Samsung LN37A550P3F replaced Caps, white screen only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung LN37A550P3F replaced Caps, white screen only

replaced 2 Caps that were bulging and screen is steady but only displays a White screen in all modes

any advice on what to check and replace next?

1st pic circled in red are the 2 bulging Caps i replaced

as always, any help is greatly appreciated
    Attached Files
    Last edited by GR3Y5H3ART; 02-15-2015, 11:59 PM.

Re: Samsung LN37A550P3F replaced Caps, white screen only

All voltages from PSU present and correct?

Comment

I don't usually work on TV's but I thought I would put my 2 cents in. Your problem may be a fuse on T-con board or a bad T-con also dirty LVDS cable contacts would do a white screen. if that would be the case I would replace all caps on power supply.

Comment

Originally posted by newtothis View Post
        All voltages from PSU present and correct?

can you be more specific what i should check?

Comment

Originally posted by 1supertech View Post
          I don't usually work on TV's but I thought I would put my 2 cents in. Your problem may be a fuse on T-con board or a bad T-con also dirty LVDS cable contacts would do a white screen. if that would be the case I would replace all caps on power supply.
          well cheapest easiest would be to replace the Fuse and what are LVDS cable contacts?

Comment

White parts of LVDS cable clean with alcohol
            Cable from main board to T-con

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...zgDJyp4WHLrwyQ
            Last edited by 1supertech; 02-16-2015, 05:37 AM.

Comment

Check the connectners are fitted correctly.
              And also check the fuse.. prior to replacing..

Check if you have voltage present on the tcon board check this on the fuse.
              should be there on both sides of the fuse if not blown

Comment

http://www.shopjimmy.com/auo-55-37t0...-con-board.htm not sure if this is your board, anyway if you click the picture it gets bigger, the fuse is by the connector it says F-1, F=fuse, test it in diode mode, power off, should read 000 or close to it, then turn tv on, check in dc mode, I believe its black probe to chassis for ground and red on either side, should read whatever its rated for, maybe 5 or 12 volts each side.

Comment

Hello, sounds like a bad as15 chip on the tcon board. White/washed out picture is definitely one of the symptoms. Please post pictures of your tcon board. Also is it is the auo tcon then there is test points to confirm the as15 fault.

Comment

still no luck...any ideas?

help of any kind is appreciated

Comment

Can you get a good clear pic of the T-con board?
                      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

update, finally had some time and got my digi cam fixed to take some clear pics of the Boards

Originally posted by 1supertech View Post
                        White parts of LVDS cable clean with alcohol
                        Cable from main board to T-con
                        did this. Screen is split exactly in the middle, right side slowly turns to White screen, left side White Screen on every time i press Source button

Comment

Hi, I also have a tv with the white screen and a wide line going down the left side. Looking closely, I can faintly see the on screen display. I had obvious damage to a chip on my Tcon board, which I ordered a replacement yesterday and should have in the next few days.

I have my own post about my set's issue, but the similarity of the white screens, I thought I would share that I will be making an update if replacing my tcon corrects my white screen/line issue - which may help someone in the ordering replacement parts category. Sorry if I intruded, I hope to see that you can find a remedy for your set's issues soon, also.

Comment

Originally posted by GR3Y5H3ART View Post
                            update, finally had some time and got my digi cam fixed to take some clear pics of the Boards

did this. Screen is split exactly in the middle, right side slowly turns to White screen, left side White Screen on every time i press Source button
                            Pics?

Comment

sorry for not responding sooner

long story short, camera broke, had to save for new one

1. what it looks like on start up:

2. after a while, exactly half of the screen is white and the other side black

3. any ideas what else i should check or if its even fixable?

Comment

I would say that is a bad LCD panel - unfortunately it will not be possible to fix.
                                Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                                For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Looks like a bad lcd panel indeed. Had same issues with a philips lcd that did the same. ( tab bonds ).
                                  You could press on the tab bonds and see if it changes anything.
                                  I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                                    i would say that is a bad lcd panel - unfortunately it will not be possible to fix.
                                    +1.
                                    Never stop learning
                                    Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                    http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Indeed, right side of backlighting is off, this means your inverter is defective and the main board wait a feedback from backlighting. Change the inverter !

Comment

Hi everybody
                                        I have a samsung UN55D6300 with backlight interrupted. Any idea how to get to the led lighting module. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                        X