kdl70w830b main board 3 blinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kdl70w830b main board 3 blinks

hey guys, florida did it again, and killed my 70 inch bravia tv.. its blinking 3 times, I already had another brand new power board from sony as we thought it was the issue.. 3 blinks says power board or main board, and i see some rain bowing coloration by the main chipset on the main board and its greasy for some reason.. anybody have any ideas on these big bad boys? ill get pictures as soon as you ask for them.

there is 4 boards, main power, led distribution board, main board and tcon.

Re: kdl70w830b main board 3 blinks

Update, I was able to verify all the voltages, and I froze the main board for fun, and it turned on for 5 seconds with a spinning loading sign I've never seen before.. then shuts off with a relay click and blinks 3 times..

Comment

Good pics. of the whole back and close up of each board?

Comment

As you can see the horribly reflected picture of the spinning arrows, they spin like its in a restore mode or something.. now when I plug the TV in it does that for 8-12 seconds then click, screen off, and 3 red blinks over and over.
        Attached Files

Comment

A 3 blink code does point to main baord as primary suspect, The spinning arrows seems to indicate it's trying to update its firmware, Leave it connected to the internet (over night), or download the firmware to usb stick and try that, If that does'nt work, its likely a fault with the X-Reality chip, maybe poor bga connections?
          The grease on the main board is likely from the thermal pad attached to the rear bracket that covered the main board
          Last edited by R_J; 08-02-2019, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
            A 3 blink code does point to main baord as primary suspect, The spinning arrows seems to indicate it's trying to update its firmware, Leave it connected to the internet (over night), or download the firmware to usb stick and try that, If that does'nt work, its likely a fault with the X-Reality chip, maybe poor bga connections?
            The grease on the main board is likely from the thermal pad attached to the rear bracket that covered the main board
            Thats what I figured, Im going to try to force update.. that doesn't work then run a lan cable to it and hope for the best.. thanks again!! looks like the 830 840 and 850 main boards work in it so im not stuck with just one board..

Comment

No luck at all, board is locked up. Im going to try and pull the 2 big caps and test them and see.. and try to see if there's any blown resistors or caps on the board.. its 100% the main board unfortunately.. 100 bucks on eBay, unless someone else has a hookup..

Comment

failed to load driver... its much like you have AV board issue... disconnect speaker socket from MB and the AV board from MB and then turn it on.

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                  failed to load driver... its much like you have AV board issue... disconnect speaker socket from MB and the AV board from MB and then turn it on.
                  100% correct, I bought a brand new power supply and another board from a 60-850 and uploaded the correct firmware and works, but now the problem is the middle of the screen is dark (see picture) and no idea what could have caused that..

Comment

the outside is clean white 1/4 on each side rest is dark
                    Attached Files

Comment

as i know Sony up 60 the LED backlight are edge one. mean its one piece at the bottom of the set. from your photo it look one piece LED failed.

Comment

as i know Sony up 60 the LED backlight are edge one. mean its one piece at the bottom of the set. from your photo it look one piece LED failed.
                        Shoot... I gotta take it back down then... Ugh!! I have an led tester so that's good . Do you know if the LEDs are power supply driven or main board.. I have another brand new power supply

Comment

No, all boards PSU or LED driver are okay.. its just one SMT LED ... need to take screen apart to reach the LED back light... tester will not work unless to test each LED stand alone

Comment

No, all boards PSU or LED driver are okay.. its just one SMT LED ... need to take screen apart to reach the LED back light... tester will not work unless to test each LED stand alone
                            Thank you very much, Ill report back with an update soon, I have to wait for my friend to take it off the wall as its freaking heavy!!! and 6 feet in the air..

Comment

Ok, theres a driver board, with 4 sets of LEDS. one per corner, and they all match output wise, and manually tested them and they all look good..

is there a diffuser that maybe broke or fell when I took it down? or do you know what the output voltages are supposed to be on this unit? im getting 52.2 volts per group and 6.65-6.85 on the test points.
                              Id hate to take the screen off and ruin this gorgeous TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Brucetafer View Post
                                Ok, theres a driver board, with 4 sets of LEDS. one per corner, and they all match output wise, and manually tested them and they all look good..

is there a diffuser that maybe broke or fell when I took it down? or do you know what the output voltages are supposed to be on this unit? im getting 52.2 volts per group and 6.65-6.85 on the test points.
                                Id hate to take the screen off and ruin this gorgeous TV.
                                dfifuser could make effect if they are not tight to the back of screen. but most cases will be effect on the corners of the set ( try massage the LCD gently with dry cloth if the effect will be better )

SMT LED are currents not volts. open LED mean it will not lid on but its FW current Ziner Diode in tact and forward currents to next LED.

if you hate to to go further. better stay on it as its now but be ready that other LED will die soon or later as they have same age of working hours.

play around to adjust backlight level and contrast to have best picture with less darkness.

One things more.. i recall before i had scraped KDL 65 size because it had smashed panel. it was edge backlight too. i found the first plate of flex glass reflector made of 2 pieces and glued with fine transparent type . like they use one piece of 55 and add rest of other piece. ... but the place where they glued was on the first third left side not at the middle..
                                Last edited by Diah; 08-11-2019, 04:37 AM.

Comment

dfifuser could make effect if they are not tight to the back of screen. but most cases will be effect on the corners of the set ( try massage the LCD gently with dry cloth if the effect will be better )

SMT LED are currents not volts. open LED mean it will not lid on but its FW current Ziner Diode in tact and forward currents to next LED.

if you hate to to go further. better stay on it as its now but be ready that other LED will die soon or later as they have same age of working hours.

play around to adjust backlight level and contrast to have best picture with less darkness.

One things more.. i recall before i had scraped KDL 65 size because it had smashed panel. it was edge backlight too. i found the first plate of flex glass reflector made of 2 pieces and glued with fine transparent type . like they use one piece of 55 and add rest of other piece. ... but the place where they glued was on the first third left side not at the middle..
                                  Exactly what I thought.. I'm stumped man.. I wish I could find a voltage cheat sheet..

Comment

Is this your LED driver board?
                                    https://www.shopjimmy.com/sony-49-p2...led-driver.htm
                                    The LED driver IC's are AN37011B?
                                    Never stop learning
                                    Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                    http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
                                      Is this your LED driver board?
                                      https://www.shopjimmy.com/sony-49-p2...led-driver.htm
                                      The LED driver IC's are AN37011B?
                                      Yes, 8 of them for 4 strips or groups of leds.. the board says 125v max.

Comment

Each one of those LED driver IC is 4-CH LED driver (4 string of LED per IC).
                                        AN37011B spec sheet on how it works.
                                        I only see LED 1 ~ 16 on the LED connectors CN1002 ~ 1004 so it may only has 16 strings..
                                        I cannot verify until I can do more research on this TV model.
                                        The Cathode return pin Voltage of the bad LED will not be the same as the good LED string if all the LED strings have the same quantity of LED's.
                                        BTW, where does it indicate 125V max?
                                        Attached Files
                                        Last edited by budm; 08-11-2019, 05:56 PM.
                                        Never stop learning
                                        Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                        http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Working...
                                        X