This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello all. I am a retired Marine, with over 15 years working on radars, and 5 years on computers. I consider myself a above average technician when it comes to most things electrical. I enjoy fixing "stuff". Doesn't really matter what it is, if it is broke I will look at it. It will either get fixed or it will still be broke, but I will have learned something. Sometimes, that is not to touch that item again! I like to, at least, try to fix it, before just throwing it out and getting a new one; doesn't matter what "it" is.
    Looking forward to learning and helping here on this forum.

Comment

Hi, newbie here. Trying to figure out why my monitor died on me. Figured I would come here seeing that there is a fair amount of info about my Hanns G monitor

Comment

So... I'm from the UK and an electronics hobbyist.

Not much more to say?

Comment

hello

Comment

hello

Comment

just starting to dabble in eletronics basicly to save money on repairs im hoping the knowledge of the people on here will stear me in the right direction for future repairs.

Comment

Hi,

I would like to repair a TV and Badcaps looks like a great source of information and guidance.

Cheers!

Comment

Hi to all,
                  I joined the forum in order to learn finding electronic components problems.
                  For me I can say that I'm experienced at reballing.

Comment

Hi Badcaps,
                    I am a jack of all trades and the master of none! I have some tv repairs that are more than just bad solder joints.

Comment

This site has a wealth of information. Thanks to all those sharing their experiences and hope i can contribute too.

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                        A WELCOME to everyone that joins in!!

Peta,

Anyhow,
                        Peta, and everyone else that has joined, Welcome to the forums!! Bring some friends with ya!! :roll:
                        Hello,
                        or say hello....
                        ivica

Comment

Hi I started out working on washtub disk drives with 9 platters and 18 heads
                          That were a whooping 300 MB not GB, I am here because my 50" Panasonic plasma
                          Lost power yesterday, looks like this is a great source of info. I am a tinkerer also
                          And like to work with Raspberry pi and arduino projects that meld agriculture
                          And technology and IoT

Comment

Hello,
                            I am tryin to repair a SONY TV kdl40ex521,
                            it has standby power 3,3V in mother board.
                            It turn on,sony logo on screen, then turn off, then turn on, sony logo on screen...
                            any help! .

Comment

Well ok, here I am. I'm Brian! I'm a PC repair technician for PC's and Macs. Basically just want to see what info I can scour from this forum I'm actually looking for a schematic for Macbook Pro logic boards. Part # 820-2915-B at the moment. If anyone has one please post. Thank you very much!!

Comment

Re: Hi comunity

Hi i have a problem with Toshiba TV model 46rv535u with the clinking problem somebody know what components to replace in the power supply...???

Comment

I already put a review on but I guess it was not right. I am a tech of about45 yrs and liked looking on this web site. There is a lot of good info here. I will help out when I can. As for business these days it is like thanks to you tube and the throw away society.

Comment

Hi,

i'm a bit of a noob in electronic's

got here on my quest to fix my HG281D if it completely breaks down. (First i need a new monitor, cause i'm probably gonna screw up)

i work in IT and like almost everything technological end scientific.

Comment

Hi there, started tinkering with electronics repairs a few years ago. Started on small digital cameras and camcorders, then laptops and PDAs. I'm just learning about t.v.s now, so this looks like a great site to learn from.

Comment

I am primarily from Ecuador , I have like 25 in computer science and have always tried to learn more and I'll be electronica thanks for help.

Comment

Hello all, I've signed up to this forum, so I can (hopefully) fix some of the computers for my employer!

Comment

Working...
                                          X