Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony Bravia KDL-46XBR4 T-Con Compatability

Hi There All!

I am currently waiting for my Main board to arrive to see if it can solve the issue I have been having with my Sony Bravia KDL-46XBR4. I am preparing for the worst and want to find out my options in the even that this component does not fix my issue. The issue I am having is the TV sometimes turns on and when it does there are no issues at all. Other times (and most of the time) I will push the power button and the Sony light and the green light will turn on and there is no sound, screen, or backlight. After waiting for about 5 to 10 seconds the Sony light turns off and the green light turns into a red light that flashed 5 times (T-Con error). The reason I chose to replace the AU main board was because I could see visual areas of corrosion from some type of liquid damage. This only appeared on the main board though. I very thoroughly inspected all other components on in the tv and the only area that appeared to be damaged was the main-board. I replaced the capacitors in the area of corrosion and there was no change. In fact, the thing no longer turns on but hasnt really turned on the last couple days before I swapped the capacitors.

Now my question turns to the t-con, which is what the most obvious answer is for this televison. My TV has the following product numbers:

T-Con Board- 404652HHC8LV1.8 / LJ94-01954F
    Panel Number- LTY460HH-LH2
    Serial # 2-8026053

I know that Sony did not sell these t-cons separate from the panel, which makes it very difficult to find a reasonably priced one. I have come across them very occasionally but have been wanting to wait until i try the new main board which I got for really cheap from Shop Jimmy. What I need to know is if I could use the following:

- 404652FIX2HC6LV1.2 / LJ94-01953H T-Con Board (See Link http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-lj9...-con-board.htm )

I noticed on their website that both of these items list the same panel number and model number. I have also read in an old forum that these two products are interchangable electronically, but not mechanically (the heat sinks are different), but have received different answers from two different Shop jimmy employees(Click here for link to forum). One said yes and one said there is no substitute. My two questions are:

-can I use this other part since there are tons of them for sale?
    -If not, does anyone have access to one that is reasonably priced?

I may not need it if the main board fixes the issue, but I want to be thoroughly prepared since it kind of sux not having our living room tv operating :-)

Thanks for all you help and knowledge I truly appreciate it!

Tony
    Last edited by bigtony5858; 01-11-2014, 07:10 PM.

Re: Sony Bravia KDL-46XBR4 T-Con Compatability

Comment

I would trust SJ, and since you have verify with them as to which is the correct one, I would go for SJ, he also has good return policy. I never have any problems dealing with SJ at all since from when he first started the business.
      Never stop learning
      Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
      http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Ok thanks for you advice! Maybe I can try and call SJ again tomorrow and get another opinion from their technical crew. Does anyone have any experience with these t-cons?

Comment

Did you check the fuse on the T-CON ?

Comment

I have a t-con for a kdl-46xbr5 same set different color. If you run into trouble finding one let me know and you can have it for postage and it is a good one.

Comment

I would say the issue is most likely the T-con. I've had many of these same sets and fixed the issue with a new board. Often though oddly enough the fuse doesn't always blow.

Comment

Originally posted by splitcrete View Post
                I have a t-con for a kdl-46xbr5 same set different color. If you run into trouble finding one let me know and you can have it for postage and it is a good one.
                I really appreciate your consideration splitcrete! Is there any way that you could send me a picture of it by chance? and also will this fit my unit (with all the information above)? I would obviously be unbelieveably gracious and interested

I have checked the fuse and it looks good to me, but is there anything else on the t-con that I can check for the reason it has malfunctioned? I thoroughly looked this part over and it was literally like new. It did have a whole bunch of very weird clear liquid over it maybe some kind of circuit protectant??

Comment

Comment

Is this the t-con you need.
                    Attached Files

Comment

It needs a new fuse I tested it with a jumper of solder. TV Parts guy sent it to me with the bad fuse.

Comment

I noticed the fuse in your t-con didn't look blown is this a common thing? Also how can I test my fuse in my t-con?

The pic looks different from mine, but yours is the one I was thinking could be used as a replacement :-) If someone can tell me how to test my fuse then I can let you know :-)

Thank you again for your help splitcrete!

Tony

Comment

Do you have Ohm meter?
                          TV not plugged in.
                          Set meter to lowest Ohm scale, touch the two meter probes together and take the reading and write it down, then touch the probes of the meter to each end of the fuse, the reading should be about the same value you have written down.
                          Never stop learning
                          Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                          http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
                            Do you have Ohm meter?
                            TV not plugged in.
                            Set meter to lowest Ohm scale, touch the two meter probes together and take the reading and write it down, then touch the probes of the meter to each end of the fuse, the reading should be about the same value you have written down.
                            Ok I did that and both times it was .000 so I am guessing that my fuse is good :-) which is technically not good but still good that I could determine that haha

Splitcrete- I definitely am interested in the t-con board you mention! I think I will wait until I get my main board which is this Tuesday to for sure so I can make sure the main board does not fix it.

I still am concerned about the compatitibility of these t-cons, mainly because of the difference in cost and availibity. Also is there any way to test my LVDS cord and anything to check for on my UB1 and FB1 boards?

Thanks again everyone!

Comment

Comment

When you put the main board make sure it is warmed up to room temperature ,as condensation will fry your new one. Remember the old vcr s with the dew light.

Comment

Its official..... Its the T-Con :-(..... well not so much a sad face since now I know exactly what it is, but now the problem is finding a t-con that will work with my television. Anyone have an inside scoop for a place that would have the t-con that I need?

Splitcrete- I have been told by nearly every person I have asked that your model will not work unless you or someone else would know it would?? I'm thinking many of these people are saying this mainly because it does not show as a substitute part in their manuals. Any advice is greatly appreciate all you genius'

Thanks again!

Tony

Comment

You need a t-con that is compatible with your panel number.

Comment

Originally posted by splitcrete View Post
                                      You need a t-con that is compatible with your panel number.
                                      My Panel Number is LTY460HH-LH2. So if I find that the t-con LJ94-01953H is compatable with this panel number, but is not the same as the one that is currently in my unit it should work? I am not sure if the reason others are telling me that there are no substitutes for my t-con board are doing so because Sony was selling this as part of the panel and not seperately.

Comment

This is a picture of the labels on my panel if this can help anyone
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X