SONY KDL-40NX700 2 red led blink problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SONY KDL-40NX700 2 red led blink problem

When the power is turned on, a snapshot appears on the screen and it turns off. 2 red LEDs are flashing.

I disconnected the power module cable going to the main board. I threw a power on jumper with 3.3 v from outside. The relay is working and there is 12v and other voltages in the power socket.

Where else should I look? All fuses appear to be intact.

Check the service manual for that 2 blinks, i suspect backlight..

Comment

Hello,

This is what is stated in the manual.
      TWO Blinks---B+ over current protection (OCP) , unit goes to the standby
      mode then displays the 2 blink fault. Could be a short in the power supply of
      any of the circuits.

When turned on, the backlight turns on momentarily. Then everything shuts down. I tried to measure it with a voltmeter until it shut down. Something like 85v. The voltmeter cannot read quickly until the relay closes.

Comment

Try to disconnect the tcon and see if blinks becomes 5

Comment

yes, I didn't say Tcon Power. Then it blinking 5 times.

Comment

I also suspect the rear lush led bars. I want to be sure of dismantling everything.

Comment

I wrote it incorrectly. I also suspect the back light led bars. I want to be sure of dismantling everything.

Comment

If i remember these sets have edgelit leds these are older sets now i think 2010 era so my guess is bad leds

Comment

Yes. The device manufactured in 2010.

Comment

It's a 40 inch screen, you shouldn't have a problem taking it apart if you go slow and take your time, just treat the panel like a baby.

Comment

Don't run.. dismantling panel is always risky, test the tcon at bench with bench psu, check the various converters, or at least if psu goes protect mode..

Comment

Now I removed the panel. I tested the LED bars. LEDs on one side did not light up. There are 4 bars in total. Grouped in pairs of 2. I tested the double group of bars I tested one by one. 2 LEDs in one of the bars are faulty. I wonder if this is the source of the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by ozguven View Post
                          Now I removed the panel. I tested the LED bars. LEDs on one side did not light up. There are 4 bars in total. Grouped in pairs of 2. I tested the double group of bars I tested one by one. 2 LEDs in one of the bars are faulty. I wonder if this is the source of the problem.
                          yes once you replace the strips the tv should work fine again (i have just repaired a tv just one led had failed and caused no backlight at all)

Comment

OK. Thanks.
                            I will change it as soon as possible and share the result.

Comment

LED bars arrived today. I made the change and tested it. It works perfectly. Thanks to everyone who helped.

Comment

• vinceroger69
                                vinceroger69 commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Thats good to hear and another tv saved from landfill.
                            Working...
                            X