Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Solarized Samsung LN37A450C1DXZA

Originally posted by jbjsabu View Post
    I wish I could pin down where this set's problem lies. It seems like there should be a better way than just swapping out chips and boards willy-nilly.

I guess I will wait for my replacement AS15 to come in and and see where it goes from there.

Thanks for the looks and consideration.
    You haven't swapped a board and you're not replacing a chip willy-nilly.
    It's been suggested by several people with many years collective experience.
    Solarized image of some or all colours, dark image, double image all points to the gamma ic in this case its the common to fail AS15.
    They cost so little and take less than 5 minutes to replace with the correct tools, I don't even bother to test them. I've replaced over 2 dozen in the last couple of years and I've been right with every one.

If you only have a soldering iron and not hot air, I suggest using some ChipQuick to help you remove the old one.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
      You haven't swapped a board and you're not replacing a chip willy-nilly.
      It's been suggested by several people with many years collective experience.
      Solarized image of some or all colours, dark image, double image all points to the gamma ic in this case its the common to fail AS15.
      They cost so little and take less than 5 minutes to replace with the correct tools, I don't even bother to test them. I've replaced over 2 dozen in the last couple of years and I've been right with every one.

If you only have a soldering iron and not hot air, I suggest using some ChipQuick to help you remove the old one.
      +1 willy for sure
      Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
        +1 willy for sure
        LOL

I replaced the AS15 and it looks like a fix!

I appreciate you all sharing your experience with me, for sure.

Thanks for the ChipQuik tip, too. Easy off, and not _too_ hard soldering the new one back on. (Note to future self: when ready to solder new ic, hide the ChipQuik from reach.)

By the way, any idea where these "clips?" would fit back on? I originally opened the back with the set vertical and they just tumbled out.

Best regards!
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jbjsabu View Post

By the way, any idea where these "clips?" would fit back on? I originally opened the back with the set vertical and they just tumbled out.

Best regards!

They keep the metal frame and the plastic frame together

Comment

Try this video might help solve your issue best of luck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-aXKCTiU6I&t=213s

Comment

Quick tip:check date of last post.

Comment

Working...
              X