Sony XBR65x900c No Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony XBR65x900c No Power

I was given a Sony XBR65x900c tv for free with no known condition. My house was struck by lightning last year so I have some experience replacing boards on TV's. So I purchased a board from ebay that was supposedly in new condition just had a broken screen. Installed the board and still nothing. I tested volts and the stand by voltage seems low at somewhere around 2.5 volts. Not sure if this is normal but open to suggestions on what to do next. Thanks

Re: Sony XBR65x900c No Power

For us to help you, we will need good clear pictures of the whole backside of the TV showing all the boards, and the straight shot pictures of the whole top and bottom side of the power supply board so we can read the printed texts on the board.
    Never stop learning
    Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
    http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Okay thanks for the help. I have uploaded some pics and what the voltage was on them.
      Attached Files

Comment

And a couple more pics
        Attached Files

Comment

So I purchased a board from ebay that was supposedly in new condition just had a broken screen. Installed the board and still nothing
          Which board? power supply or main?
          The standby voltage should be 3.3 volts, Is the stby voltage the same with the original board?
          Last edited by R_J; 09-05-2018, 10:13 PM.

Comment

you say your house had a lightening strike a lot of times we see its the mainboard at fault as per above post what board did you replace?

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
              Which board? power supply or main?
              The standby voltage should be 3.3 volts, Is the stby voltage the same with the original board?
              I will have to check tonight. I didn't even check voltage as with my previous TV's i just replaced the board and it fixed the problem. I will check tonight and post results. And I replaced the large board on the left side, the board where the actual power cord plugs into so I would assume that would be the power board? I ordered the smaller board in the middle from ebay once again just to see if that fixes it. From the description listed they called it the static converter board?

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                you say your house had a lightening strike a lot of times we see its the mainboard at fault as per above post what board did you replace?
                So my house had been struck by lightning before but this tv has never worked since it was given to me so it has not been struck by lightning yet The board that I replaced had the power plugged directly into it so I am assuming its the power board but I really have no clue. I ordered what was called the static converter board off of ebay so we will see if that fixes it.

Comment

Without measuring voltages on the Power and Main Bds. you are guessing and would just be replacing Bds hoping for a fix. I think you have a Main Bd problem though and you should invest in a DMM to check if the PS-ON signal is produced.

Comment

Originally posted by justintime_3 View Post
                    So my house had been struck by lightning before but this tv has never worked since it was given to me so it has not been struck by lightning yet The board that I replaced had the power plugged directly into it so I am assuming its the power board but I really have no clue. I ordered what was called the static converter board off of ebay so we will see if that fixes it.
                    sorry i missed read post 1 post a picture showing all the boards that are used in your set and maybe we can advise you more.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew F. Ali View Post
                      Without measuring voltages on the Power and Main Bds. you are guessing and would just be replacing Bds hoping for a fix. I think you have a Main Bd problem though and you should invest in a DMM to check if the PS-ON signal is produced.
                      Pardon my ignorance but what is a DMM?

Comment

digital multi meter

Comment

What ground do you use?
                          2,5Volts for stand by is to low, disconnect the mainboard and check it again, if still to low the problem could be in the power supply.

Comment

With your DMM you can measure WRT chassis GND if PS-ON toggles.

Comment

Well I just have a basic multimeter as seen in the pics. The ground that I was using was just a chassis ground that you would mount to the wall hangar. Also the board that was in it originally had the same voltage as the replacement one from eBay so I am assuming the power board is not the problem.

Comment

ignore wrong thread sorry
                                Last edited by vinceroger69; 09-07-2018, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X