Epox 8RDA Recaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epox 8RDA Recaps

I have epox 8RDA ... many badcaps ...major caps is GSC. few Teapo and Sulycon??.. i want try to recaps... coz my system restart frequently..
    anyone have sugestion for my recaps project..?

Re: Epox 8RDA Recaps

I know 8RDA/8RDA+ PCB Ver1.x have using the following caps, because i have recapped so many 8RDA series.
    6 x 3300uF 6.3v D10mm
    4 x 2200uF 10v D10mm
    5 x 1500uF 6.3v D10mm
    9 x 1000uF 6.3v D8mm
    7 x 470uF 16v D8mm

If you are outside US/Canada, shoot me a PM. Otherwise, you can contact badcaps.net/Top Cat for getting a solution.
    My SAMXON Capacitors Database HERE!!

X-CON is a new brand for SAMXON's Polymer Capacitors.

Comment

the pictures is :... i need advise... what best caps replacement that i use for epox..? ..are TEAPO is good? on my board teapo not bugging... GSC is weak..thanks for advise.
      Attached Files

Comment

Well, read the FAQ and you will probably find out, that we usually suggest one o fthe folowing brands and series:

Panasonic FC, FM, FK, FJ
        Rubycon ZL, ZLG, MBZ, MZC
        Sanyo WG
        Nichicon (don`t know their series) but not the HM(N) series.

Some members here have great succes with Samxon too, but as Samxon are not that wiedely known for a long time, there is no longtime experience with them.

Dependent on the avaliability i would suggest some Panasonic FMs or FC`s for all caps. If you want to improove the board far beyond the specs as it was new (e.g. to archive an higher OC), use Panasonic FM for all inputcaps ( those 4 big GSC ones ) and Rubycon MCZ or Samxon GA for the outputcaps ( the Teapos near the coils).
        All the other caps you can use Panasonic FM.
        I would replace all caps, especially those TEAPOS too. They are crappy too, and can fail without any sign. So if you want to do a lasting rpair replace any bad caps =>470uF.
        If you want to make it perfect, replace any cap.

Comment

Adding to what gonzo posted, Nichicon HD, HE, HZ series usually OK; avoid HM and HN series, as they had a defective batch a couple of years ago, and those parts are likely still in distribution or brokers. Also UCC/NCC KY, KZE, KZH series are good. With Rubycon, YXH and ZLH series are also good; per Rubycon's 2007 paper catalog (got one yesterday), they will stop taking orders for ZA and MBZ series in 9/08.
          PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
          To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

I used Panasonic FC, FM, and Chemicon KY to do my 8RDA. Ran out of caps so I left the Sanyo ones by the CPU socket alone (you have something else there I'd replace though).

Comment

thanks for advise i will try to find the caps...hard to find in my county (yogya indonesia) ...

Comment

caps are available in indonesia. pm yanz he will tell you where to buy them.
                capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

Recap is definitely a good idea. For longer run in future, u might need a good power supply.

Comment

hard to find and no comments from yans...i think he's not active read my help message... i use the used caps from other mobos ..i choose Sanyo WG in 5 x 1500uF 6.3v D10mm & 6 x 3300uF 6.3v D10mm and Panasonic FJZ [cmiiw] in 9 x 1000uF 6.3v D8mm... and the last thing i can't found is 4 x 2200uF 10v D10mm .... but I have KZG 2200uF 6.3v D10mm with different volt n high.... what happen if i use 6.3v in mobos? thanks for respons....
                    Last edited by ferynov; 01-09-2007, 04:25 PM. Reason: edit

Comment

You can use those 6.3v caps without any problem. There is simply no voltage between 12v nd 5v in a usuall PC system. There are other reasons, why the vendor initially used 10v caps.

Comment

Thanks gonzo....i have been tried with no problem... my project successfull ! thanks ...

Comment

ferynov, Yanz said he appologize for not replying your pm. He has a list of shops that provide good caps in bandung, indonesia:

http://forum.oprekpc.com/viewtopic.php?t=6232

He would also like to ask you to add a list of shop in yogya that provide good caps, as there are still many user in indonesia that need those list..

Originally posted by yanz
                          hi, fery.. salam kenal. maaf banget pm-nya ga sempat kebales karena ada kejadian yg ga diharepin yg bikin saya ga sempat nyentuh internet berminggu2. salah seorang keluarga saya termasuk dalam korban kecelakan hilangnya pesawat adam air dan banyak hal yg terjadi yg membuat saya tidak bisa membagi perhatian secukupnya untuk forum badcaps ini.

untuk diskusi lebih lanjut, kalau anda mau, silakan bergabung dengan forum oprekpc krn banyak rekan2 lain yg juga berada dalam masalah yg sama spt ini, dan beberapa dr mereka bisa membantu. dan saya akan sangat berterima kasih kalau anda mau menambahkan juga daftar toko yg menyediakan caps di yogya.

salam,
                          yanz

Comment

thanks Anna, i don't know that Yanz message me before.

Comment

Hi,
                              I also have 9 caps to replace on this mobo- 4 2200uF 10v and 5 500uF 6.3v. How do I contact Topcat for solutions? I am in the States btw.

Comment

Request repair service from Topcat
                                Request capacitor kit from Topcat

Comment

aha. thank you

Comment

I found some of the caps I need, but, as I am a cap noob, I am unsure if these will work. In the FAQ section, they mentioned United chemcom as being acceptable, but they did not mention this series as being acceptable. They are
                                    KMG series

Are these ok? It is hard to find a place to buy in small amounts, but this place (that was in the faq seems to allow small purchases, which is nice

edit: the way the faq reads makes me think that the named models under ucc are the bad ones.. is this correct?

edit: which of these would be best for 2200 10v?
                                    Last edited by Alladinsane; 02-14-2007, 04:24 PM.

Comment

i dont see anything good there
                                      best to get from digikey (catalogue page 1266 Panasonic FM)

Comment

ok, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                        X