X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Originally posted by raami_81 View Post
    Greetings to All. I came across this site while trying to troubleshoot my LCD TV. I have a samsung LCD TV 40" LN40D610M4FXZA.
    im fixing tab bond in a sharp 26' with chimei panel.. i will create a web called "badtabs" hahaha.

Comment

Hello everyone, My name is Larry. I'm from Baltimore, MD. I have no background in electronics what so ever, I'm just your typical do it yourself-er. I graduated for Itt-Tech with a degree in multimedia. I'm my spare time I like doing multiple things but my favorite would be customizing game systems(painting, lights etc.) I'm kinda new to forums but found this place looking for some helping with a broken TV. Hopefully I'll get the help I need and hopefully learn a couple of new tricks.
      Last edited by skcatch; 10-15-2014, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Good day all, Bob Here. Graduated from Fanshawe many years ago. Diploma's in Electrical, Controls Engineering & Robotics. (5 long years of school).
        I am working in my field and loving it. Some medical... but mostly defense control systems and a few other cool things under that umbrella.

I've come across many posts on here WRT radios. Great stuff... Looking for some help!
        And hopefully I too can contribute too.
        Bob

Comment

Hi everybody....
          I've always been fascinated with electronics since an early age, now I have over 25 years of experience in mostly communications, radar, microwave,navaids, etc...
          Looking forward to gaining new skills and knowledge from this fine and highly technical forum......

Comment

Hi all! I have always been interested in electronics and absolutely love fixing/making/assembling things. I am currently a mechanical engineering student, and would eventually like to do electrical engineering as well!

Comment

Hi everyone on Badcaps. Always been interested in things mechanical and electrical. Graduated with a degree in nuclear physics and math, but became a lawyer in real life. Took a radio and electronics course and rocketry in HS summer school. Found this site in trying to fix my Panasonic plasma tv.

Comment

Hello everyone my name is Chris Cross and I'm glad to be here. I enjoy 1/2 price sushi, long walks on a moonlit beach, holding hands, and puppies. Also, after I got out of the military, I was also butt-raped by an escaped, retarded felon and so I have fits of rage and cannot control my outbursts, so thank you for your understanding, and I apologise in advance as I have PTSD and frequently wake up the next morning completely unaware of what I've done the night before. Again, thanks for your understanding and please forgive and accept my disability.

Comment

Hi guys,

I was led here with Google searches looking for solutions to my broken TV. I've got a community college diploma in Computer Engineering and a Uni degree in computer science but I haven't the slightest clue about consumer electronics. I'm hoping you guys can lend a helping hand?

-------
                  Joke time:
                  I knew a guy that was beaten up by a gang of mimes (Chris Cross, poster above me may well have been their victim).... they did *unspeakable things* to him.

Comment

Hi all , all the way from Sweden.
                    I've had an interests of fixing "thing" all my life and the electronic bit is a big part of it.
                    Soldering and exchanging parts is one thing but measuring and finding hw faults is another.
                    So in order to pursue that, I need help and experience.
                    Which this forum will help me with and I also hope to share my knowledge with persons in this forum.

Comment

Hello one and all! I've been reviewing quite a few of the posts here and felt compelled to register so that I get the full benefit of the knowledge that is present throughout these threads.

I have been in the low voltage industry (Fire and Life Safety) for 13+ years and have always had an interest in component/board level repairs and troubleshooting. Unfortunately, board level repairs are looked down upon in the Fire Alarm world due to pesky little things like "UL Listings" and "Certifications". Ha! So my experience is limited to a lot of self taught knowledge. Yes, as a kid I had a Radio Shack Electronics Lab Kit and stuck many a wire in the "springs" of creation. Now as an adult (A term I use loosely), I am beginning this new adventure as a hobby, mainly to fix all the crap around the house that is collecting dust.

So with that said, I look forward to continuing to read and learn from all of you as well as give feedback from any relative experiences that I may have to existing and new threads in the future.

Till Then!

John

Comment

Hi,
                        My name is Zina Mawala, am from Lusaka, Zambia (central Africa). Since technology is not all that advanced here, i mostly work with software and i do a bit of hardware as well.

My first machine to work on was a pentium 2. With Windows 3.1 in 2003.

Am glad to be part of this forum and thank you for allowing me to register.

Comment

Hello. !

Comment

Gentlemen, g'day. I am mildly overwhelmed and intimidated with the prospect of doing home repairs to my tv but have to say that thanks to this forum I now have an miniscule understanding as to why I was unable to watch the morning news. I have a varied technical background and with mechanical/operator skills ranging from reciprocating steam engines and pumps to gas turbine marine propulsion systems but have almost always relied upon others to provide electrical support and repair to anything that had a wire attached to it. I pulled a serrated bread knife through a live power cord on a floor consul back in 1975. Albeit ever so brief, I swear, there was time travel involved and ever since have relegated the operation of on/off switch/buttons to other persons I am not so fond of, whenever situations would allow. After reading a few pertinent posts I now have the electric pig on the dining room table and am now considering pulling out the carving knife to do a post op exploratory, to boldly go where this electronically challenged individual has never gone before. If the lights suddenly go out and you hear the sounds of emergency vehicles responding... it wasn't me. Cheers, kw.

Comment

I like to try and fix broken items myself since it is so hard to find reputable repair shops, so here I am looking for info ...

Comment

Greg C. from VA here. Just tapping into another experienced forum.

Comment

Hi my name is Chuck and I'm from Merrimack NH

Comment

Hello from me too.
                                    My name is Babis and I am from Greece. I am an enthousiast with electronics, since I was a child. My first project, when I was 9, was to convert an old car cassette player to a guitar amplifier, and totally by accident, it worked! Since then I started to try repairing all kinds of electronics. I am an amateur, and I try to read a lot about electronics. Best fixes ever: Car ECU's, medical equipments, many cell phones and tablets and many many laptops.
                                    Thanks

Comment

Hi Im Eric a bit of a hobyist Im 71 and still fixing thing I see that intrest me as far as finding out the real reason they went broke in the first place,my own Tv I use a monitor a Philips BDL3231 died Ive tried to get a service manual on the Net no success just loads of mumbo jumbo to download thier website info but no service manual,as Im new to your site can anyone help, I have a very large collections of circuit diagrams of yesteryear that might help someone in my possition Thanks for reading this. eric992

Comment

Originally posted by Zina View Post

My first machine to work on was a pentium 2. With Windows 3.1 in 2003.
                                        WTF! Windows 3.1 was considered dead 6 years before that.
                                        ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Hi all. I'm Logan, born and raised in Pittsburgh but now life in Huntsville, AL. I work in IT Infrastructure in the Aerospace industry. I'm here to hopefully get some guidance in some repairs and too learn more about tinkering in general

Comment

Working...
                                          X