Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sanyo dp42848. No picture no sound?has anyone found the problem

Originally posted by johnboy1313 View Post
    To the original poster. At this point, it may be time to pull back and rethink things. I recently got a little over anxious and turned a few dollar fix into a 50 dollar fix all because I wanted to get out of my comfort zone without taking time to research. You may be better off storing this thing and keeping an eye on Craigslist for the same tv with a cracked panel for cheap. That way, you will have all of the boards to swap out one at a time until it is working. At that point, you may be able to recover some of your investment parting out what is left. Good luck.
    Thanks for the comment,you are right step back is what i need to do.craigslist is were i got this tv,free so i love fixing things,i want to know what is causing the problem.
    Last edited by tomstr; 12-01-2012, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by drpj23 View Post
      You need a 24V, 8-10A power supply... if you have one, then provide 24V and connect INV-ON to 5VDC and DIM to 5VDC. [per TOM66]

I guess your friend didn't say anything new?

If you want to test your meter you have a reference with your powersupply for 24v.....at least human error is almost completely ruled out that way.
      Am i measuring a/c volts or d/c volts for my 24 volt voltage?i have been setting my meter to d/c

Comment

Originally posted by tomstr View Post
        Am i measuring a/c volts or d/c volts for my 24 volt voltage?i have been setting my meter to d/c
        . Left upper on meter d/c v
        Attached Files

Comment

Wrong setting!!! Set to DC200V (the dashed and solid line.)
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

No wonder why we are not getting correct reading.
            Never stop learning
            Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
            http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

The picture of the meter shows ohms thats not were i set it too this picture of the meter is a stock picture of my meter,the setting when testing WAS SET TO D/C 200. So i was reading the meter correctly!so i will check the volts and send a pic of the meter with the setting before i start testing again..

Comment

Ok I'm ready do you want me to take the board out and start from square 1.i have the pics of the marked circuits?AND WHAT DO YOU WANT MY METER SET TO?

Comment

Hello!!

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                    Wrong setting!!! Set to DC200V (the dashed and solid line.)
                    Can anyone help me today. Sunday?just thought i whould ask if not my day off is tuesday

Comment

I am really completely lost now.

Do you or do you not have 24V?
                      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

No I have tried every meter setting no 24 volts should I start from step 1 or?

Comment

Here is my meter setting
                          Attached Files

Comment

I back probe the the wires while there plugged in,turn on the tv and 0 volts at 24v side of plug.

Comment

This is a pic of how i test

Comment

Meter
                                Attached Files

Comment

Another pic

Comment

Here is the meter results
                                    Attached Files
                                    Last edited by tomstr; 12-02-2012, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Your attachments are failing?
                                      Not often Tom gets in a twist.
                                      ok fresh start - check meter ohms 200 touch probes
                                      reading +?

tv connected and all set up powered on
                                      meter on 200vdc black probe on ground screw in corner of power board where it says made in china and the socket CN2
                                      With the red probe test each pin and list the results in a column:
                                      pson =
                                      sgnd =
                                      sgnd =
                                      +5vsb = and so on.

Answer the next part in a new reply post.

Did you test the "Pink" fusible resistors for continuity
                                      Meter on Ohms 200 probe on each end.

Answer the next part in a new reply post.

Did you read the link in post24 problem was very similar and it was on a sanyo
                                      It will show you that even if the fault IS known it cannot Always be fixed - I think in that case the OP cut that bit of the circuit out and used something else.

Also do not refer to a component as a circuit if you do not know what it is ask and/or refer to it as a component. Otherwise it is quite confusing.
                                      Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
                                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Ok step 1

Comment

Here is the first step
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X