistent reliability
                  capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

they just last as long as those units useful life will last. In some cases even longer. Cheap ones will die upon six monts to 3 years, dependign on usage and environment temperature.
                    The worst thing is, that you could easily spend many hours to figure out the cause for pc problems. You blame windows or any other things for freezes and bsod`s and tha is why people hate their pc stuff. And in the worst case the power usuply can die, frying the whole system due to overvoltage.
                    Last edited by gonzo0815; 03-10-2006, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Well, I can vouch for DFI's Lanparty nForce4 based "Expert" mobo

It has all quality caps... Sure don't regret buying it... And if you are into overclocking, well, let's just say there isn't anything better?
                      "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Originally posted by gonzo0815
                        they just last as long as those units useful life will last. In some cases even longer. Cheap ones will die upon six monts to 3 years, dependign on usage and environment temperature.
                        The worst thing is, that you could easily spend many hours to figure out the cause for pc problems. You blame windows or any other things for freezes and bsod`s and tha is why people hate their pc stuff. And in the worst case the power usuply can die, frying the whole system due to overvoltage.
                        Keep in mind as gonzo states "the power supply can die". It looks like more mobo's are finally coming with good caps but that's not the case with most PSU's on the market. A well thought out system should have both

Comment

I've found Gigabyte either uses Chemi-cons mixed with some Nichicons (don't know what series) or Rubycons now. I got lucky with a motherboard (don't remember what model, i think its a GeForce 4100/610 chipset) that had almost all Rubycons, with a few NCC KZGs. Some use those kinds that are solid without vents (polymer caps?).

Comment

Asrock uses a mix of Chemicon/OST... but their big brother Asus uses better... Time for the big brother to guide the little brother...

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of BADCAPS.NET or any of their affiliates.

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys.
                              but that's not the case with most PSU's on the market. A well thought out system should have both
                              funny you should mention that. The next topic/thread I was going to start was about psu caps! So here we go - which psu's have good (or bad!) caps ?

Comment

im not sure how much mobo caps will affect audio, unless your using onboard sound, which would be a waste.

biggest benifet would probably be by getting a nice sound card and cap modding if need be.

but the dfi venus board is absolute best for caps, but carries huge price premium.

here is a picture linked below
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by willawake; 03-16-2006, 04:06 AM. Reason: pic uploaded and placed not inline
                                Specs
                                DFI AM2 LANPARTY UT NF590 SLI-M2R/G
                                X2 3800+EE AM2
                                2x1GB OCZ PC2-6400 Platinum XTC
                                XFX 7900GS
                                Maxtor 6L250S0
                                Maxtor 6V300F0
                                Western Digital WD2500JS
                                Mushkin HP-550(Cap/Filter Modded)

Cooling
                                Swiftech Apogee
                                Swiftech MCW-60
                                Swiftech MCP-600
                                HardwareLabes Black Ice Extreme 2

Comment

it seems like it is easier to cap mod a mobo than a soundcard. I also emailed badcaps.net service some time ago to ask if they will cap mod a soundcard but haven't heard anything yet. Are there members here who would be willing to do a cap mod on a soundcard ?

Comment

Hm well, a Soundcard capping isn`t very dificult, but the problem is that there you have to consider the frequenzy range, at least in the analog section. And this is far from easy and could be don only with quit expensive analyzing tools. So for recaping a hobyist soundcard probalby don`t need this, but if you want a defined frequenzy range, s/n ratio etc. this is mandatory.
                                    If you want to try that, i suggest you to order some nice oscons with OFC coper leads and let an radio /tv serviceman solder them on to the card.
                                    Stay as close as possible to the values of the original caps.

Comment

If you had the time and the caps you could do the same thing with the non-venus board, one of the guys that posted on the same forum that first displayed that board had already done it himself.

Comment

Originally posted by MD Willington
                                        Asrock uses a mix of Chemicon/OST... but their big brother Asus uses better... Time for the big brother to guide the little brother...
                                        Same with Asus, with both my A7V8X-X and A7N8X-X motherboards.

But my Asus A7N8X-X, which is newer has less Ost caps. It has more Chemicon caps. Probably KZG.
                                        ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Working...
                                        X