Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

echo star "480w".just when you thought you had seen it all...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

echo star "480w".just when you thought you had seen it all...

this pile of shit shows up.
    note the tiny board.missing parts,fuhkyuu caps,and wait for it..

dummy weights!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by kc8adu; 01-03-2009, 10:37 AM.

Re: echo star "480w".just when you thought you had seen it all...

priceless!

Comment

LOL
      "No serviceable components inside" just got a new meaning!

Most awsome PSU evvar!
      "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

if they keep this up they can simply say "no components inside"

Comment

here comes the recession
          capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

>dummy weights!

fuckin' excellent!
            i was wondering if they were gonna say one day
            "huhm...good psus are heavy, so why the hell not!"

just lol!
            oh yeah, it's seems extra weight is glued!
            priceless indeed!

they really are worth their weight....in laughs!

Comment

The glued weights ... I keep laughing everytime I see that picture. Truly failblog.org worthy.
              And look at that +5vsb mosfet. I've seen bigger transistors on cheap toy RC cars!
              But at least you have a voltage switch (FYI, my L&Cs just have a "220v only" stickers), plus I see 4 Teapo caps there - you have to give them some credit for that... although without any filtering on the primary, they will be screwed pretty soon.
              Details aside, it's indeed priceless. You should send it to Jonnyguru for a test - what if it really makes it to the label specifications?

Comment

Looks like a 250 W at best! Maybe 300 W. Definitely not a 480 W! Look at the +12 V amp rating!
                ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Wow. That's "better" than the new 400w PowMax I keep around for a joke. (Or to sell to someone I don't like)

Where's the bridge rectifier on that 480w wonder?

I thought that teenie little primary side diodes like the one visible between the primary cap and heatsink were limited to maybe 150w. On a good day, and arranged so that they stand off the board so they could get some air on them.
                  I say it went boom under 100w.

It is obviously a rebadged First Regency Asian Union Duet Corporation unit (F.R.A.U.D corp)

Have fun!
                  Keri

PS. Oh! I broke the code! That there "480w" rating is a typo! It should read "480Mw" for MARKETING watts.

PPS. 400w PowMax for sale!
                  The More You Learn The Less You Know!

Comment

You have no faith!!!

This PSU can sustain 480W load... for 1nS

On the label they didn't write 480W forever...

I have never seen a PC PSU with such small board as this one.

Originally posted by kc8adu
                    if they keep this up they can simply say "no components inside"
                    You know less components reduce the risk of failure, what is missing can't break

Ciao
                    Gianni
                    "In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins...Not through strength, but through persistence."
                    H. J. Brown

Comment

They must have labeled it wrong. It's probably a 480 mW PSU.

It says "Do not remove the cover under any circumstances". Then people might find out they got royally hosed on their PSU purchase.
                      Last edited by Silentbob; 01-05-2009, 05:33 AM.

Comment

i'd say 48.0W combined max. peak lol

Originally Posted by Gianni
                        I have never seen a PC PSU with such small board as this one.
                        looks like they just put a ITX "power supply" into a standard ATX PSU casing.. lol

Comment

I used one of those PowerMax cases to build one in the past. I may have posted about it here on this forum before. Anyway the "PSU" didn't last three months. Caps took a crap. The system had two DVD burners, a modem, and maybe a LAN card in it. Pure Junk!
                          "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
                          Mark Twain

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way."
                          John Paul Jones

There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.
                          Rod Serling

Comment

Originally posted by Junk Parts
                            I used one of those PowerMax cases to build one in the past. I may have posted about it here on this forum before. Anyway the "PSU" didn't last three months. Caps took a crap. The system had two DVD burners, a modem, and maybe a LAN card in it. Pure Junk!
                            you mean powmax?
                            good name to see on fireworks not on computer parts!

Comment

Is it a toy? A 48.0 W psu

Zandrax
                              Have an happy life.

Comment

Looking it up, lowest price I could find was $15. And as usual, people with little knowledge about PSUs will buy it and think they got a 480W PSU at a bargain price. :S

Comment

Originally posted by Silentbob
                                  Looking it up, lowest price I could find was $15. And as usual, people with little knowledge about PSUs will buy it and think they got a 480W PSU at a bargain price. :S
                                  FIFTEEN DOLLARS? That's BEFORE the $20 mail-in Rebate right?

There's one born every minute!

Actually, I saw not one but two (suckers) once at Tiger Direct.... a couple of guys were looking over a "Diabolo" case with "450w" PSU.... for $29! There was a great deal of discussion about who gets to keep the PSU!

Going halves on a $29 case?

Have Fun,
                                  Keri
                                  The More You Learn The Less You Know!

Comment

Originally posted by KeriJane
                                    FIFTEEN DOLLARS? That's BEFORE the $20 mail-in Rebate right?

There's one born every minute!

Actually, I saw not one but two (suckers) once at Tiger Direct.... a couple of guys were looking over a "Diabolo" case with "450w" PSU.... for $29! There was a great deal of discussion about who gets to keep the PSU!

Going halves on a $29 case?

Have Fun,
                                    Keri
                                    if i order a cheap case for a customer who insists on it for the looks i request the vendor to remove and keep the psu.
                                    they are not worth the cost to ship as there is not much metal to recycle!
                                    only value in most of the cheapies is to take it apart,laugh,and post the pics here!

Comment

Originally posted by kc8adu
                                      only value in most of the cheapies is to take it apart,laugh,and post the pics here!
                                      The fans and ferrite coils are probably the most worthwhile parts. Of course it's hard to find any ferrite coils in cheap PSU and fans are only good for case fans as they can't push much air. If you collect 5 cheap PSUs, maybe you'll have enough parts to complete one, and even then the PSU still won't have SC, OPP, and other protections.

By the way, I have a 75 watt Mitac PSU from a Compaq Pressario. Has 5x the components of that "Echostar", and 2x bigger PCB, with Delta fan. Too bad it's an AT PSU.
                                      Last edited by momaka; 01-06-2009, 03:08 PM.

Comment

They must have bought it here:
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X