Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony VPCSB (MBX-237) dead after bios flash

Originally posted by silvernadal View Post
    Hello, my name is dani and also I have problems with this board. You speak of pu9 but I can not find it, I know it's the at5208-3.3ker, but I where they locate on the plate?
    Thank you very much
    Is probably, that this component had been removed, and manufacturer had substitute this circuit with another one. (it probably depends on the revision of motherboard)

Comment

Here's another reference thread that can help the rest of you.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=29549

Comment

He encontrado estas medidas del sn608098 y deberian ser las buenas, los pines que no salen a tierra miden 0v. :

pin 4- 3,29v
        pin 5- 3,29v
        pin 6- 19,4v
        pin 9- 0,4v
        pin 10- 0,4v
        pin 11- 0,06v
        pin 13- 0,05v
        pin 14- 2,07v
        pin 15- 0,36v
        pin 16- 0,4v
        pin 17- 0,19v
        pin 20- 0,03v
        pin 24- 1,82v
        pin 25- 0,57v
        pin 26- 2,08v
        pin 27- 2,08v
        pin 30- 0,5v.

Comment

He encontrado estas medidas del sn608098 y deberian ser las buenas, los pines que no salen a tierra miden 0v. :

On pin 7 there must be +5VALW_LDO, as its name mention, ALW= always. (siempre)
          Regards.

Comment

Hello.
            Thanks for the help.
            I can not have the 3.3v or 5v. Only I have 19v on pin 4 and 6 of sn0608098, which surprises me that the measure in dcbatout irfh3707 or in sir460dp is 0v, or the terminals that connect to docking db 0v too. This means that I have a short dcbatout or this later. I already change the capacitor from here that was in short.
            Excuse me for my english.
            Thank you very much.

Comment

http://i42.tinypic.com/2nlg2vb.jpg

Hello.
              I have made this scheme sn0608098 of pin 3, 19 and 7.
              You could say me if itĀ“s okay?

Thanks.

Comment

Hello.
                I let this plate stop and now I've started again.
                I changed the mec1609, sir460 and a capacitor, they were wrong.
                I have already tensions VALW +3, +5 VALW, + EVCC, pwrsw # _db, pwrsw, system_vref3.
                In the power button I have 5v in mind 3v, is this normal?
                The plate still does not start, it does nothing, it could be that I have the wrong bios or will be another failure?
                Thanks, I hope not to be heavy.

Comment

If the bios is wrong its possible that voltages are not generated so the laptop is dead, if you had an osciloscope you could measure at the bios pin that data is flowing.

Comment

can you please attach bios file.
                    i badly need it.

thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Francisco.s View Post
                      Try to reprogram this modded BIOS again.
                      There's no power-on secuence on the schematic, so it's difficult to follow voltages.
                      Can you share this BIOS file?

Comment

Sorry I don't, I didn't have a programmer before. What I did was to download the original BIOS from Sony using the model number (VPC**** or PCG****).

Comment

Try this maybe: http://translate.google.com/translat...121GL-%284M%29

Comment

it was not bios, it worked, and know it doesn't work anymore, bad contact in flex cable between mobo and powerboard?

Comment

I don't know, I can't see which connectors they are.

Yes, if you saw a flash or a blink, probably you made a short-circuit and burnt the SN0608098RHBR. you should change it.
                              Pin 7 is located near PC205, the one in the green rectangle.
                              Always check voltages in components connected to pins, not in the pin, it is safe.
                              hi
                              How did you know the name of the item PC205, which is not located on the main board
                              THANKS

Comment

Originally posted by osama31 View Post
                                hi
                                How did you know the name of the item PC205, which is not located on the main board
                                THANKS
                                It is connected to pin 7 of PU121 (SN0608098RHBR) (page 62, MBX-237 Ver030)

Comment

Hi,

I'm also trying to repair a Sony VPCSB in my own thread, and I noticed you people are also missing CNX-458 schematics.

Big thanks to atsio, who shared this with me.

Njoy!
                                  Attached Files
                                  Galaxy S6 Edge x2 (Gold&White)
                                  Asus GL552VW-i7 6700HQ|GTX 960M|15.6"FHD|16GB DDR4|512GB M.2 SSD+1TB SSD
                                  Clevo W230SD - i7 4710MQ|GTX960M|13"QHD+|16GB DDR3L|500GB+256GB mSATA SSD+1TB HDD

Try Harder!

Comment

It is connected to pin 7 of PU121 (SN0608098RHBR) (page 62, MBX-237 Ver030)
                                    very thanks
                                    but i need to know the names of the items on the mother board or how did you know it .
                                    I am very sorry for my many questions

Comment

I get a sony MBX-237 motherboard from http://www.buymotherboard.net/sony-m...ard-p-957.html, but i don't know how to assemble it, anyone can help please. URGENT!!!!!!!!!

Comment

watch this youtube video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHmxg7VIx3Y
                                        its not a easy one for a beginner, take extra care with ribbons, they are easily damaged, just go slowly, you will get there in the end
                                        another that may help, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbxFq-m6t40
                                        and another, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMfAzXeHaGU
                                        there is plenty more on there
                                        Last edited by trebo; 04-12-2014, 08:26 AM. Reason: more info

Comment

Originally posted by Learn2Day View Post
                                          Hi,

I'm also trying to repair a Sony VPCSB in my own thread, and I noticed you people are also missing CNX-458 schematics.

Big thanks to atsio, who shared this with me.

Njoy!
                                          Thank you! I fixed mine thanks to your schematic, the power IC wasn't receiving any power in pin 6 (VIN) so I checked the power board and a fuse was open, I replaced it with a 0 ohm resistor and it works now.

Comment

Working...
                                          X