This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

hello Forum Members, registered here a while ago just to read some posts & now today i downloaded something so i thinks that as a member i should have to give back as i take something from here...but i can't make a new thread coz i realize that i can't make a new thread then read the forum rules & Finds.. it just needs a Post a Single Post to activate my account so i m here

member on lots of technical CHINA forums, so will be happy if i can serve here as a good member,,just changed my net name to register here 1st time,, normally i use "naughty" as my ID but now i thinks this name does not suit to my age so changed here

anyways HELLO to all members , mods & ADMINS with due respect

Comment

Hi, I just found out this forum and I think you guys will be able to help me troubleshoot my Dell 2209wa so it can pass the 20k hours mark !

Comment

Hi!

I'm Luca, i'm Italian and i'm an Electronic Engineer. My job is to fix laptop and other electronics devices. I like this forum, and i hope to exchange informations, experience, and friendliness.

Thanks to all and have a nice day!

Comment

Hello, I'm new here and have found this site in an effort to repair my Element 40" TV. I have found a lot of good information that I hope will save $$ and effort to get my TV going again. Thanks to all for your posts that are so helpful!

Comment

Greetings from Hungary,

I am mostly in computer/notebook repairs, but I just put my dirty hands on a tv and might need some help, thats how I found my way to this forum and I thought I might say a hello here.

So... Hello!

Comment

Hi everyone! I found this site while searching for a solution to my Laptop's charging problem. Looks like this forum is exactly what I need.

Comment

Well Now so far I seem to be one of the oldest old fart's here. I'm Gary from New York and first programmed on the IBM 360/40 then the 360/65 worked on the Univac when with the Air Force in various places around the globe. It had over 5500 tubes and weighed close to 30,000 pounds . Ran at 2.2 MHz and used serial memory tape drives. Won't go into the way it was programmed because that's a story in itself. After graduation from the military, in 1974 I worked on wire wrap boards for one of the worlds first OCR's. It had some associated computer components, one of which was a 5 MB hard drive which was as big as a washing machine. That was just the container the disks sat in, the controller was the size of a small closet. After all the wonderful education I finally moved into the era of "modern" computers with the S-100 bus. Started out with the 8080 at 2 MHz and memory boards that were 2K (extended memory).Ran on CPM and had 8" floppies, soft sectored you could turn them over and get 32K on one side and 64K on the other, if you knew the tricks. Even worse was our I/O for output devices like printers and modems. Harmon (line at a time) were tricky to make work as they were shooting for a 9600 baud rate. So most people were satisfied with a diablo pin writer, which in theory you could get to go at 1200 Baud but most of the time would only sync at 300 or 150 Baud (yes even a crappy typist can do better then 150 so it was a toss up time wise). My modem was so slow it had a transmit and receive switch. My first laptop? around the same time the Osborne 1. Had to work out to call it a "portable" computer. Had modern 5" floppies and a Amber monochrome 5" monitor. Of course myself and many others laughed at the first IBM PC's we saw because they were so small and used something called "DOS". Why we though it was easier to solder components and make a jump start board just to make a computer "boot" then learn some new fangled language. Well 40 years later I still think we don't know what we are doing as we lost a lot of older users when WINDOWS 8 hit town. For all the advancements in hardware the software really sucks. At this point in my life I enjoy fixing anything that broken, except bad spooler calls in windows...

Comment

Oh and of course I have a Panasonic Plasma TV set with the 7 blinks of death. Thanks to Top Dog and some others who have given me the opportunity to do component level trouble shooting on the "SD" board. I have got the job of de - soldering about 50 (give or take) components or bite the bullet and buy a new board

Comment

Hi, greetings from Germany.
                    Not really a new member, I have been reading here for a long time, but now it's time to consult the experts

Comment

Hi
                      My name is Alex. I've been fixing a lot of laptops for friends right now which includes hardware and software. Right now I'm working on getting a bricked lenovo ideapad running for a friend.

Comment

Greetings all from Los Angeles!

Comment

Hi Parksy here.
                          British 57 electronics tech since 13 building boards for Lowe Electronics.
                          2 years college.
                          40 years on the bench.
                          20 years of that in HK.
                          50% of my life self employed.
                          Now on the scrapheap because of SMT.
                          Love the forum, think i will be posting a lot.

Comment

Hello to everybody !!

Comment

Hello every one, machapman001 here, hope you all are well. I'm excited to be here looking for answers for my broken stuff lol

Comment

I am a facilities manager, aka Jack of all Trades. I have no electronics background; but enjoy chipping away at my ignorance. I have, from time to time, electronics issues that I do not have the knowledge to troubleshoot.

Comment

Hya, Stuart from UK, new to TVs, experience vintage electronics

Comment

Hello from Greece,
                                    Nasos is my name and looking fwd to learn more about electronics )

Cheers !

Comment

Hello, I am new here.

Limited technical companies to get help for my problems in my area. When searching for my problem, I noticed how in dept you all are up here in this forum. I have been in the areas of this forum that notes similar issues.

Would apprecaite any help that I receive, have many...lol. Currently, working on my Sanyo. I posted this same problem but might had done in the wrong place. In addition, I have pictures posted illustrating the problem.

I have a Sanyo Model #DP46848.

My problem is a color and ghosting, or imprinting of the last words.

Thanks so much!
                                      Last edited by twe2011; 10-30-2014, 09:44 AM.

Comment

From Grand Prairie (Dallas) TX. PC work and repair since PC invented. Early 50s. SEMI fixed first tv recently but now replacement part oveheating too, which brought me to these forums. Many thanks!

Comment

Hello to all and thanks for having me.
                                          Been meddling in the backs of TV's for around a month.
                                          Latest fix was a 50 LG PLASMA purchased today for £50 with solarised overlayed picture.
                                          Fixed and watching it now.

Comment

Working...
                                          X