Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pilot 37" LCD : PIL37AV Stuck on standby

Hey all,

I found this TV on it's way to the trash..

It had been opened and the speakers were missing.

It got no power at all, so i found and replaced 4 bad caps:
    1X220u 25v-> totally open
    3X22u 50v-> high ESR

I got standby voltage!
    But didn't manage to turn it on

I don't have the remote but there is 3.8v on the power button.

Got 315vdc on main filter cap.

Power supply board:KAS300-5S241812HL

All of the other caps looks pretty much fine
    3x1000u 35v were missing some of their capacitance
    almost 900 instead of 1000.
    i am going to replace those as well.

Any other tips would help me out.

im not sure if its the PS fault or the Logic board....
    Attached Files

Re: Pilot 37" LCD : PIL37AV Stuck on standby

Once you replace all parts that you think are faulty and you are getting 5Vdc Standby Voltage. If you can determine the appropriate pins, probably you could try to force the Pwr Sup On by using a 1k-10k resistor from Std-By to Pwr-On and another 1k-10k resistor from Std-By to BL-ON. The connector from the Pwr Bd to the Main Bd must be disconnected from the Main Bd before attemting this operation.

Comment

I tried force power it by jumpering
      pin 1 ON CNR4 connector its ON/OFF with GND with mainboard and inverter disconnected.

i can hear it's trying to start but i can hear some clicks as i have a short on something...

i checked all of the small diodes, all seemed ok.

the next thing is to check the transistors which is a pian,

i hate to wick them out....

any more ideas?
      Attached Files
      Last edited by s_henya; 01-12-2015, 04:08 PM.

Comment

what voltage are you getting on the 2 middle pins of the bridge rectifier?,the voltage on the main filter cap seems to low
        fixed so far...376 lg lcd tv's,24 onn tv;s,24 panasonic lcd,16 jvc lcd,12 marshall jcm800 amps,refurb of various disco equipment lighting,old style disco decks ,and a flymo!

----------------------------------------------
        please let us know if everything works ok if your tv gets fixed, as it will be and aid for anyone else having the same problem and wishing to fix it.it would save people clogging up this site with topics that are duplicated,and can be found easily using the search function.,and taking up valuable space.enjoy your fixed tv!,hopefully!

Comment

testing this board with ac on, is a pain... there is some residue on the back side,

and in order to test anything, i need to press real hard with the probs,

haha im afraid to slip....

just to clarify one pin on the middle pin of the bridge and the other on hot side gnd?
          Last edited by s_henya; 01-12-2015, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by s_henya View Post
            testing this board with ac on, is a pain... the is some residue on the back side,

and in order to test anything i need to press real hard with the probs,

haha im afraid to slip....

just to clarify one pin on the middle pin of the bridge and the other on hot side gnd?
            no just the 2 middle pins AC volts marked ~~
            fixed so far...376 lg lcd tv's,24 onn tv;s,24 panasonic lcd,16 jvc lcd,12 marshall jcm800 amps,refurb of various disco equipment lighting,old style disco decks ,and a flymo!

please let us know if everything works ok if your tv gets fixed, as it will be and aid for anyone else having the same problem and wishing to fix it.it would save people clogging up this site with topics that are duplicated,and can be found easily using the search function.,and taking up valuable space.enjoy your fixed tv!,hopefully!

Comment

i added some fresh solder, now the contact is better,

i get 222vac between the middle brigde legs.

never had the chance to thank you multimeter :-)

what next?

Comment

Surely if he has 315vdc on the big cap the bridge must be ok?
                Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Originally posted by selldoor View Post
                  Surely if he has 315vdc on the big cap the bridge must be ok?
                  to confirm line voltage,it still seems low to me.....

Comment

Could it be that the jumper i connected wasn't right, that caused the clicks?

Because without it (mainboard and inverter connected) there isn't any sound...

CN4, CN6 goes to the mainboard,
                    CN2,CN3 goes to the inverter.

Comment

maybe the main board isn't returning the on signal for the power supply.

Comment

What is the part number of that 8 legged IC in the middle of the board just above the BIG cap in your picture
                        Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair

Comment

could possibly be main board,but that filter cap voltage is bugging me ...,test all output voltage on pins to GND on the PSU connectors,a shorted rail could also cause the problem,you want to see very high KOHM to infinate

Comment

Originally posted by multimeter View Post
                            to confirm line voltage,it still seems low to me.....
                            Sorry I missed the bit where you said it seemed low - but in Israel they only work on 220vac not 230 -240 so 315vdc is ok. But only as the board is not fully functioning - I suspect it has pfc so if it was all working it would be nearer 380vdc

Comment

Originally posted by selldoor View Post
                              Sorry I missed the bit where you said it seemed low - but in Israel they only work on 220vac not 230 -240 so 315vdc is ok. But only as the board is not fully functioning - I suspect it has pfc so if it was all working it would be nearer 380vdc
                              absolutly PFC is there,what i expected was around 380VDC ?! a short could load down primary side,do any of the output voltages pulse?could indicate a faulty start up cap ,or shorted secondary diode,have you tested to ground the 5v,12v,24v etc?

Comment

IC is: 2A180Z
                                Attached Files

Comment

multimeter, for you question about testing resistance between outputs to gnd, no i didn't.

give me a quick brief, and i will do it right now.

:-)

Comment

on the connectors that go from the psu to mainboard,measure the +rails with respect to cold ground chassis,and measure the resistance readings,with psu disconnected and post them up here

Comment

could i use the GND in the connector itself as cold ground?

i have just thought of something,

this pcb uses multilayer, is it possible that the upper side didn't get contact with the part it was soldered to. i am saying that because i just noticed a cold jont on the upper side of a resistor i took out in order to test out of circuit.

Comment

Originally posted by s_henya View Post
                                        could i use the GND in the connector itself as cold ground?

i have just thought of something,

this pcb uses multilayer, is it possible that the upper side didn't get contact with the part it was soldered to. i am saying that because i just noticed a cold jont on the upper side of a resistor i took out in order to test out of circuit.
                                        yes

Comment

Working...
                                        X