Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Technika LCD 19 DVDID-208 (Vestel)

Hello

Re Technika - inexpensive non working 19inch dvd tv lcd combo ( I believe it is made by Vestel)

I have a flat screen tv and thought that I would have an attempt at fixing it
    Symptoms - no life whatsoever except for the standby light which went from red to green when the power button is operated

My naive diagnosis was that it must be the power supply,,, therefore rushed out and ordered set of capacitors ( all 4 of the output ones) 3 had been replaced a couple of years ago - but bought all 4 plus there are two on the inverter board and one of those appeared to be bulging slightly so bought those as well

First repair attempt was to replace all those capacitors, 6 in total ...... result no more signs of life than before

So next checked output from power supply.....4 outlets 12v and 4 gnd I get 12v from each of these terminals ,(this may have been the case before replacing the caps as I did not check) there are no 5v outputs from the PSU board

I have discovered that there is 5v on the main board on some of the outlets

I have tried inserting a DVD disc into the player on the set – but no activity whatsoever

There does not appear to be image – however dark – on the screen, and no hum or anything from the speakers

The only sign of life is that the neon on the front goes from red to green when the power button is pressed

(I do not have the remote for this set at the moment)

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated as it becoming a bit of an obsession!

Thank you in advance

19" LCD TV RECIEVER
    Model x19/18 TCD-UK
    Model Ref Technika LCD 19 DVDID-208
    Model TEC-X19S18Z99G-848
    Power 100-240 50/60Hz 40w/1w

power supply FLYPW1-205B
    INVERTER FLY-IV190415
    MAIN (LTM190M2-L31 XW08010002) B TD707C 7462

The MAIN part number breaks down to LTM190M2-L31 - this is a Samsung LCD
    The B TD707C 7462 refers to the AV board made by Swisstec -
    Attached Files

Re: Technika LCD 19 DVDID-208 (Vestel)

Make sure you have all the connectors back in the right place.
    Make sure the caps are the right way round
    In Pic 2 next to the connector there is a small fuse with a T on it.
    First test to see if it is open then check the voltage on each side of it.
    Last edited by selldoor; 03-28-2013, 05:22 PM.
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

If you are getting a steady 12 volts from the power supply ( have you got a 12 volt car sidelight to see if produces 12 volts with a load) then you need to look at the main board.
      I can see a few voltage regulators - perhaps check them. This helpful guide by retiredcaps
      shows how to find, test and post the results.
      https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?p=261329
      Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair

Comment

Selldoor
        Thanks for your very quick reply, I am fairly happy about the polarity of the capacitors as I was very careful when fitting
        The leads I believe that they are in the correct sockets, as I had thought of this and for the ones that I have taken off there does not appear to be another option - but any suggestions appreciated
        BUT
        I have just tested the fuse and it is open and there is 12.2v on one side and (obviously I believe) 0 on the other

Suggestions?

Thanks again

Comment

Read this thread - its probably a 5amp 24 or 36v.
          Any 5 amp fuse will do for testing some have wired in a car fuse before now
          but take care - one fell off with disastrous results.

Comment

Selldoor
            I have done as you suggested checked voltage regulators and they appear to be close to spec and then fitted a car an inline 5 amp car fuse and it has sprung into life
            Many thanks

I still have a problem with some of the logic of setting it up without the remote and the DVD still seems dead, but it is very good to see a picture on it

Thanks again

Comment

Good! looks like you are getting there- as I said you should try and get a proper fuse, unless you want 10 then this looks like a good replacement though you should check the physical size
              http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3216FF5-R-...item20d0972ad9

If you can remove the dvd section and post pictures we might spot something to help

Comment

Hi Guys

I had a similar fault to that above but with no standby light either.

I found the output from the PSU was 4.8V, although when I diconnected the output plug their was 12V available...?

So, I initially thought it might be a fault on the main PCB dragging the output down, but gleaning what I could from the posts above and trying the car bulb test (fine with a 3W but nothing with a 21W), I then saw that two of the 1000uF electrolytic capacitors were 'domed' on their tops, whereas all other similar capacitors were flat.

So off I sped to my local Maplins and bought 2 replacements (74p each!), thinking that for only £1.48 it was worth a try. And, hey presto the TV is now alive and kicking! The CD player also works and I have gained many Brownie points from 'er indoors! Result :-)

Comment

Glad you managed to save another tv from the tip but we find Maplin capacitors arnt really ok for long lasting repairs though, if you can find some panasonic fm, fr or fc range i would change them for those.
                  http://cpc.farnell.com/

Comment

Thanks for that advice - appreciated. Although as I wrote above that the TV is now working fine, I have discovered that TEXT doesn't work on either the RED or TEXT buttons. Any ideas guys?

Comment

maybe there is no text to decode.

Comment

is there still a text service now we have switched from analouge to digital? ive not tried since the switch to be honest.

Comment

Yes there is a text service. I have 2 other TVs in my home which display text on BBC channels. They're all coming off a 4 o/p signal amp in the loft and no more than one TV is on at any one time, since the offspring left home!

Comment

have you tried a channel rescan? maybe this will help
                            online user manual here if you havnt got one it may help
                            Last edited by vinceroger69; 09-23-2015, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Thanks again for your tips. I have got the manual and just done a re-scan, but no change. As we know, text has only been available on BBC for some years now and I think my signal is too weak for this Technika to display it. Then again, even with a weak signal you normally get some sort of text, even if it's corrupted. Oh well, at least I've got TV reception and a working DVD, which I didn't have a week ago. :-)

Comment

Just to add, this appears to be a UMC set rather than Vestel.

Comment

i already knew that - i have one laying around here waiting for a power upgrade/bodge.

Comment

Originally posted by kandj1@talktalk.net View Post
                                    Thanks again for your tips. I have got the manual and just done a re-scan, but no change. As we know, text has only been available on BBC for some years now and I think my signal is too weak for this Technika to display it. Then again, even with a weak signal you normally get some sort of text, even if it's corrupted. Oh well, at least I've got TV reception and a working DVD, which I didn't have a week ago. :-)
                                    Did you ever resolve the Text fault? or can anyone else assist? - as I have the same model set, with no text & slow response to remote commands.
                                    I contacted UMC's help dept - it closely resembles a Choc teapot!
                                    Is there a hidden code to access it's country setting? UMC said it was "Menu 1147" but that does not work! I was wondering if that is the cause of no Text?

Comment

ignore the text and try to work out why response is slow - that's probably the key to it.
                                      there is atleast 2 switching psu circuits on the logic board that may have bad caps - that should start you in a good direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Acton-Hilton View Post
                                        Did you ever resolve the Text fault? or can anyone else assist? - as I have the same model set, with no text & slow response to remote commands.
                                        I contacted UMC's help dept - it closely resembles a Choc teapot!
                                        Is there a hidden code to access it's country setting? UMC said it was "Menu 1147" but that does not work! I was wondering if that is the cause of no Text?
                                        Have you put new batteries into the remote. Some TV only appear to accept the remote signals when the remote is pointing directly at the IR receiver of the set.
                                        Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Working...
                                        X