X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Power supply build quality pictorial

Attached Files
    days are so short when you actually do something..

Comment

Touch SP9627 (50W)
      Has overvoltage (SCR crowbar) and overtemperature protection (made in 1997 with no +3.3V rail).
      Tosin LG2 Series 400V 100uF main capacitor with the rest being Jamicon TK Series.
      3300uF 10V and 1000uF 16V before +5V output inductor wint 1000uF 16V after it.
      1000uF 16V before +12V output inductor with 220uF 25V after it .
      100uF 25V before and after -12V and -12V regulators.
      220uF 25V before +5VSB regulator and 100uF 25V after it.
      Delta cooling fan.

Unbranded 200W AT unit (UNNA-230A on PCB, made in 1993)
      220uF 200V primary JP CE-TUR capacitors; the rest are GPE units (Anyone else seen GPE units?).
      1000uF 16V on +12V rail
      1000uF 10V x2 on +5V rail
      220uF 16V Jamicon TK each on -5V and -12V rails
      Non-approved capacitors used as X and Y class units .
      Attached Files
      My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

Enermax Eg365p-ve

ENERMAX EG365P-VE

Not sure if this one has been posted before, think some thing similar may have

This Supply replaced the Macase PSU and has been in service for aprox 5 years.
        (probably really due for recap)

I have known this thing to hold the computer (AMD socket A GB recapped MB) for about a second when the mains dies and come back on
        (think they are switching phases)

Mains DC filter caps are
        Hatachi 820 uF 200 Volt
        (forgot to write down if it was 85C or 105 C doh!)

The rest are CE-TUR

bit hard to tell but think the following values, didn't really try and tell which rails

3300 uf 16V x1
        3300 uF 10V x2
        2200uF 10V x2
        1000 uF 10V x2

330 uf 16V x2
        100 uf 16 x1

Few misc caps of course

chip UC 3842 hiding under mains wires (near fan) do pdf search on it if you want to know more
        LM 339 I think was there somewhere too.
        whats on the heat sinks a bit hard to tell

Dood great idea this post Thanks

Hope this helps someone further down the track , Cheers all
        Attached Files
        Last edited by starfury1; 12-01-2006, 07:51 AM.
        You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you may be swept off to." Bilbo Baggins ...

Comment

Coba Power Supply
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Togepi; 12-02-2006, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Nmb 460w
            Attached Files

Comment

Kobian Mercury ATX PSU, model KOB AP4400XA.
              HEC caps on the input, "F" (planet logo) caps on the output.

Died after 8 months of service - note the vented cap by the fan.
              PC it was in kept rebooting occasionally, sometimes doing a 'bad memory' error beep code from the BIOS, and made a high-pitched squeal (like a CRT TV) when in standby mode.

I've also enclosed the best picture I could get of the F-Planet logo; did we ever identify these?

Also, I disconnected the PFC (mounted to the top case) to take these photos, rest assured it DID originally have one
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Tom41; 12-15-2006, 01:18 PM. Reason: Uploaded wrong pictures ;)
              You know there's something wrong when you open your PC and it has vented Rubycons...

Comment

Here is the Minebea SMPS PSU: SPW1562

1. The case

2. The AC inlet

3. The internal view

4. The Output LPF

5. The ASIC controller

6. The reservoir Cap (input)

7. The line filter X-Cap (Panasonic)

This is perhaps made by LiteOn (OEM), as the LiteOn logo is seen on the PCB (picture 7).

Comment

Built in July of 1999. If that's an NMB fan, that'll probably put out its full rated 200W for a long time. Appropriately sized heatsinks and O/P transformer and nice beefy bridge rectifier and O/P rectifiers (Lite On brand perchance?). Heavy metal is goodness.
                  PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
                  To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Wowo, look at that copper heatspreader at the main switching transistor awsome.

