X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sanyo dp42848. No picture no sound?has anyone found the problem

Originally posted by tomstr View Post
    Here is the first step
    Ok meter set to 200 ohms to test pink fuse, you said 2000 i dont have 2000 setting, ground chassies at screw,probed -00.2

Comment

I'm am not being in a hurry..that's why I said I will wait!and I did post the results like you asked,,what did I miss?
      I am well known for being an extremely patient person but you are certainly testing me and I do wonder if my time would be better spent elsewhere. This was the second time I have asked to to list the voltages in this manner, a lot of members dont ask twice they move on to another thread.
      You said
      Pson-0.49-sgnd-0.00-5vsb-0.50-sgnd-0.00-12v-00.2-sgnd-00.0-24v-00.0.

I said: list the results in a column:
      pson = -0.49 Wrong? 4.9v?
      SGND = -0.00
      SGND = Missing
      +5VSB= -0.50 Wrong ? 5v?
      +5VSB= Missing
      SGND= -0.00
      SGND= Missing
      12V= -00.2 cant guess 0.2 2.0 20.0
      12V=Missing
      SGND=-00.0
      SGND= Missing
      24V-00.0
      24V Missing

13 pins 13 results
      +5vsb = and so on.

Had you done so the results would be a hell of alot easier to read and you may have spotted your listing errors - assuming they are error as that is now what you said many posts ago?
      Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Ok meter set to 200 ohms to test pink fuse, you said 2000 i dont have 2000 setting, ground chassies at screw,probed -00.2
        Well in the picture you posted when we said you did not have the meter set at 200vDC what setting did it show.? You have 200, 2k,20k,200k,2M and 200M. Ohms
        Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair

Comment

Anyway I concede that you do not have 24VDC.
          However what you need to see is if it is there initially.
          You will need three arms for this or someone to help( its easier in the UK as a lot of our wall plugs have switches.)
          With it all set up but not plugged in you need to probe the 24v pin and ground and keep it probed while you plug it in and still probing while you switch it on.
          This will check if the 24v came on at all then went off. (As it did in that Sanyo thread I asked you to read)
          (This could also have been achieved by wiring in the 2x12v bulbs Budm asked you to get.)

Comment

LOOK DUDE ENOUGH OF YOUR SMART MOUTH,MY METER IS WHAT IT SHOWS IT'S SET TO.WHAT YOU ASKED ME TO SET IT TOO,,,,,ANOTHER THING IM HAVEING A HARD TIME TRYING TO SET COLUMNS BECAUSE i DON'T USE A COMPUTER VERY OFTEN!AND YOU DON'T NEED TO HELP ME..ALSO FROM THE START I WAS RIGHT MY METER WAS SET RIGHT,,,,ALSO WHEN YOU TALK TO PEOPLE THAT WAY YOU GET POOR RESULTS,,,AND I LIKES USING CAPS BECAUSE I AM SHOUTING..YOU HAVE EMBRASSED YOURSELF AND THIS FOURM...I AM NOT A HICK..IM 48,YEARS OLD I AM A AUTO TECH,I CAN FIX ANY CAR ANY TIME ANY BRAND..LIKE YOUR INFO SAYS ON YOUR INFO...YOU SEE I DON'T BRAGG ABOUT MY BACK GROUND LIKE YOU..YOU KNOW I WILL FIX THIS PROBLEM WITH OR WITHOUT YOU..I WHOULD BE ASHAMED OF MYSELF IF I WERE YOU..TALKING TO PEOPLE THAT WAY..IF I DID THAT I WHOULD GET FIRED..ALSO MABEE YOU SHOULD GET A JOB GETTING PAID....

Comment

Originally posted by selldoor View Post
              anyway i concede that you do not have 24vdc.
              However what you need to see is if it is there initially.
              You will need three arms for this or someone to help( its easier in the uk as a lot of our wall plugs have switches.)
              with it all set up but not plugged in you need to probe the 24v pin and ground and keep it probed while you plug it in and still probing while you switch it on.
              This will check if the 24v came on at all then went off. (as it did in that sanyo thread i asked you to read)
              (this could also have been achieved by wiring in the 2x12v bulbs budm asked you to get.)
              yes i did probe the component while i turned the set on!

Comment

Chill out, I'm out of here... I give up! We have tried to be polite!
                Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

CHILL OUT YOU NEED TO REVERSE WHAT YOU JUST SAID..IT'S NOT ME IT'S YOU.. Were did I get upset? It was only after you lost your temper...

Comment

When did I loose my temper?

You just lost it a few posts ago, I have remained calm throughout.
                    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I want to thank all the people that have been nice enough to help me! A lot of people they get electronics such as me,like to try to repair them,and it's not that we are being cheap,just want to know how things tick,and with all the wasted things that us as Americans throw away everyday is a wast..and to know that forums like this is here too help FREE OF CHARGE..I thank EVERYONE..I know what thankless jobs we have,and we work at everyday..and you find a FOURM like this that SOME people like to take the time to help you out!some even sit down a draw out a circuit scamatics,too help now how many will do that?SO TOM66 THANKS FOR NOTHING WE WERE SOO CLOSE..some people will read this post and think man why did they get SOO close to fixing somthing and then SOMEONE MESSED IT ALL UP..SO IM GOING TO GET IT REPAIRED AT A SHOP ...AND WILL REPORT THE FINDINGS..I WILL HOLD MY END OF THE BARGIN..give me a few days for the results ..once again thank you
                      Last edited by tomstr; 12-02-2012, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                        When did I loose my temper?

You just lost it a few posts ago, I have remained calm throughout.
                        #182. Read this one. #165 #176
                        Last edited by tomstr; 12-02-2012, 02:34 PM.

Comment

#182. Read this one
                          I may be mistaken but I am not selldoor. And he has been more than patient with you.

Comment

I may be mistaken but I am not selldoor. And he has been more than patient with you.
                            sorry my bad

Comment

i may be mistaken but i am not selldoor. And he has been more than patient with you.
                              you must not be reading the same post that i am...man this is classic

Comment

Ok took my tv to a repair shop..found out it was the power supply,the windings were bad and a couple of caps. The shop even let me solder the caps in.they also told me that i was using my meter the right way..SO THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP..AND TOM IM SORRY I HAD YOU MIXED UP WITH SELLDOOR..AND WHO EVER MADE THE DRAWINGS OF THE CIRCUIT THANKS..NO HARD FEELINGS SELDOOR OR HOW EVER U SAY IT!forgive me of my spelling..

Comment

The winding tested good. No caps were failed -- at least, not as far as the TV would be concerned.

Very confused right now!
                                  Last edited by tom66; 12-03-2012, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Ok again tested circuit t.1 set meter at 200 ohms NOT 200k ohms is 00.9 on 12-13 and 00.9 on 12-14 IS THAT WHAT YOU NEED?
                                    On POST 43 I requested the reading of the windings. And the result was shown above. I made the drawing.
                                    Never stop learning
                                    Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                    http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

It is what it is sorry

Comment

It is a story, that is what it is. How did you fix the bad windings on the transformer? I guess you would have to unwind it -- good luck!

Comment

Yes, I sure like to know how the winding is fixed or if the board is working now.
                                          Never stop learning
                                          Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                          http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Working...
                                          X