More Ebay Rubycon Fakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Ebay Rubycon Fakes

Someone sent me an iMac board to repair and included their own caps, which they purchased off Ebay.... These are the worst MCZ fakes I've ever seen!! Everyone out there who thinks the ebay grass is greener, wait till you see these!!!

I'll have pics up shortly!

Pics added!

The package they came in:

The bunch:

Cheap knockoffery

Compared to a real one...... They didn't even try to make these look real.

Vents.... Real rubycon and its trusty "K" vent:

thats what the datecode should look like:

Real bung versus a cheap fake one:

These were the worst fakes ever, they didn't even try to make them look real. I'm working on getting the username of the seller, but I'm sure the seller is one of many....
    Attached Files
    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
    Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
    http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Team : 49813
    Join in!!
    Team Stats

Re: More Ebay Rubycon Fakes

Comment

ahhhhh the suspense.. its killing me...

PS.. Do they have pink and purple poka dots??? That would at least make them pretty..

:p

Comment

ahhh feebay.
        land of scammers and counterfeiters!

Comment

Ah, I can't wait to see these!

"Roobyconz"

Comment

I've gotten alot of good deals off e-bay not on electronic components of course I only order them from reputable distributors.

If you don't keep your wits about you though you can be screwed beyond belief.

Like the guys selling Harbor Freight tools at a huge markup by removing the case stickers .

Can't wait for the pics you mean they're not Rulycons?
            Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either.

Comment

Did ya forget to charge your camera?
              Find Nedry!

Check the Vending machines!!

<----Computer says I need more beer.

Comment

rouxbeecaun? thats the most obscure way of spelling "rubycon i can think of.

or maybe rubycon in times new roman with + vents and flat bungs?

when will people learn why ebay + caps= epic fail fakes?
                sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

They are not all fakes, but a lot are. but the same thing can be said about batteries.. Maxell's coin style batteries come in a hologram printed back. most maxell brand coin style batteries that are sold on ebay have a cardboard paper regular print back.. china knockoffs printing the maxell name on it is all that they are.. but people dont look at things like that.. they see.. ooooohhh maxell.. and their cheap.. give me!!! which at the end gives maxell a bad name because those knock offs, I have read, have a much smaller Mah rating so when they go bad or dead quicker, people start to think that maxell have crap batteries and there are no difference between them and cheap ones.. The last time I checked, only about 1 out of every 15 or 20 listings actually had legit maxell brand batteries.. They may be scarce but their are legit sellers out there on ebay.. you just have to watch..

Comment

Originally posted by ratdude747
                    or maybe rubycon in times new roman with + vents and flat bungs?
                    i'm still waiting for Comic Sans markings to show up.
                    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken

Comment

pics added to original post. Sorry it took so long, I got sidetracked yesterday.
                      <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
                      Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
                      http://folding.stanford.edu/
                      Team : 49813
                      Join in!!
                      Team Stats

Comment

they sure didnt put much effort into those fakes!

Comment

Wow. Those + vents and "MCZ" text variances are a dead giveaway.

Thanks for the pics Topcat!

Comment

How about running some tests on these to see if at least they are in spec?
                            "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

I say over volt them, and watch them explode... but they belong to his customer.

Comment

i doubt the customer wants them back... it is not like c hegge sent the board... he would want them as firecrackers...
                                sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Who's the real maker of those fakes?

Comment

Originally posted by larrymoencurly
                                    Who's the real maker of those fakes?
                                    They're definitely not OST or Teapo, even they have more dignity than that. CapXon maybe? Though I don't know if I've ever seen a CapXon with a bung like that.
                                    "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

Originally posted by ratdude747
                                      it is not like c hegge sent the board... he would want them as firecrackers...
                                      I sure would
                                      I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

I dont know. The OSTs on my Biostar board have the top vent cut so hard they almost look like they are bulging, when new. Just like those. Who knows really though.

Comment

Working...
                                        X