Comment

Good eye, gonzo. The switch devices are also in TO-3P packages, much better thermally than TO-220 devices. Of the O/P rectifiers, the one nearest the camera in the one pic is a TO-3P, the center one is TO-247 (thermally similar to TO-3P), and the far one is a TO-220 device (probably the +12V rectifier).
                      Heavy metal is goodness.
                      PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
                      To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

It's been a while since I contributed to this thread, but here's a 560W Silverstone ST56ZF, aka Etasis EPAP-560. Caps are Nichicon, Rubycon, and Teapo. Very heavy PSU.

Teapos on the secondary for 3.3v and 5v.

One of three identical primary Nichicon main filter caps.

Rubycon for the 12v, hidden too far in there to make out which series.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Oklahoma Wolf; 01-05-2007, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Trans-Am TA-300 (can anyone identify its wattage?) from the late 80s.

Non-approved X and Y class units.
                          Rubycon 220uF 200V CEW primaries.
                          Rubycon 1000uF 16V CEW on +12V rail.
                          Rubycon 2200uF 10V YK before and after output inductor on +5V rail.
                          Small value capacitors have brands Sowa, TMC, Huder and NKL.
                          +5V rectifier is 15A, with the +12V rectifier having a current rating of 3A
                          MJE13008 primary switching transistors.
                          Attached Files
                          My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

Astec's custom built TEC power unit. Looks pretty solid. Full of UCC/NCC and Nichion caps.

Q6700 @ 3.6 GHz
                            Zippy GSM-6600P
                            Curcial Ballistix PC6400 (4 x 1Gb) Micron D9GMH
                            Abit IP35Pro
                            ATi HD4870

Comment

Guess which unit we have here?

Q6700 @ 3.6 GHz
                              Zippy GSM-6600P
                              Curcial Ballistix PC6400 (4 x 1Gb) Micron D9GMH
                              Abit IP35Pro
                              ATi HD4870

Comment

Originally posted by Super Nade
                                Guess which unit we have here?
                                Is it a 450-500W Antec SmartPower?

Comment

sun pro "400" watt.
                                  i repaired this one.
                                  repair tool also shown.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

dalco 400
                                    note cheong wah on board.
                                    this one will also be "repaired" by dr.glock.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

TGR 250W PSU Model No. FV-250N26

Lead Year/TigerPower manufacturer.

circa 2002 build date, been powering a Micron PC w/ 1.1 GHz Tualatin core.
                                      All caps are Fuhjyyu! None appear leaking, and unit working. Been running for 4 years at a state health department! The fan is relatively high CFM and noisy.
                                      Lived in a well ventilated case.
                                      Maybe that's why the crap caps haven't 'jiffy-popped' yet.

“We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful.
                                      We have done so much, with so little, for so long, we are now qualified to do anything, with nothing.”

Comment

InWin/PowerMan (Fortron) FSP250-60GTA.
                                        I believe there are also identical PSU's sold under the Sparkle and AOpen brands with the same model number.

I have 4 of these, this one I suppose is the worst because it's putting out -16V on the -12V line. This one has 3 leaking YEC 3300uF 10V caps, so I'll probably replace those. The others also have some bulged caps, only 1 of them appears to be perfect, but I didn't actually open it.

Weight including the cables and the whole casing is 3# 1-1/8oz. That should be 1.39kg if I did the conversion right.

I have 2 of these on Asus P2B-F's, and 1 crammed into a Gateway 433c with Intel FJ440ZX motherboard. The other has been used for random testing and apparently the -12V line got hurt somehow.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Hey, I have the same Powerman 250W. All 4 of the YEC caps in mine leaked. I believe the fact that the fan is thermistor controlled might have added to the problem. It must have overheated the caps when the fan is barely turning.
                                          Mine came from an Inwin S500 midtower.
                                          Deciding whether to toss it or recap it. Must source the small YEC cap equivalent.
                                          “We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful.
                                          We have done so much, with so little, for so long, we are now qualified to do anything, with nothing.”

Comment

Working...
                                          X